REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 163 guests
You are here: HomeForumMikeBromby1 → View All Posts

View All Posts: MikeBromby1

12345678910 ... ... 2829303132333435363738

» Cool Present! (Go to post)14-04-2011 @ 16:53 
Boar said:he is gonna get that failed for a press out

looks lovely though !!

Tht's what i thought, but maybe he's doing split squats or lunges ha.
» Cool Present! (Go to post)14-04-2011 @ 15:37 
Recieved this today as a gift for my birthday, fort it was cool so just thought i'd share it haha.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1802/20110414134908.jpg
» Event Shoes (Go to post)09-04-2011 @ 10:08 
Sen said:nice input cheers;

Just to satisfy curiosity: The Garra shoes:
http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/garra_non_stop_gold_rock_climbing_s...

I will do my first comp in some basic lifting shoes for the pressing/deads and climbing shoes for drags, and keep my asics for movement events and see how I get on; and try some of the given advice when cash permits.

thanks again that was some good info, fast.

http://www.walkhigh.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000003.pl?SS=garra+non+sto...

Free postage so bit cheaper and in 2 coulours!
» rock climbing shoes and tacky? (Go to post)22-03-2011 @ 09:04 
Villa_Ste said:
just checked these and there sold out and dont know when new stock will be available
do i just buy the same size as what id buy 4 trainers?

http://www.walkhigh.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000003.pl?SS=garra+non-sto...

Only place i could find them when i bought mine. I went for the black and yellow fort they looked cooler haha.
» Elbow pain (Go to post)20-03-2011 @ 00:09 
There are 2 types of elbow tendonitis, tennis which is on ure outer elbow and golfers which is on the inner part that runs into your forearm.

I had tennis elbow in both arms and started taking 1500mg glucosamine a day aswell as eliminating any type of skull crusher and they healed up fairly quickly.

Golfers elbow was a diff story for me tho, did my right one arm wrestling and the pain shot down from my inner elbow too about 2/3rds down my forearm, think it tore, must av been weakend from the gym. That took 3 months too heal, which included wearing an elbow sleeve for just about every excersise, ice after gym, the odd bit of tiger balm and the glucosamine intake.

Developed it in my left arm eventually aswell but that came out mor slowly, got to the point were it was constantly sore right to the touch though, couldnt get this one to heal at all tho because it was getting aggravated at work which i couldnt avoid. Found out about dmso on the net, read up on it a bit and decided to get some.

Used it for the 1st tym after i had done a chest workout which had caused terrible soreness in the elbow, i'm not joking when i say i could feel the pain subsiding as soon as i put the stuff on my skin, after 20 mins or so my elbow felt good as new and that was just off using a small amount that i took off the inside of the top of the tub. The next day at work when i had to lift something the pain had reduced to a hardly noticable small ache which eventually dissapeared.

I didnt go mad with using it because it hasnt been approved for humans so was a bit cautious. It worked for me though when nothing else would.
» weirdest thing you've ever seen a gym. (Go to post)23-02-2011 @ 19:21 
Kid in his early 20's trainin with a pair of jeans with a girls belt tht had big jewels around it and a pair of cowboy boots with his top off.

The same kids been in after drinkin 10 pints with his grandma, so he told me haha.
» Head Bleeding Whilst Doing Squats (Go to post)23-02-2011 @ 16:34 
Thanx for the replies!

Felt a bit light headed today at work and a little dizzy so went to A&E hoping for sum sort of scan but the doctor said i didnt need one. Said he didn't have a clue because he wasnt a sports therapist, another useless doctor to add to the list.

Will make sure i breath right next tym i do them, i dnt recall breathing out when i do them and have my teeth clenched so that is likely the problem.

head still feels funny but hoping its back to normal by tommorow.

Thanx!
» Head Bleeding Whilst Doing Squats (Go to post)22-02-2011 @ 21:35 
Was squatting last week at gym - final set 195kg x 6, when i finished i noticed a trickle of blood running down my forehead, the blood had come out my scalp about an inch from my forehead.

i dismissed it as it being a scab or something but the same thing has just happend tonight but this time from a different part of my head further up than the other tym.

Is this heard of???

I do feel loads of pressure in my face on my heaviest set, maybe going to heavy for myself as i feel like m going forward and cnt keep very strait.

Any advice?? Think it's going to be doctors on friday after work!

Thanks!
» Which length resistance bands? (Go to post)11-02-2011 @ 12:52 
ok thanx, good idea!
» Which length resistance bands? (Go to post)10-02-2011 @ 21:16 
Hi, i want to get some resistance bands to use for benching, jst regular flat benching with the bands looped around dumbells then the other end around olympic bar.

Which length bands are best for this???

Thanks!
» Pain in back behind shoulder blade! (Go to post)17-01-2011 @ 18:02 
ok thanx!
» Pain in back behind shoulder blade! (Go to post)17-01-2011 @ 11:08 
I was log pressing yesterday and i decided to try a split stance instead of neutral to see if it would give me more balance but when i finished the set i had a slight stabbing pain in my left lat behind the lower part of my shoulder blade. I carried on training after this because it didn't seem too bad but when i got up this morning the pain was really bad when i breath in and move in most directions.

Anyone had this pain and know how long it will last?? Ive took the day off from work but need to get back tommorow realisticly but don't want to make it worse.

Cheers!
» Best olympic collars for axle bars (Go to post)10-01-2011 @ 20:51 
iceman68 said:you want proper olyimpic collers with the two srews they are brill i use them they are about 15 quid a pair

These the 1's shaped like stars?
» Best olympic collars for axle bars (Go to post)10-01-2011 @ 20:51 
Cheers lads!
» Britains Natural Strongest man 2011 NORTHERN QUALIFIER (Go to post)10-01-2011 @ 18:50 
Duncan said:210 deadlift for reps at u105 seems a bit of a joke. This is a national strongman comp?....

Surely it should be a bit higher as there are a lot of people that can do that in many, many gyms around the country.

You tried axle deadlift?? Believe me when i say people will struggle with 210 kg without straps!

12345678910 ... ... 2829303132333435363738

You are here: HomeForumMikeBromby1 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions