REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 178 guests
You are here: HomeForumProjectGoliath → View All Posts

View All Posts: ProjectGoliath

» Injury survey for strongmen/powerlifters... (Go to post)05-03-2012 @ 16:12 
Post Edited: 05.03.2012 @ 16:16 PM by ProjectGoliath
The response rate has been overwhelming! The survey is going to be open until mid week (and the submission date is early next week) so if there is anyone who would still like to contribute it would be really very much appreciated!

If there are any questions either pop them up on here or inbox me and i'll be happy to help as much as i can.

thanks again!

Emil
» Injury survey for strongmen/powerlifters... (Go to post)04-03-2012 @ 20:34 
Post Edited: 04.03.2012 @ 20:38 PM by ProjectGoliath
http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=46b931d5-0392-430c-b...

Hey all, my name's Emil and I compete at strongman. I'm also a doctor in South Wales and a few colleagues and myself have decided to look into different types of training and the injuries associated with them. We are comparing mma, crossfit, general gym going, powerlifting/strongman etc to see what injuries occur more commonly and in what circumstances.

As you all know, the general doctor is quite poor at diagnosing and treating gym injuries and we as ppl who lift weights and get injured either end up going private or waiting for months for scans etc. This is made worse by lack of research in the area. Now im not suggesting this survey will change the world but it's going to be submitted to an orthopedic conference this year so it's a start.

Its totally anonymous and its only 12 questions. The longest bit is regarding which injuries you've had and what body part was affected. There is also a question at the end regarding PEDs, its not compulsory but will help us. I don't need huge numbers so every person responding will be really helpful. Please respond even if you have not suffered injuries as that is still data and the survey will be even quicker...

Cheers guys and i'll keep you updated with what comes of it.

http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=46b931d5-0392-430c-b...
» More things for sale (Go to post)14-10-2011 @ 17:25 
where you based? if its an hour distance then i'll come pick up if you can't post.... im in south wales.
» 180 full zercher lift (Go to post)09-10-2011 @ 00:53 

Lol, tried them just the other day... practicing as i kind of want to have a go at the the cricceth stone (see link) when si johnston and a few others go down on st davids day. I figured the best way would be to get low as f**k and scoop it up.... back is rounded as hell by thats kind of how you lift stones? felt strong anywho.... 170kg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-15113662
» Welsh Qualifier for Arnold's Amateur (Go to post)04-09-2011 @ 11:06 
hullo, i'm out of anything until next season now but looking forward to more welsh comps next year.
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)04-09-2011 @ 10:59 
brownbear said:
You have to be kidding me. That pile of s**t link you put in claims 1.4g protein/kg bodyweight is enough. Bodybuilders are the experts in building muscle, find me one who eats that little protein a day.
You don't need a peer reviewed study to tell you that ingesting more protein will help you gain
Muscle when combined with training.

hullo, as writer of that article i just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in. The point of that article was to dispel the myth that protein makes you massive. I obviously went extreme and suggested the absolute minimum. There are lots of variables and steroids are definitely one of them and could possibly increase you protein requirements but talking as a natural athlete i have found that calories are king and that a 6000calorie diet makes me big without paying attention to protein intake (though as you can guess with that many calories the protein intake is probably reasonably high). As some one else mentioned there is only 'x' amount of muscle breakdown so as long as you have 'y' amount of protein the rest can be what ever you want. I'm not slamming protein or trying to promote low protein diets and i know its important i'm just saying that it's not the be all and end all and frankly whey protein as a supplement is pointless for bulking (though has a place in cutting when calories are limited but protein requirements are similar).

The argument that body builders take loads of protein and are massive is not better then a peer reviewed article. They could be just as big by taking less and also they spend half their life cutting and in that case protein has its uses.

Any way, everyone has a different way of doing things and this one suits me. As someone who used to work in a local gym i'd had enough of ppl asking all this crap about protein and fussing about how much and what type they should buy or take when they were 11 stone soaking wet and all they needed was a couple of pints of whole milk (see how i linked it back to the discussion Happy ) and a couple of weeks of 20 rep squats.
» Oly weightlifting 2012 tickets (Go to post)29-06-2011 @ 09:26 
I'll be at the weightlifting as a volunteer! Well hopefully, had the interview and awaiting a response... may see you all there.
» Looking for size 12/13 climbing shoes (Go to post)30-05-2011 @ 09:47 
Where did you find about the final events? I tried the forum and the facebook groups but i think i must have just missed it? Cheers.
» Looking for size 12/13 climbing shoes (Go to post)29-05-2011 @ 18:59 
Still only 12 in the opens.... Can't really see if it says one way or another... I'll have a proper look when I get onto a proper computer. May be worth getting some anyway for future use. Still trying to track down a keg to try throwing it around. All good.
» Looking for size 12/13 climbing shoes (Go to post)29-05-2011 @ 16:57 
Oh, I don't know. I've not been keeping up. Is it all on the forum?
» Looking for size 12/13 climbing shoes (Go to post)29-05-2011 @ 16:17 
Got a comp coming up in 2 weeks and there's a truck pull in it. Pretty skint at the mo as I'm coming to the end of uni so looking to spend between 10-30 quid...

I checked eBay but there's nothing on there, any one know of anywhere or have any old ones they wanna get rid of. Condition isn't too much of an issue as they only need to survive one event.

Cheers all.

Emil
» Iphone 5 (Go to post)12-04-2011 @ 20:27 
s**t, i qualify then (at last some money)... couldnt be more perfect timing.... i'm a bit of a fanboy tho Roll-Eyes
» new bands to listen to? (Go to post)09-04-2011 @ 15:49 
MrSmall said:What do you mean "even" the old stuff like Judas priest? Blasphemy.

Lol, thats the only stuff i listen to but reading the rest of the thread it doesnt seem like the type of thing the OP is looking for so i'm saying even consider some older school stuff which is amazing.

^ Listen to that with enough volume and that'll put 10% on your 1RM.
» new bands to listen to? (Go to post)09-04-2011 @ 15:40 
Post Edited: 09.04.2011 @ 15:42 PM by ProjectGoliath
If you like heavy metal can i suggest manowar.

They are cheesy as hell but it's like you're lifting in valhalla.

Other then that Rammstein but i'm sure they are quite standard.

But yes, heavy metal rocks.... even the old school stuff like judas priest.
» What is banned for natural guys??? (Go to post)02-04-2011 @ 09:31 
Post Edited: 02.04.2011 @ 09:32 AM by ProjectGoliath
double post.

You are here: HomeForumProjectGoliath → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions