REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 122 guests
You are here: HomeForumbigtrev → View All Posts

View All Posts: bigtrev

» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)19-03-2011 @ 21:49 
Night mare about the comp. i was really looking forward to my first strongman compAngry
» GBPF NW Unequipped Bench Press and Deadlift 2011 (Go to post)05-02-2011 @ 21:12 
Haway lads just get your hand in your pockets and do the comp.

there are six of us coming over from the north east to compete.

really like the push pull format, plus the bench can be used as a british qualifier.
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)21-01-2011 @ 20:58 
baldy said:I did the Unit20 first timers last year and loved every second of it. If anyone is considering it, I say get your name down and do it.

Having a goal to aim towards will help you make great gains in strength and the atmosphere at the unit is great for comps. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Will try arrange a romantic Edinburgh weekend treat for the misses on this weekend. Happy

carefull lookwhat happened to smuk and his romantic weekend lol
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)21-01-2011 @ 20:54 
Really looking forward to this comp still done no strongman training as such but hey ho. hoping sheer determination and the promise of lots of whiskey will do the trick for this makem on tour lol.
» Terry Hollands, 440k Deadlift (Go to post)15-01-2011 @ 22:09 
un f**kin believable so dam easy
» elite strongman events/shows 2011 (Go to post)29-12-2010 @ 22:46 
elitestrongman said:Elite strongman promotions

dates & venues for competitions 2011

Date: Competition: Venue:
23rd April under 90 North of England strongest man qualifier Consett (TBC)
2nd May Midland’s strongest man qualifier LB (TBC)
May North of England qualifier TBC
30th May Barnard Castle steam show strongest man Barnard Castle
4th June Competition (TBC) Allendale
July England’s strongest man final 2011 TBC
28th August North East strongest man 2010 Barnard Castle
11th September Competition (TBC) Billingham

will be my first comp possibly second got my name down for the first timers at unit twenty but not sure if i can get to a closer one. i live not far from newcastle so consett looks a better option but i am looking for guidance which comp will be best to do. Also i train with a couple of lads who will be intersted in competing.

The gym where i train is not geared up for strongman so does any one know anywhere close to newcastle with strongman facilities
» Axle clean and press (Go to post)28-12-2010 @ 19:19 
looked easy mate keep up the good work for britain awsome in sun city after the bicep tear
» Unit 20 Classic - HEAVY and HEAVIER (Go to post)23-12-2010 @ 15:06 
buzz said:Both these comps are full up, but you can do the 1st timers if you want. There were folk in it last year with bigger squat and deadlift numbers. Always a pretty broad range in it, and as long as it's your first strongman comp it's fine with me.
Cheers mate i will give the first timers a go.
» Unit 20 Classic - HEAVY and HEAVIER (Go to post)20-12-2010 @ 22:00 
Just new to this strongman thing with regards to the events is the axle from the floor every rep or power clean once and then just rep it out, as i want to have a go. thought about the first timers comp but some guys on the forum thought it would be too light. Also the inch dumbbell is that basicly just grip and rep touching the shoulder every rep. sorry for the ignorance but want to practice right.
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)14-12-2010 @ 22:12 
i probably me pants. cheers for your input mate. im off to train now lol
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)14-12-2010 @ 21:55 
you obviously train there. been on the website seems a really good setup. trying to get our gym to purchase gear but there not budging.do you reckon a novicecomp might be better
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)14-12-2010 @ 21:43 
my squat and deadlift total is unequipped but my bench is equipped
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)14-12-2010 @ 21:40 
Post Edited: 14.12.2010 @ 21:41 PM by bigtrev
not sure mate not that good on the shoulder events my best in the gym is only 100kg for three (power cleans) im not to bad at the deads and never tried any of the other events. I live in a place called ashington about tenty miles north of newcastle and no strongman gyms around.
» Unit 20 First Timers Comp 2011 (Go to post)14-12-2010 @ 20:52 
Hi I am currently into powerlifting lifting in the yorkshire and north east division but would like to have a go at strong man comps,
I am currently at a body weight of 115kg but alot of the comps listed seem to be 105kg or under, or am i just reading it wrong. If not and welcome i might give the first timers comp a go.Confused
You are here: HomeForumbigtrev → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions