REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 87 guests
You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts

View All Posts: ayebygum

» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)14-01-2010 @ 12:41 
30+ athletes is fine, chasing them up is proving quite difficult.

*anyone who requested an entry form & didnt receive let me know
same goes for paypal invoices for tickets.
* anyone who has yet to return entry form & or fee has till 22nd jan ONLY .
* anyone who has received entry form and changed their mind PLEASE let me know.

Felix tell's me he will be aiming for adders friday afternoon, will accept payment for tickets, and can someone let Fred & Alan know they are on the guest list.
» where can i try a deadlift suit on? (Go to post)11-01-2010 @ 10:24 
not to dissapoint, i really doubt felix's suit is worth the bother, his thighs are 30" and he cut the hem off the bottom to get it over his thighs,
and its not really tight enough for him.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)11-01-2010 @ 09:57 
56" same as giants, one level for stones and sacks... if someone can pst the link from the youtube trailer, you can see exactly.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)10-01-2010 @ 19:20 
tacky on stones is fine, ill try to make sure we have something to return it...found hand prints in all sorts of places after the last one?
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)09-01-2010 @ 13:57 
friendly reminder guys: all athletes receive one free pass, any more need to be paid for in advance, 40 sold via facebook so far, when they are gone they are gone.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)09-01-2010 @ 12:35 
names so far: luke fullbrook, ben france, johnathan ward, bren powers, johnstrange, colin?, simon johnston, martyin jones, mark hill, christian lloyd, paul hodgkinson, sean ohagan, niall jones, dean slter,ross stone, mark kingham,andy cairney, ken nowicki, jack mcintosh, garry gardner, mark westaby, tom shaw, mark lawson, liam?, mick townley, mike woods, wayne smith, lee allen, a couple getting back to me who i wont mention incase they think the field is to strong..lolTongue
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)09-01-2010 @ 09:28 
Carl said:maybe get 3 going at a time where possible (farmers/log)?

thanks.... we have 3 lot's of famers, so that will cut one event down.

Dont think we can manage it with anything else, as I like thing's to match
(cant help it, female thing)
but 3 at a time in the famers should be great.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)08-01-2010 @ 19:15 
27 entry forms gone out so far, ....anyone else tempted?
come and have a go if you think your "strong\" enough and all that.
just noticed how many guy's have nothing better to do on a |Friday even than hang out here on Sugden, (or is it just the weather?)
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)08-01-2010 @ 16:29 
TICKETS: guy's tickets are now selling on facebook, dont want anyone to miss out, all athletes receive one ticket for free anything else is £6.00 cash or cheque or £6.40 paypal, pm or email me dilly_dally@lineone.net we only have 400 tickets and with (whats looking like 30 athletes) they will soon go.
Ill mention names to date after weekend.
» Your favourite British strongman? (Go to post)08-01-2010 @ 13:35 
Obvious who I have voted for, but if he wasnt on the list I would struggle...
They are all monster's who are up for anything, regardless of how they are edited on TV, all really GREAT guy's, who I know will do anything for the sport if avilable.
You only need to look at Winter Giant's and they were ALL there....I couldnt choose any one above the other, really proud of our British guy's the best lineup to date.Happy
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)08-01-2010 @ 11:23 
JC said:
All sounds reasonable to me.
Note: I never once thought the bags were light, just unloading them mfrom the platforms neraly killed me LOL

hope i didnt sound defensive?
so has anyone ever been to a competition where there were more athletes than spectators?

This may well be the official home of "Strongman",almost 20 guy's so far... I thought 30 would be perfect, waht if we go over? oops any siuggestions in advance, dont want to turn anyone down.

Confused
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)07-01-2010 @ 19:27 
all athletes receive 1 guest pass, all other tickets are £6 each via cheque or £6.40 via paypal, this will give me £500 first place plus others prize money.
right now 15 names, i wanted 30 and its only been a day, Comp just announced on facebook also, only 400 tickets, some gone already.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)07-01-2010 @ 19:18 
bignige1986 said:
deadlift suits allowed mrs felix??

always amused at the hardwork it takes to get into a suit..
Yes suits on dl ok, but NO straps
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)07-01-2010 @ 18:52 
JC said:Denni (hope I have spelt that right)

Is this an open comp? If so, you not think it's a bit light (this is in no way a criticism, just curious)

all criticism is constructive.

these weights are a compromise, (check previous topic on this contest)
but to explain, many athletes taking part in this 4hours tops comp(not to much recovery time)
110kg log for reps (doubles) down to floor each time, (i wouldnt consider light)
110kg farmers for 40m, (one drop your out) (doubles)maybe im underestimating like i did on the hercules at winters?... .
270 deadlift, normal bar for reps (doubles) no straps?
carrying & loading the same sacks as giants & same stones (ask any of the giants if this is light)..
to be honest I would go heavier, but wheres the fun in that when theres a possible 30 guys competing... i think this will be very competetive, and an equal selection of events?
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)07-01-2010 @ 14:58 
can anyone get a message to mick ashurst his email is returning mine... do you think he is trying to tell me sonething?

You are here: HomeForumayebygum → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions