REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 88 guests
You are here: HomeForumJeffers → View All Posts

View All Posts: Jeffers

» K2 Strongest man 2014 (Go to post)03-09-2013 @ 19:17 
Can you put me down for the novices please.
Sam Jeffreys
» south wales first timers strongman challenge... (Go to post)10-06-2013 @ 21:22 
Put me down aswell please.
Sam Jeffreys
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)06-05-2013 @ 14:32 
Can you stick me down for an Xl t-shirt and my achievements today are none. Hae competed in a few powerlifting comps but nothing spectacular.
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)01-05-2013 @ 21:49 
Can i also pay by paypal then?
Put Sam Jeffreys down for the novices then please.
» Wales Most Powerful Man 2013 (Go to post)29-04-2013 @ 20:55 
Is there any more space left in the novice. Can get a cheque in the post asap if there is.
» is work realy worth it? (Go to post)09-01-2013 @ 19:59 
JohnGym said:
Just f**k it off mate. Don't go back if it makes you that unhappy.
Whats stopping you?

At the moment it is covering the bills and debt built up from university. Keeping a roof over mine and my gf's heads.
» is work realy worth it? (Go to post)09-01-2013 @ 19:40 
After graduating university i went back to the same job i did, and enjoyed, before going to uni and have progressed as far up the career ladder as i could in the search for more money to cover outgoings.
In doing so i have gone from enjoying the daily work to counting hours, working 60+ hour weeks to cover outgoings and debt, dealing with an inept boss who is just biding his time until retirement and does less than nothing while ensuring i am up to my neck with work and responsibilities.
I am now on antidepressants, battling suicidal thoughts, and struggling to get up every morning because when i do it means i have to go to work.

Some, including me at times, may think this is over the top and blowing things out of proportion but this is my version of living to work.
» Snoring (Go to post)25-12-2012 @ 20:09 
I snore something cronic.
Have had sleep studies done just incase i have apnea which luckily i didnt however they are still going ahead with surgery on the soft pallet in the throat to try and reduce the snoring and to reduce the episodes of stopping breathing.
Surgery should be in the next month so hoping after that my sleep with improve greatly.
» Rotor Chuff (Go to post)06-12-2012 @ 13:47 
As said by others, resistance bands have been gold, use them for retractions, dislocations, facepulls, internal/external rotations etc.
Ice, Heat and i have been using a TENS unit also which i have found has helped a lot, as has leaning on a hockey ball and rolling it over the entire shoulder, pec and upper back area.

I posted some links in in a post a little while back.
My post
» Shoulder niggle (Go to post)13-11-2012 @ 21:27 
Post Edited: 13.11.2012 @ 21:30 PM by Jeffers
Ive had major shoulder problems that i have put down to my rotators.
Warm up is a must. I spend a good 20 mins warming them up now before all upper body work, and a little rotation work before squatting.
Resistance bands have helped hugely. Use them for internal/external rotations, retractions, dislocations, pullaparts, face pulls, laterals.

Also follow some of the Diesel crew warmup as mentioned in a post before. YWTL or something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCp-YynBEvE

Defranco also has some shoulder tips, i have found the 'Handcuffs' especially helpful, coupled with seated db cleans and prone cleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lnqtibxboo
Have also found adding in rear delt work at the end of back day aswell as pressing helps address any imbalance i have between front and back.

Apologies for the long post.

(Not sure i have embedded the youtube videos properly.)
» jaw size (Go to post)13-11-2012 @ 21:18 
MattD90 said:l

jaws from james bond had it

though his metal teeth came from creatine abuse

That comment right there just made me spit my drink out all over my laptop. Class
» Right Arm Not Firing? (Go to post)08-11-2012 @ 12:00 
Hi all.
Have had a weird experience in the gym yesterday and today.
Yesterday i trained chest and my right arm was especially week compared to my left, i am right handed. I just put it down to tiredness and lack of training over the last few weeks however this morning i noticed the same.
I trained arms and my right tricep was much much weaker. Almost as if it wasnt firing fully, if that's even possible.
I cannot even tense it as if posing, cannot contract it. There is no pain and is not numb or have any other odd feelings except weak.
Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
» Looking for novice comp (Go to post)18-10-2012 @ 21:14 
Where in South Wales you based?
Im from Porthcawl, train in Pyle and occasionally Peak Physique in Cardiff.
There is usually (last 2 years) a novice comp together with the wales u105s in february/march time.
Comp is usually organised by Rob Bush/Ross Stone and last year was with Gibby Nutrition and Celtic Carnage.
I know its a few months off but plenty of time to train and get ready.
» Wales Strongest Man 2012 (Go to post)14-07-2012 @ 19:00 
Well done to everyone who competed. Was a great day out. Congrats to Simon.
» Swindon's Strongest Man, Novice and Inter 2012 @ Pro Strength and Fitness (Go to post)28-06-2012 @ 08:17 
I'm going to have to pull out due to work commitments. Sam Jeffreys

You are here: HomeForumJeffers → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions