REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 138 guests
You are here: HomeForumBane → View All Posts

View All Posts: Bane

» If you could change anything bout your life, what would it be? (Go to post)02-03-2011 @ 11:28 
I would have spent less time dicking around at school and got a better education.

I would not have married my soon to be ex wife
» Strength-tec novice !! April 24th !! (Go to post)21-02-2011 @ 15:49 
Please put me down for the comp following our chat via PM,

be good to get myself back into it after the pec tear & surgery!
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)28-11-2010 @ 18:19 
Are there cast 50kg plates going for £1/kg?

If so what's a rough delivery price please?
» goals for 2011 (Go to post)27-11-2010 @ 18:37 
lets give it 12 months and if you are right then say "told you so"
» goals for 2011 (Go to post)27-11-2010 @ 18:32 
Post Edited: 27.11.2010 @ 19:21 PM by Bane
Wayne_Cowdrey said:How can anyone other than a newbie put 85Kg+ onto their squat and dead lift in a year??? Confused

By lifting equipped?

Not occured to anyone?

Would rather take the piss & not think?

Too bad
» goals for 2011 (Go to post)27-11-2010 @ 17:16 
Post Edited: 27.11.2010 @ 17:20 PM by Bane
350kg+ SQUAT & DEADLIFT

230kg BENCH (500LB+!)

IN COMPETITION! No - "well i did blah blah blah in the gym last week/month/session"

185kg + OH press

Another open standard strongman comp & to play american football again.
» who is your all time favourite strongman? (Go to post)21-11-2010 @ 18:31 
Post Edited: 21.11.2010 @ 18:47 PM by Bane
A toss up between Kaz & Jon Pall Sigmussen

Honourable mention to Joe Onasi who was built like a freakin Mack Truck

& how can i forget Gerrit Badenhorst?
» FFS! Injury advice (Go to post)18-11-2010 @ 16:32 
Try a chiropractor, they are decent just dont get trapped into going every other week or whatever once the prob is sorted. Took 3 sessions for my shoulder but he wanted me to keep going back for pre-hab stuff but just costs too much!
» Speed Benching/Pulling etc... does this seriously works? (Go to post)18-11-2010 @ 10:53 
I have followed a speed type system performing 9x3@70% (misread the advice should have been using 60%) every other day with a heavy day every 5th session.

I have to say that my bench strength & technique improved dramatically but is was a very hard programme to recover from and I ultimatly ended up with a torn pec.

When i return to lifting i doubt i will use the system again (!) but will be lifting explosively with whatever weight or percentage I am using.

On another note I found box squatting explosively (with 75%+) was really beneficial for strength.
» UK's Strongestman 2010 starts (Go to post)12-11-2010 @ 13:11 
James said:rob frampton was absolutely awesome, not a surprise he got invited to worlds.

x2!

Knew he was massive cos he sat a few rows infront of me at the Wembley Arena SL last year & blocked my view (lol moved to better seats so it worked out in the end) but really impressed by him. Havent personally seen him in competition before & he is brute strong!
» UK's Strongestman 2010 starts (Go to post)11-11-2010 @ 09:10 
Gotta agree with the mjority of posts regarding the hosting/commentating!

Alex Reid im not going to bother even mentioning, id rather listen to John Inverdale saying "he's got arms bigger than most peoples legs" for the millionth time & i fookin hate John Inverdale!

I also expect a know nothing split arse to be there for eye candy value but........ what the hell is up with Geoff Capes? Or his former coach who was commentating - both of them sounded like they had very little interest or knowledge, compare them to Kaz commentating for ESPN and its not even laughable, just a bit sad.

Same thing while I watched the SuperSeries Norway on Eurosport, "he is a big man & "the weight is really heavy" are a f**kin given surely????????

If they are going to go with non former competitors then get Colin Bryce or Nick Halling to commentate - Colin for obvious reasons & at least Nick Halling shows some interest, plus he is a good analyst of what's going on even if he hasn't experienced it.
» walking dead (Go to post)05-11-2010 @ 10:01 
d_singh said:i love zombie movies. where can i watch repeat of this

On FX tonight @10pm
» Wembley NFL Game (Go to post)28-10-2010 @ 11:56 
Not sure if there are any other fans of the NFL on here but if so & tickets are required please get in touch - due to my injury I will not be able to go leaving 3 tickets wasted.

Apologies if this kind of thread is not allowed
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)25-10-2010 @ 16:20 
Good effort on the post injury training & rehab!

Looking forward to getting me some of that soon
» Power Rack Loading Platform (Go to post)24-10-2010 @ 20:57 
http://www.hirepgym.com/images/Strongman/strongman-events.htm

take a look at the pic near the bottom of the page, that loading platform is bombproof!

You are here: HomeForumBane → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions