REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 216 guests
You are here: HomeForumdavycummings → View All Posts

View All Posts: davycummings

12345678910 ... ... 391392393394395396397398399400401

» What to replace oats with? (Go to post)10-10-2010 @ 15:31 
I am not worried as such about lower bodyfat, as I think it will help on the mobilty events, although I do notice some drop in static strength on less calories.

My concern is that I feel I am starting to lose muscle mass a little too, and although body shape is not a concern I dont want to lose strength.

It is only over the last year and a half that I started training for strength primarily. Prior to that it was for other sports, or just to be "in shape"

I am aware that the calories for oats can be found in a whole lot of ways, and I could simply just eat more of everything else to compensate.

The reason I asked the original question is to see if anyone had a cheap and easy replacement, given that oats were a cheap and easy food that I used a lot in my diet.
» What to replace oats with? (Go to post)10-10-2010 @ 14:27 
Might try rice flour in shakes, how is it consistency wise?

The benefit of the oats was the fact it was so quick and easy to prepare and eat, so good on the go.

I find I get fed up of most carbs if I eat them too much, other than bloody oats too.

I eat a fair bit of what you have listed, also a lot of cous cous beacuse it is also quick and easy.

Guess I ust need to organise my time better and cook more solid meals

What a change in my life and mindset that the appearance of abs is causing me great concern Confused
» What to replace oats with? (Go to post)10-10-2010 @ 14:02 
Seems just to be oats. I have been eating a lot of wheetabix etc without problems and I dont seem to have any issues with bread, pasta etc either.

It may just be the sheer amout of oats, and that I usually made them with milk, but having cut it out it made a huge difference. Had tried medication for it, and it did nothing, but having stopped oats I dont need the medication at all
» What to replace oats with? (Go to post)10-10-2010 @ 13:41 
It seems I have an intolerance to oats, and they bring on acid reflux. This is not ideal as I had them several times a day.

Having cut them out it has made a massive difference to how I feel, but I have not found anything that is cheap, healthy and versatile like oats to replace it with.

As a result I seem to be in calorie defecit just now, and the bodyfat has gone down a lot, but I am concerned I am now losing muscle mass.

Too much dairy is also not good for me.

Any ideas on what I should put in?
» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)10-10-2010 @ 13:36 
Cheers mate.

I was working an event last night and I had a few people talking to me about it, as they had been told about if from kinds in the family ect. Had staff from more schools asking me about stuff as well. Just need ot convince work to let me incorporate it in to mu job on a more regular basis
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)09-10-2010 @ 17:07 
Yeah, think I have cracked it, replace oats with beef. If only I could afford to do that every day
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)09-10-2010 @ 16:21 
I had another bar on the way down the road then 8 burgers when I got home. Got a joint of roast beef to have before work too, then a couple of steaks as well. Today is a mostly beef day Happy
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)09-10-2010 @ 15:55 
Well, you wont be last on the pressing for sure

Good session today, feeling good after some food.
» Huge C&J, Deadlift and Benches: Arcidi vs. Kazmaier (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 23:35 
Agreed, c&j is not the right term for that. They are not even locked out.

Only decent looking lift is Kaz's deadlift.

That said, I would love to move any of the weights involved even if my tech was s**t and the lift was not passed
» A QUESTION?? (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 22:21 
Pompy said:the deadlift and squat, as if i had them id get loadsa fanny

Not so sure about that mate. I got a lot more when I trained to look in shape compared to now.

I have yet to experience a girl come up and say "I find the fact that you have improved your squat and deadlift at the expense of your looks and conditioning really sexy and I want to sleep with you"

I live in hope though Happy
» Borrow something is not ilegal ! (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 21:59 
Boar said:on a similat note..im hopefully getting an ipad for chrimbo ..can i read my vast library of e-books (PDF) on it ?

i certainly hops so ..

Ipads are a waste of money, you can do far more with a laptop for less money and you can defo read your ebooks on it

Ipad = bottom of my xmas list
» A QUESTION?? (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 21:04 
In the past I would have probably chosed the dream bird, now I think I would would take the squat and deadlift, but can I not be given a decent press as well?
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 18:03 
Alright mate, morning suits for events tomorrow after all. Just give a time that suits you
» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)08-10-2010 @ 17:00 
Cheers mate, much appreciated.

I feel quite strongly about introducing young people to sports other than the high profile ones. I am also big on getting them to understand that lifting weights will help absolutely any sport you do, and I believe when done properly it is good for physical and mental health.

I am the opposite of you, I find getting fired and agressive is the best way to hit PBs, I find a lot of runs of PBs come when the rest of life is going s**t and the gym is a release from that.

The kids were interested in the story behind my sports. I was the little, skinny bullied kid in school who was crap at all the sports stuff. When I started weights I had a 30kg bench and a 50kg deadlift I found karate at about 13, and it made a huge difference to me. I also learned a lot training and competing at that in Japan, where the mentality towards it and sports in general was so different. I also played Lacrosse there and in the States, where I learned a lot about how heaily sport influences popeles lives over there you are involved in it. Much more than here.

I guess I probably have picked up enough about mindsets and appreaches to give them more to think about than the average PE teacher who has never actually competed in anything.

At the end of the day I love training, and love just being in and around the gym and I am delighted to have the chance to introduce kids to it.
» Teaching weightlifting to kids (Go to post)07-10-2010 @ 22:32 
I may look in to that for when I do stuff in the schools as I will have smaller groups and more time with them.

It is not a field I am terribly familiar with though. I know my own approach and that of training partners or team mates when I did other sports.

Would be interested to know how you teach them about that kind of thing

12345678910 ... ... 391392393394395396397398399400401

You are here: HomeForumdavycummings → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions