REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 183 guests
You are here: HomeForumCraig_Pfisterer → View All Posts

View All Posts: Craig_Pfisterer

12345678910 ... ... 133134135136137138139140141142143

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)16-02-2018 @ 12:17 
Billytheold said:Well, just happy to hear that your alive and kicking.
The sun is ready to warm us up for a new season. I wish you the best. I hope the health has returned to top moth strength.

Thanks Billy! Some minor injuries but doing ok. Just did a contest on Saturday - http://justgetstrong.blogspot.com/2018/02/february-10-2018-iro... and gearing up for another on at the end of April in Kentucky.
» Adventure Time! (Go to post)30-01-2018 @ 00:15 
Billytheold said:Where are you buddy? Hope all is well!
Still alive and kicking. Just stopped keeping the log here. I was already updating it on a training blog and another forum.
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)01-01-2018 @ 19:02 
MJG said:Im already annoyed about Licis and Caron not being shown on the Squat.

Clearly just another year of showing the same old couple of athletes on everything.

They didn't even show the squat in the finals in the US broadcast, just a montage, athletes talking and then scores.
» Official Strongman Games Live Stream (Go to post)16-12-2017 @ 20:19 
All three classes of women's beat the WR for the weight class by over 9kgs on max log. That's nuts.
» Official Strongman Games Live Stream (Go to post)16-12-2017 @ 13:49 
Youtube stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSfh2riRWE

Scoresheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQGXoXOcv3jB2XcXN3rXHC0MqCOjbLAZadtj8TLXTuhRvz_5AlmfACYqVSarxKiF5v8CwIkdoQkgMOb/pubhtml#
» 2018 Arnold Pro Strongman World Championships (Go to post)16-11-2017 @ 19:53 
KevC86 said:^^ i just dont see that. Thor matched him on max dead at WSM if memory serves, and his progress over the last 6 months or so has been staggering.
Thor beat him on frame last year, and has the more consistent overhead.

Im making it 3 firsts for Thor, and 2 for Shaw.
Thor got 4th last year but won it the year before that. The deadlift is without a suit and Thor has been behind Shaw the previous two years but I think he is close now, especially with Shaw constantly having the hamstring issues. Will just have to see what exactly the plan is with the axle and the stones. No idea if they will be for reps or max.
» 2018 Arnold Pro Strongman World Championships (Go to post)16-11-2017 @ 01:49 
Mikeneto said:Do you know if the axle is for max or reps?
Not sure at this point. This was all they posted on the website. I know the athletes should have more details on event specifics.
» 2018 Arnold Pro Strongman World Championships (Go to post)15-11-2017 @ 20:11 
Looks like we have the events and competitors for the 2018 Arnold Championships.

2018 EVENT SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, MARCH 2

The Bag Over Bar (3:30-4:45 p.m.)
Competitors will toss bags weighing approximately 50 pounds to more than 100 pounds over a 15-foot high bar. The bags are custom-made by ROGUE Fitness. Event judged on weight and number of times bag successfully tossed over bar.

The Stone Shoulder (4:45-5:30 p.m.)

SATURDAY, MARCH 3

Appolon's Wheel (1:45-3:15 p.m.)

The ROGUE Elephant Bar Deadlift (3:15-5:30 p.m.)
Rising bar deadlift with a minimum starting weight of 749 pounds. The event features the ROGUE Elephant Bar, which is much longer an a regulation Olympic bar. Competitors have 30 seconds per attempt. Event judged on weight.

The Timber Carry (Approximately 9 p.m.)
Competitors will carry a wooden frame weighing approximately 1,140 pounds up a 35-foot ramp (10.7 meters). Event judged on time and distance. Straps are allowed. The Timber Carry has been an Arnold Strongman Classic staple since 2002.

NOTE: First four events will be held on Arnold Fitness EXPO Stage. Final event in Battelle Grand in conjunction with Arnold Classic Finals.

2018 COMPETITORS

Brian Shaw (USA)
Mikhael Shivlyakov (Russia)
Rauno Heinla (Estonia)
Mateusz Kieliskowski (Poland)
Hafthor Bjornsson (Iceland)
Matjaz Belsak (Slovenia)
Mateusz Ostazsewski (Poland)
Jerry Pritchett (USA)
Jean-Francois Caron (Canada)
Dimitar Savatinov (Bulgaria)

1st Alternate
Vytautas Lalas (Lithuania)
» Adventure Time! (Go to post)14-11-2017 @ 20:09 
Write-up for Strongman Corporation National Championships - http://justgetstrong.blogspot.com/2017/11/november-10-11-2017-...
» Adventure Time! (Go to post)04-11-2017 @ 22:29 
November 4, 2017 – Week 12, Day 3

5 Minutes Sled Drag (25kgs for .40k)

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

One Leg Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15/15

Regular Box Touches (12” Box)
BWx15

Sumo Box Touches (12” Box)
BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

Hip Airplanes (supported)
BWx7/7

Band Rows w/Biceps Stretch
MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

Push-ups
BWx15

Sled Drags/Prowler Pushes
93x30m/93x30m
93x30m/93x30m
93x30m/93x30m
93x30m/93x30m
93x30m/93x30m

Stretching

Comments: At home for training this time. I was looking forward to not having to wake up to an alarm after this week at work and not having to drive out for training in the morning. Really wanted to sleep in. Of course I slept well but woke up feeling seasonal allergies acting up. Oh well. Warm-up with the sled drag around the block. Been a while. Last time I used it I think was the very end of last training cycle for Refuge Barbell. Felt good, little bit of a lower back pump on the left side. Calf work after that. Felt tight but hardly noticeable disparity between the two sides. Then on to box touches. These felt really good on my hamstring today. Squat therapy was modified a bit. I don’t think I’ve ever done them at home before. I didn’t have anything that was at 16” so I had to stand on some plywood. This was inside and my ceilings are low (for me) so I had to bend my arms so I didn’t keep hitting the ceiling. But still good, knees felt alright. Hip airplanes didn’t start off well. I lost my balance immediately on the first rep. First time this entire cycle. Serves me right trying to do them on a slanted driveway. No issues after that first oopsie. No knee clicking on the right side but still feel something. Again no pain, just observing. Band rows and biceps stretches felt good. No issues with the biceps. Push-ups were ok as well. Only exercise with weight on the agenda for today was a drag and push medley. Plan being to do five sets supersetted for 30m each way and then resting a minute between sets. Same exact workout to end the last training cycle. Allergies acting up so I just added a little bit of weight to the last time I did it as I remember I was overconfident the last time and this is a bit of a lung burner. I also didn’t have to deal with leaf piles and sticks in the road last time either. I felt a little slow at the start but that tends to be the case with these kinds of workouts. My times improved with the third set being my fastest. Then I got slower the following two sets. Sweating quite a bit after this workout despite the short duration. I didn’t think I would be back to competing at this level of competition so soon after the injury with essentially one competition under my belt since coming back. I’ve put in the work these past 12 weeks and I just have to put it all out there in six days.

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)04-11-2017 @ 03:13 
November 2, 2017 – Week 12, Day 2

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

BWx15/15

BWx15

BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

BWx7/7

MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

16” Box Squats
20.5x10
43x5
66x3
84x2
102x1
119x3
119x3
119x3
119x3
119x3

12” Log Quarter Squats
91x3
113x3
131.5x3
154x3
172x3 (30.62 seconds hold on last rep)

Stretching

Comments: Had a deep tissue massage the day before. I try to get these the week of the contest but scheduling wasn’t going to work this time. Felt good and got a lot of tension out of my upper back and neck. Right side (leg and hip) were really tight. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate only up to 148bpm. Calf raise work after that. Tight but felt good. I was expecting them to be not so good with how tight the calves felt. Box touches with both styles felt good as well. On to squat therapy. Sucked for my knees. But a lot better compared to the previous session this week. Hip airplanes were pretty good. No clicking with the right knee this time. I think the massage helped with that. Band rows and biceps stretch followed. Trying to get the biceps to relax. Rows I got to feel better than last session. Then on to the weights. Essentially the same setup as last cycle of training for box squats. Work up to 50% for five sets of three with two minutes rest. My squat was stronger so the weight went up this time. Knees were achy on the unracking of weights but felt good doing the actual squat. No support gear on these. Got my upper body tight (actively rather than passively) on the last two sets. Then on to log quarter squats. Same idea as last week, working up in big jumps to a top set with a hold on the last rep. 4.5kgs more over last week. This time, felt in between of the first and second week of these as far as feel. Knees didn’t feel so crappy but didn’t feel super-duper awesome. Trying to be consistent and methodical with these and get the first rep just right so that the other reps are crisp. Definitely feeling the weight on the top two sets. Upper abdominals on the right side were cramping up right before the second to last set. Didn’t lose my air like last week and feel pass-outty this time. Hard to stay stable and upright with this kind of weight. I pretty much stopped at 30 seconds as I didn’t want to have this be an all-out set and I was struggling to keep tight. Home to stretch and eat. One and done.

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)01-11-2017 @ 12:03 
October 31, 2017 – Week 12, Day 1

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

BWx15/15

BWx15

BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

BWx7/7

MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

Push-ups
BWx15

12” Log Clean and Jerks (one clean)
41x5
54.5x3
68x3
81.5x1
91x1
100x1
110.5x1
120.5x1
130x1

Stretching

Comments: The deload week is upon us. Definitely in need of it. Despite the heavy lifting on Saturday, I wasn’t as sore as I was expecting to be, not even two days later. However, my right knee has been feeling weird so I had taken some ibuprofen the day before. Warmed up on the AMT. A little hesitant with the knee so not as vigorous on this as I usually am. Heart rate only got up to about 142bpm. Calf raise work after that. These felt fine, just little tension in my right quad. Box touches felt good both styles. Nice hamstring stretch. Knee ached a little bit on squat therapy but not nearly as much as I was expecting so still good. Felt better as I did them. Hip air planes were good on the left side. Right side ok with the hip but knee was “clicking” slightly. Not painful in any way, just noticing it. Band rows felt good. Really trying to not pull with the biceps and thinking that my hands are hooks and that the point of focus with the pull is pulling with the elbows. Seemed to work well. Stretching felt good too. Push-ups to finish off the stuff before the weights. First rep didn’t feel great so I moved my hands in slightly and it felt perfect. Plan for this workout just a top single on log clean and jerks at about 90%. Not usually what one thinks for deload but compared to previous sessions I guess it is haha. Back to jerks. Despite being ugly, the drive I get on these appears to be enough to get past the sticking point I have with push press that will allow me to grind out a lockout. Something to fix during the off season I guess. I have to go with the style that will get me a lift come contest day so need to grease the groove after the last two weeks of push press. Empty log felt good. Next jump not so great as I kept going forward each rep. Better after that set though. 91kgs felt really crisp and easy. I was keeping an eye on the biceps. Definitely noticed it was harder on the clean (pulling the weight into my body to get to the shoulders, picking off the floor to the lap) once I got to the point where I had the hard belt on. Those points in the lift where I go from the leg drive to the lockout feel like an eternity but video suggests it is only a fraction of second. Second to last lift, I felt like I rowed the log up with my biceps. I knew I had to fix that for the next set. Can’t be putting so much stress when they are beat and already stressed from this training cycle. Too close to have a costly mistake. Better on the last set for the pull to the lap but the clean to the shoulders took more effort than I would have liked. Again, felt slow on the lockout but video says otherwise. Two more workouts left. Home to stretch and eat.

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)29-10-2017 @ 02:12 
October 28, 2017 – Week 11, Day 3

5 Minutes Concept 2 Rower

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

BWx15/15

BWx15

BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

BWx7/7

MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

Push-ups
BWx15

I-Beam Frame Deadlifts
Farmer’s Handles (6”)
24.5x10
Farmer’s Handles (15”)
61x1
102x1
Frame (16”)
143x1
184x1
224.5x1
265x1
Added Straps
306x1
Frame (19”)
340x1
363x1
Frame (22”)
388x1

Stone of Steel Over Bar (1.45m)
62.5x1
176x1
91x1
102x1
113x1
125x1
136x1
165x0,0
165x1
174x1
183x1

Prowler Pushes
215.5x49.45m in 75 seconds

Stretching

Comments: Last heavy workout. I wasn’t feeling that this would go so well with how achy my knees were on the previous workout. Got some eye twitching going on the past week or so haha. Right biceps still somewhat sore. Didn’t wrap it or wear the sleeve but still keeping an eye on that. But I felt good waking up today so I hoped that would mean good things. Out to Lancaster for training. Warmed up on the rower. Felt good. Calf work and box touches were pretty good. Squat therapy was good too. No real aching in my knees. Hip airplanes were good. Had some balance issues with my one side but stayed steady and got my reps with no do-overs. Band rows and stretching followed. Stretch was good, cautious with the band rows. First set felt better than the second. Then frame deadlifts. Warmed up with the farmer’s walk handles with connectors for a light set. Back of the handle grip and tried to move my feet forward a little bit more to be in line with my grip and get better hip drive. Original plan from a few weeks out had been to just do a moderately heavy single but the new plan for more frame work made this the heaviest session so far. Starting things off was singles up to 95%. First two singles were with the farmer’s walk setup before getting to a heavy enough weight for the I-beams. No knee aching and weight felt like it was moving reasonably well so I felt like I could hit my goals. Foot position I had to play around with as sometimes it felt like it made me off balance (too far forward). Last single from contest height was pretty tough but probably could do a tough double. Felt a little easier than 640lbs felt last time. Raised the frame up 3” more. Plan here was to beat my best single from last time anywhere from 4.5kg-9kgs. I really wanted that 9kgs. Going right for that weight wouldn’t be smart with how the form is a little different raised up so I took an in-between lift. That felt pretty heavy but it looked like it moved well. Don’t know if it moved “363kgs was going to happen” well but it was enough for me to go for broke. 363kgs was slow going but I got it. No pain. Then another 3” added. One more single with even more weight. I really wanted to do another 22.5kgs jump but I decided to just put plates on each side to get to 388kgs. It was a gamble as those other lifts were a lot of effort. If I got it, it would be the most weight I’ve lifted in a deadlift type fashion (not counting yoke). It was a short range of motion but it was definitely a long pull. That weight did not want to be lifted. Happy to get that weight up too. I took my time breaking down the frame and putting away weights. I wanted my lower back to recover some and I had to wait to use the stone of steel. Plan for this session was to work up to top single with no grip aids of any kind and then a top single with whatever on. Not max singles but still good. Conservative maxes (I swear I will get it right one day). My one training partner got 174kgs today so I had a goal to shoot for, though I was already entertaining 181.5kgs or so. I started light as usual with somewhat small jumps. Biceps didn’t like it if I ripped and gripped it or got too overzealous with extension using my arms. The more I did sets, the better I felt though. Got 136kgs with room to spare on the no grip assist single. Definitely good for a lot more just moderate increases each time. Then it was go time with the gloves and the tacky towel. Or so I thought. I put the weight at 165kgs and thought it was going to be easy. It was not. I messed up my extension and I brought it back down too soon and totally missed it. I then rolled it back and gave it another shot. Same result. Ok, now I’m pissed. I reset the setup and took a minute or so to collect my thoughts and came back and crushed it (I proceeded to give it two middle fingers). Confidence for more, not sure. I really didn’t want to leave things there. If Brian hadn’t lifted heavier that same day, I probably would have called it there. So I loaded up his weight and got that convincingly. Well lets go up another level. Over 181.5kgs. I should have this. Lower back was starting to feel the fatigue of the heavy frame deadlifts and the missed attempts from before. But I got it in my lap and extended. Good. Definitely more there. Getting close to maxing out this darn thing haha. Last thing for the day was max distance prowler push. Same as before, 75 seconds. Put a little more weight than last time. Just kept pushing. It was slow going and I hit spots where it almost stopped me twice. But I kept at it the whole time. Glutes and legs were beat from that. Home to stretch and then eat lots of beef tenderloin.

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)28-10-2017 @ 01:31 
October 26, 2017 – Week 11, Day 2

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

BWx15/15

BWx15

BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

BWx7/7

MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

16” Front Box Squats
20.5x10
43x5
66x3
88.5x2
111x1
129x2
129x2

12” Log Quarter Squats
86x3
109x3
127x3
149.5x3
168x3 (7.89 seconds hold on last rep)
168x1 (32.66 seconds hold)

Crunches
BWx30

Leg Raises
BWx30

Stretching

Comments: Definitely in that tensed, stressed and fatigued state. Ready to deload. Keeping eye on the right biceps still. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate only up to 149bpm. Calf raise work after that. Tight but felt good. Box touches with both styles felt good as well. On to squat therapy. Sucked for my knees. Achy the whole time. Hip airplanes were pretty good. I felt like I was having some balance issues at the start but felt fine doing the exercise. Band rows and biceps stretch followed. Trying to get the biceps to relax. This workout was going to just be front box squats and light abs but some log stuff has been added. On to the front squat box squats. Knees were feeling okay on these. Still working on theoretical maxes on how I feel on the day. Just easier to keep adding 9kgs each time as it feels to be doing well based off of what an expected max would be. Advised to use a hard belt over 125kgs. Upper body tight as I felt that my mobility to hold the rack position with the bar wasn’t as easy as it usually is. Weights felt heavy on my chest but I feel I moved better on the sets. I wasn’t rushing the descent on any lifts. Top weight for two doubles. I didn’t do set time for the rests as I wanted to make sure the reps were good and I was rested. I didn’t want a repeat of last time. It does feel tough to breathe on these but they went well. Then on to log quarter squats. Same idea as last week, working up in big jumps to a top set with a hold on the last rep. Did not feel as good this week. Knees were aching like crazy, even with the light weight. Perhaps I was getting lift wrong breaking off the pins or something as far as feeling comfortable with the weight on my sternum. Became very apparent on the last set where I was to do the hold. I felt like I was going to black-out right away and put it down at about seven seconds. I took about a minute to clear my head and adjust the position of the log in the rack slightly in hopes it would rest on the shoulders better. Success. I didn’t want to go for an all-out effort this time and I tried to gauge where my form was starting to falter to end the hold. I think I got closer to that this time. Went right into the easy abdominal stuff. Crunches felt good and so did the leg raises. Perhaps not as much relief as I would have liked with the lower back but it will have to do for now. Home to stretch and eat. One more hard workout to go.

» Adventure Time! (Go to post)26-10-2017 @ 03:31 
October 24, 2017 – Week 11, Day 1

5 Minutes Percor AMT

Leaning Calf Raises
BWx15

BWx15/15

BWx15

BWx15

Squat Therapy (16” Box)
BWx15

BWx7/7

MMBx20/20 seconds
MMBx20/20 seconds

Push-ups
BWx15

12” Log Clean and Push Presses
41x1
54.5x1
68x1
81.5x1
95x1
109x1
122.5x1
136x1
147.5x0
Clean and Jerks (one clean)
115.5x6

Chest Supported Rows
72.5x5
91x5
109x5
127x5
145x5

Band Resisted Push-ups
No Bands
BWx15
Add Bands
ABx10
Add Bands & Chains
SB+15cx5
SB+15cx5
SB+15cx5

Band Triceps Pressdowns
SBx30
SBx30

Stretching

Comments: Last really heavy week. Been keeping an eye on the right biceps, wrapping in an ace bandage to keep warm and provide a little compression when I get home from work. Hoping it will help with recovery as things are not going to get easier. Plan for this session was heavy log and then somewhat lighter duty assistance work. Lower body was pretty beat from Saturday. Warmed up on the AMT. Heart rate peaked at 156bpm. Calf raise work after that. Pretty good here. Not having any super tight and difficult days like I have had on these sometimes. Box touches felt good both styles. Squat therapy was just so-so as my knees were bit achy. Hip airplanes were also good. Band rows felt good. Definitely needed the stretch for biceps this session. Push-ups to finish off the stuff before the weights. Felt really good. On to log work. I put on my copper infused compression sleeve for the rest of the workout then. Don’t want to take any chances this close. Same as last time in that the plan was to work up to a top single with 13.5kgs jumps. Aiming for push press so no hesitation with jerk or not to jerk. I picked the weight jumps so that I would hit 136kgs on my second to last attempt and then have the option if feeling good to go for 147.5kgs or 149.5kgs. Push press felt good today. I did change things up a little using metal plates as I wanted to see how these felt with denser concentration near the end of the log. My log is essentially hollow so I’m wanted to see if I could get it to feel like a denser log. The plates moving I think just made the clean tougher I think. 122.5kgs went up pretty good so I thought a PR may happen. Reality came back on 136kgs as I got pretty lighted headed after finishing the lift so I knew even attempting 143kgbs would have been tough. But I gave it my best shot. I got it off my shoulders but couldn’t get past my sticking point. It will eventually happen, just not today. I haven’t missed any weights 140.5kgs and under since I first hit 136kgs so the consistency to hit that kind of weight any given session seems to be a good sign at least. So then on to the down set. 85% for 3-5 reps was the plan. Missed the top single I wanted so the most weight successfully lifted was what I based things off of. Ended up being the same weight as last time. Push press was much better compared to jerks. I however still suck with press away on log. I got three pretty easy reps but I got light headed on the third rep and put down the log. I wasn’t sure how many reps I did so I recleaned the log and did three more. Other than getting lightheaded and having to do another clean, pretty good. I feel sturdier on the push press but I got to get my breathing right. Then on to chest supported rows. Not a heavy session of rows per se as the plan was my 10rm as the top set but only doing sets of five. Keeping an eye on the biceps at the start of each set so that I started off well. Good, explosive reps was the name of the game here. Felt good on the upper back. I noticed that my blood blister on the left hand (darn farmer’s walk handles) had opened so that wasn’t fun. Then on to band push-ups . I had all my bands this time so warm-ups were just right. Heavier resistance for the working sets but only doing sets of five, even though I could do more. Three times as much chain weight. That felt weird haha. Finished up with band triceps work. Felt pretty good. Didn’t feel completely wrecked after this session. Would have been nice to get another log PR. Home to stretch and eat recovery burritos.

12345678910 ... ... 133134135136137138139140141142143

You are here: HomeForumCraig_Pfisterer → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions