REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 165 guests
You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts

View All Posts: ayebygum

» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)17-12-2009 @ 08:30 
Thank's for all your support guy's and great to know there are people out there willing to pay hard earned cash to see these guy's.I wanted to make sure the athletes were happy & safe & that the spectators got their money's worth, I think this was achieved.
Currently working on 4+ projects for 2010, that would be in various part's of the country and also ticketed.
My only problem, is promising the "known names" at these event's as often they have International invitations last minute. I will keep you up to date & "Winter Giants 2010" will definately be happening next dec but in a bigger venue.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)14-12-2009 @ 14:29 
working on constructive criticism:
Score/projector screen board on some sorts agreed, it was on my list but budget wouldnt stretch... will do next time though.
Hercules: even in WSM there is adjustments and crit with this event, in theory most guys dont get to 30 secs, (i thought speedy event) i underestimated them...
referee: there will always be someone not happy with the referee but all athletes agree ref's decision is final, all athletes dont start till they have given the ok.
Music - we didnt have music as it was being filmed for dvd, and wanted to limit the editing.
As for the Microphone: the mic was tested the day before, ( and it was crystal clear) if we had the problem it would of been sorted then, i.e speakers amp etc brought in... no - one was able to figure out what/where the problem was, ... If the mic was working we would of had the crowd warmed up, we would of been able to understand the running order and would of known the points... I apologise, ..hope this doesnt come across as defensive, im appreciating the input... especially seeing as we are discussing deadlifting suits again.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)14-12-2009 @ 10:18 
please continue with the comment's guy's, some mistakes were obvious,but NOTHING that couldnt be fixed, (well apart from pleasing Matt Griff).
Everything is being taken on board.. so please carry on, we need to get this right, ...
I new the athlete's would put on a good show, and I new you would get to see what genuinely great fun guy's they all are (regardless of how they apear on tv)....
There was to many peaople involved to thank, .... but my biggest Thank's has to go to the Stewards....all 12 of them, kept everything moving quickly,(were completely on the ball), I would like to be able to book them for future job's with payment.... (and that's not going down the chippendales route)before you do.
thanks a million im going to forward every score sheet to boar for him to maybe try to get on here some where, ... (I know I messed up not having a score board)
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)10-12-2009 @ 10:41 
Everything is pretty much done, anyone thinking of coming without tickets please dont, as we dont have any more seats....
Anyone with tickets please bring them with you so we can check, Door's open at 11:00am, it's tiered seating so everyone will have a good veiw...Limited refreshment's (tuck shop some sandwiches) as it is a sports centre, Supplement's etc bar's, ready to drinks available to purchase.
There will be a questionaire going around for a FREE draw for a signed print, so please give your input...
any questions please Pm me......
other than that I'll see you sunday...thanks for supporting this event.Grin
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 18:06 
"I do find it very difficult to believe that he pushes the same weight without it."
ah pete, I told him you said that tut tut,
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 13:19 
..... I bought him that suit from pullum in 2004 (i think) its a 5xl ( after not getting 4x over his thigh).....took him an hour to try it on for me back then.... (with my help).... bad experience, refused to entertain me again..
Until he started going to adders...? He has only used it a handful of times...Strongman seems to be more reps - so he doesnt wear it then.
so i guess the straps could be shortened, but how do you then get him into it?
not sure who helped at the weekend?... his broad back makes it very difficult if not impossible......And he pushes the same weights without the suit?

So I for one would LOVE to see what he could do with a suit if it makes that much of a difference.
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)08-12-2009 @ 07:55 
so who's gonna tell him his suits not tight enough?? he wont be happyGrin
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)07-12-2009 @ 18:22 
Just my 2p worth, its not about the records......
He didnt have a clue what to expect yesterday, and as mentioned was relieved when Alan told him his lifts...
He has been a member since the beginning of the year this was the only comp that didnt clash with "Strongman" .
For Felix Its not what you lift but the company your in when lifting....
I predict bigger numbers at the adder's pp in Jan, ....
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)06-12-2009 @ 17:56 
Being Felix's first official meet, he wasnt sure what to expect.
Luckily Alan gave him a list this morning of what he was to lift & he did:
squat as mentioned previously, Bench as mentioned & deads 360-380-400, a great day with really good atmosphere, and he is looking forward to oushing it a bit in his next one.
» GBPF North West Powerlifting Championships 2009 (Go to post)04-12-2009 @ 14:23 
Just received "leotard" from strengthshop.co.uk, and it fit's, Felix will definately look like the new boy in his shiny new kit.. hope you guy's will take good care of him, since I cant make it.
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)04-12-2009 @ 10:31 
theworldsstrongestman.com representative will be there selling merchandise, we dont have enough room for them to bring everything. Anything your interested in please email wsmshop@brandedmedia.net would be great if we could show how popular wsm is from a fan's point of veiw.
» Future Strongman competitions: (Go to post)03-12-2009 @ 16:53 
Great opinions on the training day, really constructive,
i just need some figures on ticket prices and how far people would travel to see 1. uk athletes (from the ticket sales to winter Giant's) people are willing to travel a good 3 hours, and pay £10. 2. how far would guy's travel to see International guy's like Zadrunus & Mariusz & what would you be prepared to pay, .... maybe how many hours you would want for your money...
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)03-12-2009 @ 16:45 
.... alas..... Ken has a role at winter Giant's....???, you know what happens when you make kind offers ......lol
» Winter Giants strongman competition (Go to post)03-12-2009 @ 09:12 
Sadly, Andy has had to pull out through injury. Mark Lawson will be replacing Andy. For anyone looking out for some christmas goodies, there will be a number of tables selling goodies.
Strengthshop.co.uk will be selling all things strength/strongman orientated,
Met-rx t shirts and ready to drinks and bars will be available, musclemasssupplements.co.uk will be selling various supplements & Theworldsstrongestman.com have agreed to come along and sell some of their merchandise, your chance to buy clothing as worn by the athletes.
your one stop christmas shop as well as a great competition.
» Future Strongman competitions: (Go to post)02-12-2009 @ 08:51 
Could really do with your input here guy's, there are a number of opoortunities next year off the back of winter giant's, this is your chance to give you oppinion, and have your say. We will have a questionaire at winter giants also to get some feedback, but i need stats...Tongue

You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions