REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 239 guests
You are here: HomeForumCountry_File → View All Posts

View All Posts: Country_File

» WDFPF European championships (Go to post)24-03-2011 @ 14:49 
I'll be there (u82.5 Juniors), will also be a good turnout from the rest of the bournemouth barbell group.
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)20-03-2011 @ 19:38 
cannings07 said:
LOL
In fairness, I thought the refereeing this weekend was exceptional Wink

thanks means a lot to me
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)15-03-2011 @ 17:01 
Thanks Alistair. It was a struggle to upload the results on here without them looking strange.

Even more importantly than the lifting results is the fact that we raised £167 for Help for Heroes. It's a great amount considering the small scale of the event. Hoping to organise a beginner strongman comp either next term or academic year at Bournemouth University. After the number of new people attending the Dorset powerlifting championships I believe there is a lot of untapped potential out there that needs to be encouraged into strength sports!

Look forward to any thoughts/ideas/help on this idea.

Adam
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)15-03-2011 @ 12:27 
Post Edited: 17.03.2011 @ 15:57 PM by Country_File
For full results please see: http://bournemouthbarbell.co.uk/competitions/competition-archi...
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)15-03-2011 @ 12:19 
gonna be some screaming!
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)13-03-2011 @ 21:15 
Like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved today, especially Paul Rees, Alistair Cannings, Steve Tyres, Darren Wilkes, James Lever and all of those who aren't on this forum.

It was a great event with 32 participants overall! With at least half of them being firt timers, which I hope can help the sport grow. The results will be posted up in the next few days.

Approximately £150 was raised for Help for Heroes.

Highlights included Alexandra Williams, 14 years old, breaking British records for her age group and weight class. Vince Minty delivered with some great lifts, 160kg+ bench impressed a crowd completely new to the concept of powerlifting.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the British; where I'm sure we could use some extra hands for those of you who will have some free time.

Once again, thanks to all.

Adam
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)11-03-2011 @ 09:40 
Attention

Unfortunately due to lack of entries; the morning weightlifting competition, due to start from 8am, has been cancelled.

Apologies to anyone who was planning to come along.

Powerlifting, weigh in from 12, is still on and the entry list is full up. Spectators are welcome.

Look forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

Adam
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)07-03-2011 @ 16:42 
Last week to get entry forms in: heading towards full capacity in the Powerlifting, lots of space still in the weightlifting.

First timers will be welcomed and all rules shall be fully explained to them.

If you are within the area spread the word to potential lifters.

Depending on interest may be the potential to run a first timers strongman competition at Bournemouth University during May
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)02-03-2011 @ 14:32 
IainKendrick said:Looking at numbers guess there will be a minimum of 4 flights and possibly 5. 5 flight rotation will be a long day.

Paul and the rest of the gang will sort it out.

As were are talking about long days Paul will there be any catering?

I'm not sure whether Paul will be organising a snack stand; however on campus there is a shop, bar and costa coffee Grin
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)02-03-2011 @ 14:13 
Not long away now. Entries are looking good. Will be at least 20 individuals competing across the day. Some first timers as well as experienced individuals rehearsing for the following week.

All profit is being donated to Help for Heroes.

Still a week left to get entries in. Would be great to see some new faces on the circuit, so give a gentle nudge to any gym rats you know. Spectators welcome, enry free but donations encouraged Wink

Entry forms from: http://bournemouthbarbell.co.uk/competitions/forthcoming-event...

Enquiries to myself, Adam Elkins: 07922619527. Email: adam_elkins89@hotmail.com

Ps. Volunteers are always appreciated Happy

Kind regards,
Adam
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)01-03-2011 @ 12:40 
any chance of allowing me to bench with dumbbells at this comp? The wrist is playing up Unhappy
» Eating stuff before paying for it in the supermarket (Go to post)21-02-2011 @ 16:24 
They did a test during the 60/70s at Stanford university called the 'Marshmellow tests' They found that children who couldn't wait five minutes, and if they could got two marshmellows, before eating a marshmellow were more likely to be drug users and not do as well academically.

Moral of those tests, make your kids wait
» I Spit On Your Grave (Go to post)21-02-2011 @ 16:20 
Wiegieboard said:i thought it was an ok movie. liked the bit with the bath.

I've opted for this tactic instead of doing hyper extensions. I find if you lie on your side you can work obliques as well
» British (BDFPA) Unequipped Powerlifting Championships 2011 (Go to post)16-02-2011 @ 09:37 
Carl said:word on the street is cannings is doing the british unequipped

Think he might be put off when I tell him some deadlift numbers at training later
» Dorset Weightlifting and Powerlifting Championship (Go to post)16-02-2011 @ 09:35 
Again, I would urge members to push any local new-comers/gym rats/athletes towards this event as well as doing it themselves. It will be a great opportunity to increase participation in weightlifting and powerlifting across the region, as well as demonstrating you don't need 400 wilkes to have fun.Grin

You are here: HomeForumCountry_File → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions