REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 223 guests
You are here: HomeForumdavycummings → View All Posts

View All Posts: davycummings

12345678910 ... ... 391392393394395396397398399400401

» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:35 
Thing said:Davy what you did will hopefully give them a broader range of sports than the usual up here
Football hockey netball

Couldn't agree more mate, thats why I was so keen to do it. Its great to introduce them to something new and good PR for the club as well.

Some were asking if there is coaching available and how old then need to be etc. I was amazed just how popular it was, so gonna look in to what can be done.

Watch out for all my little weightlifting converts coming through in the next decade Grin
» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:30 
buzz said:Max log? Grin

Sounds awesome man. I've no advice to give, but it's great that it was so popular.

I actually thought about making things like a log out of plastic pipe for them to try Brian Happy

If I am gonna be doing it more often I will try and make up some light versions of Strongman kit that would be kid friendly
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:28 
Looks like a good session mate.

Will try and work out tomorrow how I am fixed for training on sat, but after about 300 c&js and 200 snatches over the last 2 days I am sick of oly stuff Grin
» abit of axle training (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:21 
Ok so the clean was a but ungainly, but its still a good effort. The overhead looked quite powerful.

I would take 140x2 happily
» Alistar 'Sasquatch' Inglis 355 kg Squat, 300 kg deadlift (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:19 
robocop said:
why does it say in your avitar your 61k?

And why does if sound from your PL totals like you would need help to carry your shopping?
» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 21:16 
I have spent the last 2 days doing introductary weightlifting sessions with primary school kids, which has been great fun and some of them were really good.

I introduced them to clean and jerk and snatch as the Commonwealth games are on and its a good chance for them to try it and then go home and see it. Some of them even managed full snatch with pretty good technique.

Anyway, the kids absolutely loved it and kept wanting to do more and my sessions always ran over and ended up with extra people, so some of the schools have asked me if I would do and so some sessions at the schools during health week projects they are running.

I am happy to do it but dont want to just repeat the same thing. Has anyone done anything similar with young kids, or have any ideas? I want to keep it based on actual lifts. Thought about maybe doing the powerlifting lifts with them next, as truck pull and stones is probably not an option Unhappy

Would welcome any thoughts, it has been great to give them a positive view of weights given how hard the media works to slate it and I want to keep up the momentum
» DB pressing with weaker arm (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 17:34 
I am not great at leg drive on any overhead so it probably is part of the problem. Think its mostly in my head though, I just cant seem to figure the movement.

If I do both hands together my left is fine, just doesn't play ball on its own
» Benefits..... (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 17:31 
Col_Austin said:
Pompy said:
End any child related benefits for everyone. If you have a child f**king pay for him/her end of story.
I've got a child, I work and pay for her. We get 7£ a week from the government, but whats the point.

Stop claiming it then.

Kinda agree on that.

I have a 2 year old who lives part time with me and part time with her mum. Despite me haivng her about half the time her mum gets the child benefit, she gets working tax credits to support her income because she works, even though she would be just as well of financially if she didn't. I also pay maintenence. I would be glad of the extra £7 a week (or whatever it is) to be honest because I have to pay for everything she does without any of the help.

Its bloody hard to pay for a kid on your own without any help. When we were together we could have passed a test on being able to support a child, but things dont always pan out as you think. The current system does not work at all for split parenting and although I couldn't do it, I can understand why some dads leave them to it, as you get no support at all from anyone.

I think child benefit for the majority of the population is a good thing, but I think if you are a registered alcoholic or drug user they should approach the payments differently.

They should also not give extra to druggies and alcoholics like they do.

The whole system needs carefully looked at from top to bottom, and the emphasis put on supporting people to work at having a better life and doing something meaningful with their day rather than supporting beople to lie around in a pool of their own piss out of their face on smack

Sorry, felt like a rant. Training should be good tonight Happy
» Unit 20 Classic - 12th March (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 17:07 
I just want to beat Neil on a couple of events Grin

See you for deadlifts tonight mate
» Benefits..... (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 13:51 
thosebananas said:
A national cull would be far better!

I did just say it would be a start Happy

Those wasters laying around all day contributing nothing really piss me off. They have more spare money to spend than I do despite working more than one job.

I have no issue with benefits for those with genuine disabilities, or who have recently lost their job through no fault of their own and are actively seeking a new one.

I think the others should have to contribute something for their money. The streets etc are a mess, give them an orange boilersuit and a black bag and send them out to clean the streets for their benefits if thy are not making any serious attempts at getting employment.

At least then those of us that pay our taxes could feel better about the state of the place we live
» Benefits..... (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 13:30 
goodwinm said:Just listening to the radio and the subject of course is benefits.

What are your thoughts then?

Should we scrap Child Benefit completely?
Should we give Child Benefit in vouchers (That can only be used for Clothes, Food etc)
Should we do this for all Tax Credits too with the voucher idea?

I dont have an issue with child benefit, but can see merit in a voucher scheme. Tax credits are often given to help working families on low incomes, and i think having them as cash makes more sense.

The main issue is not imo how benefits are paid, but the something for nothing culture thy have created in this country that is not in evedence abroad.

I work in schools and we have kids coming through saying I dont need to work, working is for idiots, the government will pay for me, and it really winds me up that they are actually mostly right.

As it stands an unemployed family often have more disposable income than a working one on a low to lower middle income, leaving little incentive for many to go to work and pay their own way.

The system generally needs looking at rather than just how things are paid.

Sterilising all junkies would be a good start
» Real or fake? (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 13:23 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Looks like I'm all alone here Unhappy

All we need now is for Austin to poke his nose in and say this "creature" is my wife... and the thread will be complete.

Maybe what we need to do is compare its potential strength with Jaws and decide who would be stronger
» DB pressing with weaker arm (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 13:18 
I probably should. I have never really trained it, I have done one arm dumbell maybe 5 times ever. The heaviest I have done was 74kg right handed, but although 40kg with left was easy I couln't even begin to figure out how to get 45 off my left shoulder. I will practice it over the winter because I have it in a comp, and would like to even it out enough to get a couple of reps with the left hand if need be
» DB pressing with weaker arm (Go to post)03-10-2010 @ 21:55 
Post Edited: 03.10.2010 @ 21:56 PM by davycummings
I can do almost twice as much with my dominant arm. My left is s**t, and can actually do more when I have a DB in each hand than just in my left. Its wierd but I cant seem to figure out how to do it on its own.

So the difference just now is about 40kg
» Unit 20 Classic - 12th March (Go to post)03-10-2010 @ 20:14 
I didn't miss it.

Looking good. Doesn't look like there is much wrong with the hamstring now Ken.

12345678910 ... ... 391392393394395396397398399400401

You are here: HomeForumdavycummings → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions