REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 184 guests
You are here: HomeForumJavier → View All Posts

View All Posts: Javier

» Gyms in Bristol (Go to post)28-11-2010 @ 19:07 
Hi Steve,

I suggest you try the Empire Sports in St Paul. Craig Coombes and Jamie Williams (both world champions in WPC) train there and last time I checked they were looking for new people. They train Mon, Wed and Fri from about 17:15-17:30. Just turn up and introduce yourself. They will bring your lifting to the next level.

Javier
» Sites we like... AKA Links (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 23:29 
http://www.naturalstrength.com/
» What do think of this? (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 08:40 
Post Edited: 23.11.2007 @ 08:41 AM
That guy probably eats 6000kcal in a week or so. The white suit is f**king retarded. And the squat technique in the second video is all wrong. That guy needs a good coach that puts him in touch with reality...

And I don't think that kind of coverage is good for the sport. Can you imagine what would people think when they see this guy on TV?
» Your top 3 supplements (Go to post)18-11-2007 @ 18:57 
1.- Protein powder.
2.- Creatine.
3.- Multivitamin.
» Keys to sustainable progress (Go to post)15-10-2007 @ 20:42 
Originally posted by PorkPie...
Number one - having decent genetics to lift weights, or at least having the genetics to react to heavy training by becoming stronger.

Good training partners and having fun in the gym.

Not missing training, ever, not even for your Mrs birthday.

Training intelligently to overcome weaknesses. Training your worst lift the hardest.

Plenty of good food, not worrying too much about getting a little fat either.

Using gear intelligently, with respect and as a supplement to all of the above, not as a replacement for any of it.

Listen to Pork Pie. He knows what he is talking about.
» Old PLUSA magazine covers (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:51 
Post Edited: 14.10.2007 @ 14:52 PM
I thought I should share what I found will you all...

http://vintagemusclemags.com/mags.php?c=167

And click where it says 'scan'
» Setting up your own fed? (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:42 
Originally posted by Fruitbat...
powerlifting is already too splintered - last thing the powerlifting movement needs is more splintered feds

I fully agree.
» Raw to shirted (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:39 
Post Edited: 14.10.2007 @ 14:41 PM
Originally posted by purplepaul...
I can,t realy use boards as i train on my own, so would i be better pressing off a power rack?
so i can work on lock out too.

Yes, you can place the boards under the t-shirt. I works pretty well for me.
I normally do 3 board presses followed by rack lockouts.
» Raw to shirted (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:39 
Last year, I got 170kg in a single ply shirt when my raw max was only 130kg. So +40kg from a single ply. I guess it all depens on how strong is your triceps. If you have weak triceps you'll get only 20k from the shirt. If you have strong triceps, you can get a lot more. I know Craig Coombes for example was able to get as much as 70kg-80kg extra from a single ply bench shirt.
» SB meet & challenge, 13th of October (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 12:01 
That competition looked like a lot of fun.
Congratulations to all the people that got PB's.
» Hi everyone!! (Go to post)03-10-2007 @ 17:02 
Originally posted by Finch...
However, I think that I am fairly intelligent (I could be wrong), so please do not expect me to believe that, despite being "clean" for 8 months, you have not gained an unfair advantage over somebody like me who just works hard in the gym three times a week and takes a cod liver capsule everyday.

Good luck with your training. Why dont you start a log on the journal page so that we can read about your progress. I'll look forward to reading it.

I said in my post that I have saved a year of training by taking gear. I'm not denying it. However, I'm stronger now than when I was on it at lighter bodyweight. Hard and clever training is more important that all the gear in the world.

About the log, I'll probably do it...
» Hi everyone!! (Go to post)02-10-2007 @ 22:51 
I said I was clean just because there are currently no substances in my body (and there hasn't been for about 8 months now). It's true that I have saved some time by using gear (probably about a year) but I cannot do anything about that now. Also, gear is no magic and there is no substitute for hard work. As I said, I have no plans of competing in the future and I only want to concentrate on getting stronger step by step. Also, I'm a bit bored about the drug / non-drug debate, to be honest.
» Hi everyone!! (Go to post)01-10-2007 @ 19:54 
Post Edited: 01.10.2007 @ 19:54 PM
Originally posted by sivvy1...
hi javier, i have just enrolled at UWE, so i'm fairly local now, do you train at empire??

i wat to go along and see what it's like, however i dont know bristol at all, so i may have to send you a pm for some directions Grin

anyway welcome to the site

I used to train at the Empire. I'm now training at my garage. You will find Craig Coombes there. You can only train at the Empire on Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as Tuesdays and Thrusday are women only days. There is plenty of good equipment and the price is reasonable. Little_a gave you the address in the previous post.
» Hi everyone!! (Go to post)30-09-2007 @ 19:08 
Post Edited: 30.09.2007 @ 19:08 PM
Originally posted by Boar...
hay javier, here is the vid of your BPO comp - you do squat very very wide but you do go lowish, mabie another inch for BWLA ?

this video is part of 220 i lovingly uploaded for PLuk

Yeah, it's been a while since the last time I watched that video. I know it looks quite low from the front but apparently it didn't look as low from the sides. Maybe it's because I have quite big quads... That video reminds me how tight and painful that squat suit was. I'm glad I don't have to get in one anytime soon...LOL
» Hi everyone!! (Go to post)30-09-2007 @ 18:09 
Originally posted by marc...
Hola mi amigo bienvenidoHappy

Good one!!

You are here: HomeForumJavier → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions