REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 92 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumhenry800 → View All Posts

View All Posts: henry800

» Slingshot (Go to post)05-12-2013 @ 17:05 
The UK site has free UK shipping on orders over 50 at the mo.
» Sugden Sprint Showdown! (Go to post)28-08-2012 @ 13:49 
JohnGym said:
It's just anonymous banter on an Internet forum mate.
Without 'tone', it can be interpreted in many different ways. Perhaps I should have used some 'smileys' to indicate the post was a jovial retort not intended to cause offence. Too late for that though now.
Move on... Happy

Newbies beware...

» Squat suit for a Raw lifter? (Go to post)10-08-2012 @ 17:51 
martin said:
Titan.
Seriously, save some cash and get some single ply titan briefs. This will give you the most carryover back into your raw squat and is much cheaper. And it's much easier to learn.
A suit isn't easier to get on either tbh and I've used them alot. Even in training I very, very rarely wore a suit, just briefs. And that's for equipped lifting.

Cheers Martin,

That sounds like good advice, I appreciate you using your experience to help me out. Only reason I was looking for a suit over briefs was the ease of getting them on, but as I'm a complete virgin when it comes to gear I will bow to your expertise.
» Squat suit for a Raw lifter? (Go to post)10-08-2012 @ 13:38 
Thanks guys, Titan Centurian it is. Just to let everyone know, thanks for the advice...even if I am ignoring most of it!
» Squat suit for a Raw lifter? (Go to post)10-08-2012 @ 11:45 
Thanks for the input guys but I'm really looking for someone with equipped experience to give me a brand/model of suit to get. Power pants/briefs are fine but I've been advised that a suit is easier to get on by using the straps. I'd only be using it over the hip and not with the straps over the shoulder.

Cheers
» Squat suit for a Raw lifter? (Go to post)09-08-2012 @ 10:53 
Just after some advice. I'm going to add some assisted squatting to my program for overload, does anyone know which squat suit would be best for this? Just need an entry level, single ply that's suitable for a mid-width stance squatter.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
» IPF Classic 2012 Stream (Go to post)13-06-2012 @ 20:15 
Some incredible lifting over the last 2 days. Arguably more impressive than any equipped comp, great to see guys trotting out to the stage and just getting on with lifting rather than faffing about backstage having people wrap, stuff and squeeze them into gear and then them waddling out! Shame there aren't more people following it on here. Future of the sport?
» Repboards (Go to post)16-02-2012 @ 17:37 
Used Rep Boards in my training, helped take me to a 200kg paused bench (lifetime drug-free) at 99kg bodyweight. much easier to use than the old wooden style ones.
» Strength Map of the UK (Go to post)08-07-2011 @ 14:18 
Reach Fitness
Sandford Lido
Keynsham Road
Cheltenham
GL53 7PU

Powerlifting friendly, lots of racks and an outdoor lockup with sleds, logs, kettlebells etc.
» board pressing (Go to post)06-07-2011 @ 19:22 
I personally don't think you need to go above 2 boards if your training for a raw bench. And then it's only if your sticking point is very high (which mine is). Stuff off the chest should be your bread and butter but as you get stronger then alternating heavy days between paused work off the chest and 2 board press can give your shoulders and nervous system a bit more time to recover.

I must reiterate that if your sticking point is anywhere near your chest then stay away from the boards! For every 10 guys that I train 9 of them smash their pb without going near any board work.
» Myprotein price increase (Go to post)14-05-2011 @ 10:35 
My gym has used Myprotein over 100 times for myself and others and never had a problem.
» First log, learning the basics (Go to post)14-02-2011 @ 19:36 
Just a couple of tips for you from someone who's been training people for 10 years.

I would drop the behind the neck presses. Very few people can do them long term without developing neck/shoulder problems. You might get some guys with a large acromial space who can do them heavy for years without problems, but they're in the minority. Just trust me on this, it's a risk you don't need.

The second tip is that you need lots of quality in your training. What I mean by this is that any low rep sets (below 6) shouldn't really have any 'grinders' in them, or at the worst one grinder at the end of a set. If your rep speed slows down appreciably then end the set. This way you'll be training your nervous system and technique to be as good as possible. Too many beginners do too many slow ugly reps which teaches their bodies to go to bad form when the pressure is on. Slower reps and a few 'grinders' on higher rep ranges (10+) aren't so much a problem because there is less involvelment of the nervous system and form can be kept a bit tighter.

I'm lifetime drug free and this advice is aimed at the drug free trainee, which I'm assuming you are. Drugged and drug free training methodologies are completely different, it's important to remember that.

Good luck!
You are here: HomeForumhenry800 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto