REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 118 guests
You are here: HomeForumGra_Bul → View All Posts

View All Posts: Gra_Bul

12345678910 ... ... 262263264265266267268269270271272

» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)31-10-2010 @ 19:51 
Ha Im liking the hoodie suggestion, I have a meeting this week with the other organizer he owns the gym and the clothing company so will confirm prices, he is a top bloke and loves the sport so wants it to be a great comp and well promoted and orgaized so think we are in for a treat!
Will update asap with any further details, thanks for the ongoing interest, and for the new guys who have visited the facility.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 19:57 
cool, i'll keep everyone up to date when the time comes will prob offer them when the entry forms are due.
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 16:06 
PAGAN said:
Good post mate!
Also a suggestion ...could the winners of each category on the Novice day not get an invite to the following weeks 'Yorkshire's Strongest Man' comps(s) ? might help clear up some of the 'glory hunting' rumblings and or let the winners then test themselves against seasoned competitors.

Cheers dude, ye thats a top idea, will offer that out no worries.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 13:29 
not a problem buddy wil do.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 13:28 
A novice comp in my opinion is a stage for first time competitors to try their hand at the sport, in a competition style, most of the lads will have had their hands on the equipment before just not competed at any level, its also a chance for people who may have competed before on some level to either enter a higher weight category or to return to the sport after injury or a long break away from training, please dont down somebody for entering a lower class thanwhat is expected, tthey may have their reasons, hopefully not trophy hunting though, the opens are for titles in my opinion which should be for hardened athletes who compete on a regular basis and use strongman as their regular training method, its a small community and most people know who is good enough to be in each category, so hopefully they will enter themselves into the right one, if anyone does have any objections to entrants please pm me and we can discuss.
I hope this clears up my position, im not always right so please feel free to discuss Happy
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 11:37 
I think after reveiwing the order of events a medley will be better in the 105 novice which will be along the lines of 100kg farmers, loading items into sled then sled drag to finish line, will give it some thought and edit events list,
Grin sounds better.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 11:30 
Hi lads, please keep the suggestions coming for any changes or weight adjustments that was the idea of having it up so long in advance, all constructive criticism welcome, as its our first comp we want it to be the first of many, and to make it an enjoyable one for athletes and fans, cheers lads.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 23:40 
All in fellas the list is on a previous page i just keep updating it.
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 22:39 
got your name in, so your good to go, will be setting weights for the car and van deads and pulls in next few weeks so will get them put up asap too.
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 22:06 
I can put your name into the list to reserve a place if you like?
G
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011, Proposed Events List (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 21:43 
Hello again everyone thank you for the wicked response to this event, we will continue compiling the competitors list until xmas, then will accept fees and entries, we will compile the complete list and reserves list if needs be then, and then its onto the comp! I know its way in advance but I wanted to get it on the calendar early as it will be a great event.

On another note we are looking at offering personalized hoodies to competitors at a very discounted price if you would be interested? just trying to make it so everyone knows who everyone is on the day and it can run smoothly plus it will look cool.
Wealso have the backing of the local press for the event and hoping to get on the local news by the sounds of it, so any budding actors get your self prepped up lol
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 21:43 
Hello again everyone thank you for the wicked response to this event, we will continue compiling the competitors list until xmas, then will accept fees and entries, we will compile the complete list and reserves list if needs be then, and then its onto the comp! I know its way in advance but I wanted to get it on the calendar early as it will be a great event.

On another note we are looking at offering personalized hoodies to competitors at a very discounted price if you would be interested? just trying to make it so everyone knows who everyone is on the day and it can run smoothly plus it will look cool.
Wealso have the backing of the local press for the event and hoping to get on the local news by the sounds of it, so any budding actors get your self prepped up lol
» Winter Giants 2010 (Go to post)26-10-2010 @ 19:42 
Cant wait for this comp it looks awesome! im liking the diversity lol
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)26-10-2010 @ 10:33 
MarkClegg said:
Cheating Olympic Lifting bas***ds !!!!!!!
They simply shouldn`t be allowed to compete ! With they`re fancy technique and stylish swagger Wink They should instead just wrap themselves in smelly nylon suits and slap each other about !!

Ha ye damn you with your lift it ''properly'' attitude lol it just goes against the grain of strongman Happy
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)25-10-2010 @ 22:41 
not another one lol I will try to close one of mine and update just one.

12345678910 ... ... 262263264265266267268269270271272

You are here: HomeForumGra_Bul → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions