REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 150 guests
You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts

View All Posts: streak

12345678910 ... 16 ... 1718192021222324252627

» What circus dumbbell? (Go to post)06-11-2011 @ 23:05 
rawpowerbaarn said:If you are not sure why not make a loadable one yourself first. I have made a few loadable ones, 30mm and 50mm. and just recently have made some fixed circusdumbells.

I can barely change a plug, far less make a dumbbell Happy. I suppose i could buy a loadable dumbbell. Cheers!
» What circus dumbbell? (Go to post)06-11-2011 @ 22:57 
I'm really keen to get a Strength Shop circus dumbbell, but I'm not too sure which one to go for. I have an 80kg strict log PB. Should I go for 31kg, 42kg or 53kg?
» When to do power cleans? (Go to post)31-10-2011 @ 14:20 
Are you on 531? Wendler says to do them before deadlifting.
» Best TV programmes from your youth (Go to post)29-10-2011 @ 15:05 
Red hand gang!
» Does anyone else hate the term TEKKERS? (Go to post)25-10-2011 @ 21:14 
I hate when folk say axe instead of ask. Wtf??!!
» Squat critique (Go to post)24-10-2011 @ 21:36 
Your technique is the way a lot of ppl squat when they begin (myself included). There are too many factors that come into a good squat to go through them all. Just squat. Lots. But....really make an effort to get to at least parallel (drop weight if you have to) and you should try to prevent your knees from travelling too far forward over your toes. You will achieve this by sitting into the lift more (drop your arse back and not straight down).
» 150 kg x 5 Squat (Go to post)23-10-2011 @ 14:32 
They're maybe a bit too deep if anything. Good though.
» powerlifting and rugby (Go to post)21-10-2011 @ 19:26 
Nice big hit but illegal?! No attempt to grasp the player - it's effectively an NFL style 'tackle'.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)19-10-2011 @ 20:48 
Solid squats mate. Coming on Happy
» Hernia? (Go to post)18-10-2011 @ 13:22 
Cuddles said:Maybe my lack of medical education is restricting my ability to communicate what I mean here.

The problem with the hernia is the protrusion, but that is caused by a hole or tear in your abdominal wall. Without the tear you cant have the protrusion, they dont repair the protrusion, they repair the hole. If you had a lump, pushed it back in, you still have the hole.

I have ZERO idea if any of you have hernia. I know I have one because the doctor told me so.

Are they going to fix it? I know with my hernia it just worse as time passed, until the point that the protrusion was in my nutsack.

Can they heal without surgery? I think I have heard that they can.
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)17-10-2011 @ 20:47 
Dan_Evans said:Going very low/zero carb is not they forward for a powerlifter, or any other athlete. I've tried it, and I soon went to s**t. And yes, I was doing it properly.

I think I agree with this, based on my own 'experiments'. Did you get to the stage where you were eating enough to gain weight but still felt you were under performing in the gym?
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)17-10-2011 @ 17:19 
Steve said:The sort of science "fad" diets have to contend with.
From the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. Look at the results and then the conclusion. I wonder who was funding this study?

Thats CLASSIC. All I can say is LOL and LMFAO Confused
» female nutritional advice (Go to post)16-10-2011 @ 20:37 
Dan_Evans said:
I find that fat does this, too.

I agree, but if you mention that round here you get accused of all sorts of quackery Happy
» rugby world cup (Go to post)16-10-2011 @ 16:59 
Shaun said:
Northern Hemisphere rugby is played during the winter, primarily in cold, dark and muddy conditions, and doesn't feature the sort of running you more often see in Southern Hemisphere rugby.
I've long believed that we should change Union here to be a summer sport. It'd do wonders for the sport. League did it and haven't looked back.

Great point. Rugby and football should be summer sports IMO (well feb to oct). I'm sure there are historical reasons for them being winter sports but the only reason I can think, these days, of any problem would be forcing kids to choose between rugby/footie and cricket.
» rugby world cup (Go to post)16-10-2011 @ 12:44 
At the time I thought the ref got it wrong, but reading that link you could argue that the player "was lifted and dropped without due regard for his safety". He wasn't forced or 'speared' into the ground though.

I think the ref reacted to the French players' outrage, as so many refs do in sport. I'd wager that most of the French players would have been happy with a yellow.

It'll be interesting to see it this'll translate to more red cards for dangerous tackles in the domestic game. I know that at the low level I play the refs are super switched on to rule changes (ironic because our refs are terrible). Im fully expecting them to red card anybody that accidentally lifts an opponent. It'll be inconsistent though Happy

12345678910 ... 16 ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions