REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 90 guests
You are here: HomeForumBobSadler → View All Posts

View All Posts: BobSadler

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)17-04-2014 @ 13:37 
You are right about the confidence thing Pete. 247.5 at the contest flew and now you are making short work of 230 triples. I suspect there is still a 270 there if you can get your head into it.You are right about the confidence thing Pete. 247.5 at the contest flew and now you are making short work of 230 triples. I suspect there is still a 270 there if you can get your head into it.

Definitely!!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)26-03-2014 @ 17:41 
I'm liking the look of this new routine! Some radical changes for a creature of habit.For what it's worth I think you are on the right track.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)26-03-2014 @ 17:41 
I'm liking the look of this new routine! Some radical changes for a creature of habit.For what it's worth I think you are on the right track.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)17-03-2014 @ 14:42 
Pete,

Deadlift less and Bench more! How you do that is down to you and Joe.

Our old lower backs can't take the rollicking like they used to and the boys Giles & Flett are right on the money when it comes to increasing your bench we need far more volume.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)29-04-2013 @ 21:31 
Well Pete I believe Mr Fairclough is looking down from heaven with a bloody great big smile on his face. He would be extremely proud of your achievement.

It was an absolute joy to finally compete against you and even better to spend quality time shooting the breeze with you, Joe B and young Aaron.

Enjoy your victory, you deserve it.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 13:31 
Game on!!
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 06:39 
Repugnant! WTF is this world coming to?
» A Hebridean Diary (Go to post)06-02-2012 @ 16:31 
Happy birthday Martin. Looking forward to catching up with you at the British bench this weekend.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)07-01-2012 @ 11:31 
Post Edited: 08.01.2012 @ 13:09 PM by BobSadler
Pete, Here are my thoughts on your shoulder conundrum:

Most of us big guys are externally rotated (round shouldered) because we all prefer to push (read bench) rather than row - look at your training log! Barely any mention of a heavy barbell or dumbbell rows. Check out the work of Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson, they've rehabbed a few shoulders in there time.

It's my belief that for every set of bench you need a set of rows and you you need to keep up the rehab work for those shoulders as I'm sure Mr. C has drilled into you

When my shoulders were completely f**ked up I did declines instead of benching which allowed me to use heavy weights without any pain. I was able to return to full range benching in about 4 months.

To keep my shoulders in good order I do all the boring flexibility work and probably 90% percent of my bench training revolves around boards. The reduced range of motion seems to keep the old shoulders in good order.

Pete,Martin F really knows his way around the shirts,listen to the man! The rage x is much more forgiving than the katana. The sweet spot in the katana is very,very precise and I think you've really got to earn the right to use one. For example,my best bench in a rage x is 190 and I'm still not ready for a katana as proven by effort at the commonwealths.

Right then Pete,lecture over, get on with the rehab process and buy yourself a rage X.

In the meantime I'm going to learn how to touch in a super katana and look forward to doing battle with you at this years masters.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)25-12-2011 @ 14:36 
Happy Christmas dear fiend!

Don't you even consider taking a year off from competition and stop thinking so dammed hard. You know as much as any Canadian champion; you've just got a spot of paralysis by analysis.You're the British champion and a dammed good one!

Get your head where it needs to be and start lifting seriously Pete because I know a bloke who really wants your British Masters 2 title!
» Deadlift advice (Go to post)03-12-2011 @ 09:07 
Snatch grip deadlifts (beats sliding around on Olympic plates) or
rack squats (Anderson squats)starting with bar in line with the xiphoid process.
» Rugby match (Go to post)03-12-2011 @ 08:05 
Go for it Dai! You'll be blowing out your arse after 10 minutes but have faith, that second wind will kick in and you'll love it.

Powerlifting is great but rugby will always be my real passion!Must be a Welsh thing.
» All in One Proteins! Which one is best? (Go to post)08-11-2011 @ 06:28 
Interested to here your thoughts? Omnimax hardcore is all the rage in my gym but its very expensive.
» Basic is Best (Go to post)05-11-2011 @ 13:57 
"255x2pb" - Phucking excellent effort
» Age and Training (Go to post)11-10-2011 @ 23:11 
First lifted a barbell above my head in 1975 at the ripe old age of 13 and haven't stopped since so that's an awful lot of training under the bridge.

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

You are here: HomeForumBobSadler → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions