REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 547 guests
You are here: HomeForumSean048 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Sean048

» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)08-04-2011 @ 10:21 
Name down cant wait!!!!!!

Looks like some big guys signing up to this.
» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)07-04-2011 @ 12:04 
Can we snatch it :-)
» Strongmen - Your 1st competition.... (Go to post)07-04-2011 @ 11:58 
Hi James,

Im in exactly the same boat just putting my name down for Reflexions comp today.

I am probably just below the standard i need to rep out on all them events especially the overhead stuff.

But its 16+ weeks till the comp so i just have to train hard and we will soon find out whether i made a terrible decision :-).

Hopefully see you there, let me know how you get on with your progress and we can compare and maybe get some tips from each other as well as these guys.

Cheers
» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)06-04-2011 @ 15:08 
Ok i ring today or early tomorrow, and send cheque asap.

Cheers
» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)06-04-2011 @ 13:42 
ok cool,

I want in!!!

This looks a cracking first comp.
» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)06-04-2011 @ 11:08 
Oh s**t am i too light to enter this!!!
» Reflexions Novice Strongman Competition 2011 (Go to post)06-04-2011 @ 10:52 
This looks a great comp for me as i am new to this but would love a crack at it as my first comp. Can i put my name down as a certainty.

Cheers
» Training for first event - advice on programme (Go to post)14-02-2011 @ 11:27 
Hi Guys,

Just want some advice on whether i am heading in the right direction regarding my programme. As previously posted i want to enter a first timers event or something like that for under 90kg's. This is my first attempt at performing proper structured strength training so any advice would be welcome.

Just completed three weeks of 5 sets of five reps with the following:

Monday

Bench press - 100kg
Thick bar clean and press - 60kg
Incline Bench press - 85 - 90 kg

Tuesday

Barbell Curl - 40kg - 57.5kg
Lock Outs - 130kg
Weighted Chin Ups - 25kg plate
Weighted Dips - 50kg

Wednesday

Back Squat - 125kg
Leg Curl - 35kg
Standing Calf Raise - 160kg

Friday

Sumo Deadlift - 190kg
Close Grip row
Hangs (for grip)- timed trying to get 60 secs

My new programme is the following, does this look ok, i know that i need to really improve my overhead pressing more than any other aspect and if there are any tips for doing this i would be greatful.

Monday

Front Squat - 6 - 8 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)
Romanian DL - 6 - 8 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)
Back Squat - 6 8 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)

Tuesday

Bench Press - 6 sets of 1 rep max
Trap Bar Deadlift - 6 sets of 1 rep max
Tricep Dip - 6 sets of 1 rep max

Wednesday - Assistance work & abs

Thursday

Back squat - 6 sets of 1 rep max
Push Press - 6 sets of 1 rep max
Pull Up - 6 sets of 1 rep max

Friday (am)

Incline DB Press - 6 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)
Power Snatch - 6 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)
Barbell Curl - 6 sets of 3 (60% of 1RM)

(pm)

Event Training

farmers walks, car pushes, sled work etc

Any advice would be great and hope to nail some pb's this next few weeks.

Cheers
» Newbee to Strongman (Go to post)11-02-2011 @ 12:17 
Thanks for that info, i was just under the impression that those regional qualifiers would be too much for me. But i shall do some more research and see the sort of lifts that those guys are doing.

I have give myself a year to get to a standard where i will feel confident in competing and hopfully not come last, cos that aint happening!!!Happy

Thanks again
» Newbee to Strongman (Go to post)11-02-2011 @ 12:17 
Thanks for that info, i was just under the impression that those regional qualifiers would be too much for me. But i shall do some more research and see the sort of lifts that those guys are doing.

I have give myself a year to get to a standard where i will feel confident in competing and hopfully not come last, cos that aint happening!!!Happy

Thanks again
» Newbee to Strongman (Go to post)11-02-2011 @ 12:05 
Hi there gents,

I am just starting out at the whole strongman aspect of training and am seeking advice on a few points.

I am looking to compete maybe this time next year or later in the year depending on my progress. I am looking to enter a novice / first timers event at under 90kg. I have come from a boxing background but have always done weights regularly.

I am currently 84kg so a little light at present and my pb's are as follows:

Squat - 150kg
Deadlift 215kg
Bench press - 117.5kg

I am just starting to embark on pure strength training and train at the Gallery Gym in windsor which ahs all the powerlifting / stronman facilities I will need.

My questions are as follows really:

I know my current standard is nowehere near good enough but what would be a sort of base for being ready to enter rgarding lifts eg. 170kg squat etc.

I like the whole aspect of everyone helping each other out on these events even though everyone seems really competetive like myself.

Also how often do the under 90kg comps come around as they seem to be quiet rare due to the nature of the competetion.

I would happily listen or read any advice that you guys may have on training and competetions.

I have already learnt and read a lot of workouts which i am going to follow in the future from this forum so any help would be greatful.

Happy

You are here: HomeForumSean048 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions