REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 195 guests
You are here: HomeForumcolossal → View All Posts

View All Posts: colossal

» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)23-07-2010 @ 20:02 
thats great then.. why are the records so.. unimpressive? is it because of the amount of people that go equipped when they get to a certain standard? or is the gbpf not the strongest really?

i am going to the competition this weekend in woking to observe and hopefully compete soon to at least take the deadlift record, that seems easiest!
» Death by C&J - a simple, but nasty little fitness session (Go to post)23-07-2010 @ 19:56 
lukeC, with a 240 squat im pretty sure you could clean and jerk 80.2kg even without technique!
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)22-07-2010 @ 23:08 
thanks guys!..

i dont suppose anyone has any more information about the powerlifting comp in woking this weekend do they? times etc?
» When is a Strict Press not a Strict Press? (Go to post)22-07-2010 @ 22:58 
172.5kg or 380lb in vancouver

Hepburn attributed his upper body strength to handstands and walking on his hands because he believed that more blood would flow to the upper body if he exercised upside down through pushups etc!
» How many Pullups and Chinups can you do? (With and without weight) (Go to post)22-07-2010 @ 22:52 
i was told once that bodyweight plus weight added for a max single pullup, should be roughly around your bench max?
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)16-07-2010 @ 15:50 
may go and watch the comp next weekend at Woking, thats not far from me! the Kent Surrey and Sussex meeting.

so if i am reading this correctly from the website:

Junior / Under 23: from 1 January in the calendar year you reach 21 years and throughout the full calendar year in which you reach 23 years.

then i am an U23 right up until december 31st 2011???
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)16-07-2010 @ 14:07 
managed to get it to work on internet explorer. it was chrome doing something to the menu script!

so.. i think i shall set this as my target!

http://www.gbpfsoutheast.co.uk/compdates.html

NOV 28th SOUTH EAST POWER DOVER

may see some of you there Happy
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)16-07-2010 @ 13:05 
im even more surprised at the deadlift record! ive never really trained the deadlift hard, only through olympic pulls! GBPF allow sumo right? being 6ft7 its much more comfortable for me!

so looks like i will definitly enter a comp later this year hopefully november/december time, when i go through a few more weeks strength training at the end of my season. im not 23 till next year so as long as i can stay at 110 it could be a possibility! am i an u23 until december 31st like in other sports, or until m birthday in march?

thanks!
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)16-07-2010 @ 12:52 
i cant seem to get the GBPF website to work properly at the moment, but the dropdown that does work on the right says this:

Most recent British records...
Male:
26/06/2010: Luke Conboy, U23 110kg class - 230.00kg Squat

that cant be right surely?

when i click on any of the menu links i get 'Server Error in '/' Application'?
» Newbie Powerlifting (Go to post)15-07-2010 @ 21:18 
I train for another sport so my powerlifting maxes are a bit pants, because i mainly focus on more specific olympic lifts; spend lots of time doin behind neck jerks and split snatches, quad tests and jumps etc.. but i need some motivation to lift some heavy ass weights. and of course id like to throw on a singlet and get something on paper.

Are there any novice powerlifting comps in late 2010? im based in guildford so obviously the closer the better!

thanks guys!
» Don't try this at home?? (Go to post)16-06-2010 @ 19:58 
Post Edited: 16.06.2010 @ 20:02 PM by colossal
Cuddles said:I dont know what the fuss is about. Even Jonathon Edwards can do that...

He told me at his peak, he power cleaned 130kg for a few singles at 67k bodyweight!... A shotputter Udo Beyer is rumoured to have been the strongest athlete, having behind neck jerked 275kg!
» chains for sale (Go to post)16-06-2010 @ 13:21 
am interested in a pair of these, any pictures?
» Don't try this at home?? (Go to post)16-06-2010 @ 13:18 
manuel martinez is an ex world indoor champion shot putter, and came 4th in an olympic games. that is some great bounce benching, a common method throwers use to get dangerously strong! heres an idea of how strong some of these athletes are!

You are here: HomeForumcolossal → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions