REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 210 guests
You are here: HomeForumRepboards → View All Posts

View All Posts: Repboards

» Repboards (Go to post)05-06-2014 @ 11:10 
JohnGym said:I tried to buy the set yesterday but the paypal doesn't work on iOS. Is there another way to purchase these?

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into why its not working on iOS, thought it was.

If you can get hold of a laptop , PC, or Android phone it should work.
» Repboards (Go to post)05-06-2014 @ 10:05 
brownbear said:any new offers?

No new offers as such, but the Repboards set is now only £39.99.
» BDFPA Results website (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 09:10 
Hi Iain,

That is the plan. but just want to have BDFPA for a while, just to see how it goes.

One of the problems is making sure that comps going forward use the scoresheet spreadsheet that is compatibale with the website.

The website allows competition spreadsheets to be upoaded, therefore the results 'should' be able to be uploaded and available on the websote the same day as the comp.
» BDFPA Results website (Go to post)21-04-2013 @ 20:33 
Check out the new website for viewing results from powerlifting comps.

At the moment only BDFPA results are available. Past results from BDFPA comps will be added over the coming weeks.

www.powerliftingresults.com
» Repboards (Go to post)15-01-2013 @ 14:40 
» Repboards (Go to post)09-11-2012 @ 15:31 
Hixxy is training with Repboards now.

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Hixxys-Training-Log-Seaso...

Also Repboards have come down in price too, www.repboards.com
» Repboards (Go to post)16-09-2012 @ 10:07 
Hi dr_hazbun,

Repboards have velcro on the strap, and on the bottom of the baseboard.

I used to use wooden boards, and use resistence bands to hold the boards in place. It worked, but was just awkward getting the boards in the right place when setting myself ready for a lift, and moving the bands so they were comfortable and not covering the area of the boards I wanted to bar to come down to. Doing this for each set was a pain.

Repboards just make it so much easier. I currently have one training partner. We share one repboard strap. So all I have to do between sets is click the strap in place, get myself set on the bench, and attach the board(s) in the best position for me. The velcro on the base board covers the whole surface area of the board, meaning you can locate it onto the strap in the best position for you.

We are getting really good feedback, they have been advertised in Muscle & fitness, https://www.repboards.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1823

and a 2 page review is coming out in Men's Fitness November issue in USA, which will mean it should be in the UK edition a few months later.

Making your own wooden boards is cheaper, and we can't compete with that, but repboards are easy to use, comfortable, lightweight, and tough.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
» Repboards (Go to post)08-09-2012 @ 17:11 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdwebL-7LM&feature=share
» Repboards (Go to post)13-04-2012 @ 21:44 
Wardy22 said:I've got a set they are great easy to put together light and durable only problem I'm having is getting the straps tight. I tighten them around my chest/back and they come loose which is annoying..?

Hi Wardy, Thanks for the feedback. Haven't heard of the adjustable strap coming loose before, must be a faulty one. I'll private message you.
» Myprotein latest news, new product releases and money saving offers! (Go to post)28-03-2012 @ 16:09 
Do you do any loctose free protein powder, or is there no such thing?
» Food Alergies (Go to post)28-03-2012 @ 16:07 
Thing said:Right Lads i have finally had the Food allergy test done by Yoke Laboratories
and my results have stated that i have an intolerance to Egg Whites and Yeast and a slight intolerance to Egg yolk and Mushrooms, everything else is a green light even Pineapples which i normally have a reaction too.

so I'll have to eliminate all egg products and anything that has yeast in it. i was surprised how much eggs is used in products and yeast. so looks like sandwiches are out.
anyone suggest a bread that is yeast free?

How much did you pay for the test?

Can't you get this test done by your local gp?

I think I might be lactose intolerent, so am trying to go without milk products for a while just to see how I feel, be good to have a test though to be sure.
» BDFPA Briish UnEquipped Championships in Glasgow (Go to post)20-03-2012 @ 13:12 
SOLD
» Repboards (Go to post)20-03-2012 @ 11:52 
Post Edited: 20.03.2012 @ 15:07 PM by Repboards
paul_richards said:I have been suffering from sore shoulders for the past 3-4 months and am thinking board presses are the way forward without stopping bench.

1. whats the difference between the standard and the pro boards ?
2. Does the thickness given include the foam ?, ie, I would like to know the actual thickness when the bar has been lowered.

The compression strength in the standard repboards isn't as good as the pro boards. The maximum recommended weight to be used on the standards is 140kg, where as the pro boards have been tested with upto 240kg, with very little compression, and could handle more weight.

I only have 1 set of standard repboards in stock, and do not plan on getting more stock in, as the pro boards have been very popular.

I see from your profile that your bench is 107.5kg, with 1 board you will find you can handle more than this, perhaps upto 115-120kg for 1 rep. So a better option may be to go for the pro boards. Also if you only require repboards to prevent pain in the shoulder(s) then you would not need 3/4 boards, so maybe just go for the 1 pro board or 2 pro board set.

The thickness of the boards includes the foam. The thickness lost from the barbell pressing against the pro boards is minimal, only a couple of millimetres. However some people let the barbell rest completely on the boards between reps, in which case the thickness lost could be approximately 0.5 - 1cm.
» BDFPA Briish UnEquipped Championships in Glasgow (Go to post)20-03-2012 @ 11:42 
Hi,

I have booked 3 nights in premier Inn in Glasgow centre for comp (6th, 7th,8th April).

Unfortunately I will no longer be attending as I am unable to train squats and deadlifts due to lower back pain.

Premier In won't let me have a refund, so If anybody is interested in buying the room of me, then let me know. it is a room for 2 adults 2 children, as I planned to take the family with me.

if you want more details let me know.
» Repboards (Go to post)01-03-2012 @ 16:35 
For those not familiar with board pressing, and the benefits, I will put together a list of articles that discuss it, here are a couple to begin with:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/strengthtraining/a/partial_...

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Art...

The article above mentions using power racks as a means of doing partial training, rather than boards. Board pressing is different to training in the power rack, as when using board your muscles are under tension throughout the whole set, whereas when training of pins in the power rack, the muscles are unloaded at the bottom portion of the lift when the barbell makes contact with the pins.

You are here: HomeForumRepboards → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions