REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 33 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumJC → View All Posts

View All Posts: JC

12345678910 ... ... 24462447244824492450245124522453245424552456

» Marko Clegganovski (Go to post)01-11-2014 @ 14:55 
MarkClegg said:
Well thank you James
I'm quite partial to watching you sprint with 350kg on your back tbh yet struggling to walk unladen :-)
I'm sure we'll be competing together again soon enough - Northern UK Quals ?

I'm not sure what I'm doing next year (ie. if I can be arsed to compete)

The rumoured events of squat, DL & log do sound appealing though...
» Marko Clegganovski (Go to post)01-11-2014 @ 11:49 
Love watching you pull...perfection
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 21:32 
BrandonMcdonald said:Would you say the lack of expourse is starting strongmans fault or the promoter of the shoe and athlete for not getting that info out there. i post a like to the USA comp results that lists hundreds of completed shows, show me any datavade with half those results? You can't, so people use the best information they can't find and make a accurate estimate on ranking. i see you bash these rankings as wildly inaccurate based on the 105kg class and a few open spots. I've talked to over a dozen guys off and on the list. non seem to have a issue with. in fact it had some of tge guys wanting to compete against the best!! JC have a pint mate cheers Happy

Results are all over the internet if you look Brandon

I suspect those compiling just didn't give that much of a f**k beyond the US

You've talked to the Eastern Europeans who beat Sean have you? And Valdas who has beat Harri and Aukland!? I don't f**king think so!

So who have you talked to on and off the list (I'm sure if you've talked to Harri, being the humble guys he is, he may suggest that Paavo Paso for instance, may be in a similar position ranking wise as him?)

I have no problem with the rakings, lets just label them something more appropriate hey
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:52 
LessThanLuke said:
Suggest someone then, it was created to spark debate and get people interested. Which it is doing, it hasn't claimed to be totally accurate.

I'm don't often quiz people on their weight cat knowledge

its just apparent that 105 knowledge of results was lacking in formulating this list
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:46 
LessThanLuke said:
It can only get accurate mate if info like this is given in and amended. It's not purposely bias its just hard to find info about comp results!

Surely if your making a rakings for a certain division, you would consult someone who knows a bit about aforementioned division
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:44 
Post Edited: 31.10.2014 @ 20:44 PM by JC
LessThanLuke said:
LOL. It's just a start, if someone has someone better for the list, send them to starting strongman and get it updated. I don't think its ridiculous at all, its trying to get the lightweight class guys name out there, spark some debate and actually help the sport grow, which no one in the UK seems interested in tbh.
You could help and say which 2 Americans had their asses handed to them by which Brit see Happy

I didn't say that, I said only 4 of the 10 have competed internationally

Of the 4, two (Harri and Aukland) got beat by Valdas (although he cant DL 320+ so would probably get raped at US pro nationals!)

Sean got beat by 4 Europeans (+Ben) at worlds, yet is ranked 2nd

Therefore bullshist. Lets at least have a degree of accuracy
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:39 
Arnolds 105 qualifier 8th December?
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:36 
LessThanLuke said:
I said it was my opinion. Stop being all butthurt without actually providing anything better.
Lee is a better strongman than Mark imo so I have no problem with that. He beat him comfortably at Englands and only injury stopped him winning BSM.

Butthurt? Meaning what! Its a bulls**t raking system, I'm just saying it how it is.

Instead of unofficial rankings should we call it "Luke and his US cronies IMO Unofficial Rankings"

I cant provide anything better as only 4 of the "top 10" ranked athletes have competed internationally...

Of those 4, 2 had there ass handed too them buy a Brit (not on the list) at Finnish worlds and one had his arse handed to him by 3 eastern Europeans also not on the list!

please tell me you see the ridiculousness of that!?
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:20 
LessThanLuke said:

To clarify prefer much the whole top 10 at US Nats has a 150-160+ overhead/320+ deadlift.

Yeah, we normally rate SM on how much they can press/DL...f**k everything else!
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 20:17 
Post Edited: 31.10.2014 @ 20:18 PM by JC
LessThanLuke said:
Who would you have above them? I think US pro nationals is a higher standard than most international comp results I have seen at 105. Just my opinion of course.
To clarify prefer much the whole top 10 at US Nats has a 150-160+ overhead/320+ deadlift.

Well if you, Sean and the American who complied the list "think" that US pro nationals are of a higher standard that internationals, then they must be!

Who's higher? I couldn't possibly say, as they haven't competed against each other!

Valdas is the best Brit outside of Ben, I'd bet my bottom dollar the guy who compiled the list doesn't even know who the f**k Valdas is!

The Russian is above is possible the "strongest" 105 in the world

Aukland won Euros, but didn't make the 2nd day of Worlds in Finland

Mark Topham is BSM but ranked below Lee

There is no reasoning whatsoever to the rankings. Its a bit like me not watching any other team but England, so therefore professing England as the best team in the world

If we're going to do stuff like this, lets at least apply a half decent methodology
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 19:44 
Sean_Demarinis said:
I actually tied for 5th. The score was messed up and later on corrected...
Until there is a REAL 105k worlds we will never know the true standings. Ukraine does have some great athletes but its very unfair that they are allowed to host the contest for obvious reasons. In fact, there is a 105k worlds happening on December 6th in Norway but no one from last years worlds is going. They are not paying for any of the athletes expenses therefore the BEST will not be there.
One thing i will agree with is that Ben Kelsey is the best 105er i've seen yet. Id love to go against him again sometime.
For the record, i do believe my gym numbers are amongst, if not the highest by any 105 athlete! I hope to one day put them to the test against the best 105 athletes when it counts!
here is my youtube channel for some footage of my best lifts/comps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJmjghXV3UxFxXnuwpuiow

Sean, it wasnt a pop at you, I just used your name to highlight a point

The ridiculousness of those rankings is shown by the fact that, as fas as Im aware, 4-5 of the guys on the list have never competed in an international comp, yet are ranked internationally

If we're going to have an unofficial rankings, lets make it at least someway accurate....
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 15:07 
BrandonMcdonald said:
At that Time Sean was 2nd in the usa our best 105kg at the time wasn't there, in the 18 months since then Sean has Won Americas strongest man u105kg, as well as won his HW(open) Pro Card. Strongman is a very fluid sport, and given the events on that day it's hard to say. Like i said they aren't permanent and will change going forward as more shows will factor in.

Thats great, but theyre national comps and youre saying its international rankings

Looks like its written by a yank whos just looked at englands and euros results to give it an "international" title
» Strongman Rankings( u80kg, u90, u105, hw & womens) (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 14:57 
I have to lol at the 105 rankings

The worlds Ben won, the best yank Sean was 8th, yet hes ranked 2nd!!!!!?
» The Arnold's 2015 Britain's Qual U80kg, U90kg Men, U63kg, U75 Opens Birds (Go to post)31-10-2014 @ 12:14 
If 105 gets confirmed, with same events as 90s......Im back...
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)30-10-2014 @ 21:31 
Thanks guys

Tonight

Suited DL
300kg x 1
315kg x 1

16" DL
315kg x 1

Log Strict
125kg x 3

Bench
140kg x 5
160kg x 5

12345678910 ... ... 24462447244824492450245124522453245424552456

You are here: HomeForumJC → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto