REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 114 guests
You are here: HomeForumcolossal → View All Posts

View All Posts: colossal

» Glenn Ross handed suspended prison sentence for punch (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 20:17 
isnt it only a suspended jail term? ie, that means nothings going to happen apart from he has to cough up £500, and he will get on with his job, being more careful for a couple of years!
» Divebomb squats versus slow/controlled squats (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 18:59 
that was some good spotting to be fair, the spotter pulled the guy out and probably saved his life! but he wasnt anywhere near the hole, and its really not the same equipped when you have to actualy squeeze for the depth!

i think divebomb is probably the wrong word, but decending quickly can definitly be controlled and safe!
» Divebomb squats versus slow/controlled squats (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 14:42 
for me, ass to grass bounced squats require quite an extensive warmup, i cant just walk into the gym and get squatting like some people like to do!
» Frontin and stuff (Go to post)06-09-2010 @ 22:00 
good front squatting! you must have some numbers up on that board?? i might make a return to the base this year to update mine!
» 260kg deadlift + 280kg attempt raw 17 years old (Go to post)05-09-2010 @ 21:18 
very strong, and impressive lifting. but im not sure whether to place a bet on the bicep going first or a prolapse?
» joe walton (Go to post)05-09-2010 @ 15:56 
Post Edited: 05.09.2010 @ 15:59 PM by colossal
the guy before joe at about 15:30 in the vid was miles out and he got given the lift!

.. edit .. and now having watched joes last lift, his was closer to depth than him! close call. some questionable judging. pretty sure some of the guys just see what they want to see!
» Speed Squats (Go to post)01-09-2010 @ 21:44 
i use them a lot as an athlete, generally once a week during the season in order to maintain strength i will do around four or five doubles with light or medium woody bands, at about 60% max weight, but with maximal effort and full extension!

using bands is a great idea for speed squats because at the top end of the movement you are still in effect shifting some heavy poundage and at a quick pace!
» Chickens and eggs (Go to post)04-08-2010 @ 15:56 
thosebananas said:
stress, disease, living conditions, enviromnetal factors will have more of an affect on our life length as long as we are not following a ridiculous diet.

this is the best thing been said on this thread so far.

what we must understand is that our diets are not for HEALTH, but for PERFORMANCE. and whilst they are closely related in some aspects, they still oppose each other elsewhere - ie high calorie diets.

i read a couple of studies when i had access to the journals etc, that suggest (not prove) that nutrient profiles of battery eggs arent nearly as good as those of free range. the same argument to the corn fed cows - intensely farmed chickens often become cannibals, and you cant argue that they arent more prone to illness or disease.

i have absolutely no issue with battery farming from an ethical point of view, but if you can afford the free range eggs and meat then why wouldnt you buy it??
» biggest (Go to post)31-07-2010 @ 18:08 
i read that jeff lewis weighed 540 in 2006!!

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/1314

hideous!
» How to improve ur shot put (Go to post)28-07-2010 @ 22:01 
im a discus thrower, havent actually competed against him but have seen him around a couple of times at competitions, one at north london rings a bell where he threw just over 20m!
» How to improve ur shot put (Go to post)28-07-2010 @ 21:49 
that would probably be garret johnson who was over at oxford university for a couple of years! quite an athlete!
» How to improve ur shot put (Go to post)28-07-2010 @ 21:47 
bounce bench and hip snatch!
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)25-07-2010 @ 13:21 
Post Edited: 25.07.2010 @ 14:02 PM by colossal
well i went down to the woking youth centre today and watched the morning lifting.. the juniors first which were impressive alone and then the masters/open squat; someone with a fairly meaty 270 raw squat!

great experience and i can definitely see myself lifting soon!

edit: where can i get a singlet to wear for when i compete?
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)24-07-2010 @ 12:09 
Mr_Ben said:Excellent lifting and you can see how tall you are when you are in the power rack you make it look small !

I think you have potential mate.

cheers mate! squatting to parallel or atg is a long way down! will need a lot of tweaking for my bench to get near my pb in competition though - ass on bench etc, i imagine im only good for 150ish at the moment.
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)23-07-2010 @ 21:31 
Post Edited: 28.07.2010 @ 22:04 PM by colossal
i should have expected that question, you only have to have a quick glance at other forums to see how these threads normally turn out!

i havent done any deadlifts since september, just wearing a cheap golds belt in this vid! dont have any vids of my squat or bench im afraid Unhappy wil hopefully start liftig heavy again in a couple of months!

edit.. removed vids for now!

You are here: HomeForumcolossal → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions