» Steve Burke's Log (Go to post)03-11-2013 @ 18:27 
A1: paused fronties; 52.5kg; 3-3-3-3-3
A2: ring press-ups; 5-5-5-5-5
B: DOH Deads; 72.5kg; 5-5-5
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)31-10-2013 @ 09:52 
Far too much rowing in this log for my liking Wink

Do you still get down to TRAIN/ 3D?
» Steve Burke's Log (Go to post)30-10-2013 @ 22:12 
Sparrow said:Good to have you back Burky.

Family life settled down a bit now mate?

Cheers mate! Yeah settled a fair bit (what the hell did I do with my time before kids lol) she's two and a half now Grin
» Steve Burke's Log (Go to post)30-10-2013 @ 22:04 
Not really lifted for over a year so pretty much starting from scratch.

Not bothered about numbers just want to train regularly again and keeping a log will help. Once I get back into it I'll see what happens Happy

I cycle 20 miles a day on my commute and try and get out on the bike at the weekend as much as I can.

30 Oct

Paused fronties:
50kg: 3-3-3-3-3

Ring press ups:
5-5-5-5-5

DOH Deads:
70kg: 5-5-5-5-5
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)26-09-2013 @ 12:43 
Martin was a different level yesterday. I read that his time would have got him 6th place in the TEAM TT!
» Lifting at 8months Pregnant (Go to post)19-09-2013 @ 16:25 
polkovnikostin said:
http://www.aachen-emotion.com/read-read/cm/hilfe,1737.jpeg
Would you commend this woman, or do you think she should have left her baby in the crèche?

Nursery fees being what they are I might treat the wife to one of those slings Wink
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)29-08-2013 @ 10:47 
What were you doing in 'that London' mate?

Cuddles said:There are even fold away bike races these days. You have to wear a suit...

Think there's even a World Champs!

Yeah, heard about that, didnt they have a race around a motor track recently?

Moultons kick the crap out of Bromptons (although i like Bromptons as well), some of their frames are stainless steel which is dead swish! Grin
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)28-08-2013 @ 19:37 
Saw a Moulton with drop handlebars on my ride home tonight. Think it might have been this model:

http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk/models/AM202.html

Top quality and I think they look cool Cool Happy
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)23-08-2013 @ 16:33 
Cuddles said:He'll do both, he just needs to pick up some track points.

I think Wiggins knows his time is done.

If Wiggins does go down the Classics route do you think he will be competative considering Sky's poor showing in them this year?
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)23-08-2013 @ 16:18 
Wiggins going back to the track and now Cav? Should be good for the next Olympics but how will it affect their road racing?

I thought I heard that Wiggins was not going to do any more Grand Tours and instead concentrate on the Spring Classics but haven’t OPQS brought in a couple of lads to help out Cav?

[url=]http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/22/mark-cavendish-re...
[/url]
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)11-08-2013 @ 20:46 
Cuddles said:Gents you'll both be fine, get your bike in the right gears on the hills and eat and drink plenty and you'll be grand.

Burky - I'm sorry to hear about your response from Planet X, very poor from them. Have you ordered new wheels?

Cheers mate. No, have complained so I'm waiting to hear back. Spoke to the wheel builder I have been using and they said that repairing Planet X wheels is a nice income stream for them! Planet X so far has been f**king useless.

Looking forward to the sportive, looks like a good route, especially Swiss hill! Happy
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)11-08-2013 @ 20:04 
streak said:I've got my first sportive in 2 weeks. 66 miles (the middle option).

I'm excited and trepidated all at once Happy

Which one are you doing mate?
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)11-08-2013 @ 19:25 
Providing I get my wheels in time I think I'll do the Cheshire Ronde sportive next weekend (70km), looks alright!

http://cheshireronde.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheshire-ronde-70km-map....

Happy
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)09-08-2013 @ 12:42 
Cuddles said:
You got a bike less than 6 months ago and have broken 3 spokes? What is wrong with the front mech?
Where did you get your bike from? You should be paying nothing for these repairs.
To put it in perspective in the last few years I've done more than 20k miles and never broken a spoke and my front mechs work like new. Your 'damage' is not normal and the shop you bought it from will know that.

I was wrong originally, i have actually broken 4 spokes, anyway just heard back from Planet X this is the general jist:

'I've checked over the wheels and found a few of the spokes to be too highly tensioned, this is likely the cause of the spokes snapping and could be a result of them being over tightened when the wheel has been repaired previously.

I'm confident there are not any manufacturing defects with these wheels that could cause the spokes to repeatedly break'.

For each repair I got a local wheel builder to fit the new spoke so I can't see them over tightening them. really not impressed.

12345678910 ... ... 5253545556575859606162

You are here: HomeForumBurky → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions