hmm

200KG Back squat

160KG Front squat

240KG Deadlift

100kG OH press

120KG OH Push press
» Unregistered Property ! (Go to post)22-12-2012 @ 20:48 
General_ill said:
Yeah it's not really the time of the year for this kinda cocking about. Will see what happens hopefully it will all sort it's self out

Actually its the perfect time of the year to have a nosy.

When people buy a building during the warmer months the problems aren't really showing up. When snow, frost, heavy rain and wind become a regular thing, your problems are there to see.

Now you have the task of fixing whatever problems there are in bad weather and little daylight.

Also, I'd check if its on a flood plain, the weather these days is showing the folly of living on them and it will be worse in the future.
» Raw squats or raw anything else for that matter (Go to post)22-12-2012 @ 20:40 
I use a belt for any overhead pressing and squats. Primarily for lower back protection as I feel the need to keep the back in line and tight far outweighs the supposed "raw" attitude around in gyms.

Its my back, I dont want a slipped disc or any other injury because a little slip up on the weights leads to my back being bent in a bad way.

Weightlifters use belts because the benefits outweigh the chance that when you catch a heavy snatch or clean, you'll crumple.

Belts help front and rear loaded weights from crushing your abs and lower back if things get problematic, that isn't a claim to enhance a lift, its for safety.
» Unregistered Property ! (Go to post)22-12-2012 @ 20:28 
Its built on farmland which was/is part of larger land ownership.

Think you need to dig up old land registries. Rich lords who owned vast swathes of England would have granted permission to farmers to use the land.

145k for a house that needs a new roof and you have very little land to use.

I think you can negotiate that down a bit to be honest.
» newton shooting (Go to post)16-12-2012 @ 00:38 
Tom_Martin said:
I don't know how to get hold of a gun though....but give me a month and I could make a reasonable effort I think.

The difference being, easy access to guns has given easy access to semi and full automatic weaponry.

How easy are those to get here? A sawn off shotgun and pistol do not count. I am talking assault rifles, auto shotguns and the like. America has them on sale by the truck load.

Making it harder to get guns is what creates detection and prevention.

How easy would it be to buy a gun in a shop compared to going out hunting for one in a high crime area?

Now imagine a weak, punk ass little scumbag like the perp who shot all of those kids going into a hood neighbourhood. Not so easy I can tell you now.
» Gladiators (Go to post)11-12-2012 @ 13:34 
minibig1 said:i forgot to mention earlier my uncle had a 1 night stand with lightning, absolute hero!

SO was it fast?
» Kirsty Allsop gets dirty..... (Go to post)10-12-2012 @ 20:22 
lol. Love these mash ups.
» Me first video of me snatch (Go to post)04-12-2012 @ 00:20 
davidhowarth said:
Hijack away mrbeige,
The reason I do the three is (only because I was questioned about my overhead jerk with a snatch grip today) this:
overhead jerks (snatch grip): helps with lockout and being able to hold the weight overhead.
overhead squats: being able to stand up out of the bottom of the snatch.
snatch balance: helps with lockout plus overhead squatting of the weight, so both of the above in one movement.
This is why I do it, but a weightlifter will say just do the snatch balance and you will be fine. which is true, but it`s nice to know if you get a weight over your head then that weight is not going to bury you. So for confidence really is why I do it.
If you do what Tom says, to work on stability issues then thats step one. Then PM a weightlifter after that and take it from there.
All the weightlifter on here will help you if you PM them,

Real weightlifters would never say "just do the snatch" Grin

Gotta break them down to their components and build it. Thats how you get a snatch to go beyond your bodyweight.

Also, what gym do you go to?
» Women's World Championships (Go to post)26-11-2012 @ 19:29 
Just wondering.

Why do the lower placed people have higher point scores than those above?
» Farmers Walk Chinese Style! (Go to post)26-11-2012 @ 19:16 
So people take exception to carrying pigs these days?

If anything those pigs need to be heavy so they're not exactly mis-treated are they? A decent sized animal requires feeding and if you want to see cruelty look at the restaurants they have over there.

Or how about lobsters and crabs in western food outlets?

I don't see many people whinging about rabbit stew that has been freshly hunted. Roll-Eyes
» WHY ? (Go to post)23-11-2012 @ 12:31 
Ok so outside of the Daily Fail stirring things up, what did a 16 year old girl do to a complete stranger?

Nothing as far as I am concerned.

There are people out there who take exception to someone because of how the look or what they did and it develops into hate. Now the person they target has done nothing wrong but in the mind of the attacker, they are guilty of something.

The guy in-question is described as "massive". Grin Grin Compared to guys 18 stones and above he is nothing.
» Perceprions of female athletes (Go to post)19-11-2012 @ 00:29 
Cuddles said:
I don't think that's female specific at all. Most men haven't a clue and display a lot of the behaviour that you observe.
99% of the people who i have spoken to in gyms had no intention of listening to the advice that they often courted. It's just the way it is.

I know what you mean but with men you have a bigger chance of them listening or doing something but women? They're a brick wall too ingrained with the ideals of hollywood and glossy magazines touting the newest craze.

I couldn't possibly stay sane with a GF who moans about her weight and reads that s**t.
» Perceprions of female athletes (Go to post)19-11-2012 @ 00:27 
Chernobyl said:Stupid fingers!!
Anywho...im a female strength athlete, ive been met with a whole plethora of responses from men and women about what i do! I do remember some girls telling me they wouldnt want to look like me...ladies-it takes a whole load a training and cakes to look like me!! Before strongwoman i trained for physique and lifted fairly heavy!
Most guys i meet now are very positive about what i do...and that could be because i mostly hang around with guys what lift....
I have been shouted at to go home and cook for my husband and kids rather than b in the gym (ha ha i have neither) hmmm...maybe cos im always in the gym?!

Maybe you should go buy your hubbie and kids a protein bar! Grin
» Perceprions of female athletes (Go to post)18-11-2012 @ 01:35 
Young women are mostly clueless about nutrition and exercise.

There is this obsession with cardio, detox, crash diets and starvation and they end up going nowhere. They get trapped in a vicious cycle and it basically consumes their whole life.

I can count just 1 woman who listened to advice I gave her about nutrition and exercise, what websites were good and what she should avoid.

I tried it with a number of women I knew over the years and they looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language, and not a language they liked the sound of either.

You tell a woman to lift a barbell, 9/10 she will laugh in your face and believe the communal gym instructors regime about zumba and other s**t.
» Charity bullshit!! (Go to post)18-11-2012 @ 01:18 
I agree about the whole charity in your face bo***cks.

In sheffield along the main shopping area going towards the town square there are always groups of idiots accosting you, asking for your time or money.

I know their drop-in tactics because they've been trained to stand at a distance and 'move' into your line of sight with a wave and a big grin acting as if they're interested in you.

I really hate it because not only do I need to walk around them I also get dirty looks from them and others. They can get f**ked.

You are here: HomeForumHarry → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions