REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 139 guests
You are here: HomeForumitsyourround → View All Posts

View All Posts: itsyourround

» Training for first comp 2010 (Go to post)30-05-2010 @ 20:12 
Post Edited: 30.05.2010 @ 20:25 PM by itsyourround
Finished an exam yesterday and hit the gym, pretty drained as stayed up the whole night before and was running on caffeine.

push press
60x5
70x5
80x5
90x5
100 x 3

Rack pulls (beneath knee)

100x5
140x5
180x5
200x3

Speed deadlifts

100 x 10
100 x 10

Barbell hip thrusts

100 x 5
140 x 5
140 x 5

Absolutely shattered after the exam and being up all night, disappointed with the push pressing, technique was s**t. Hoping for some good sessions this incoming week as work load with uni won't be as severe. Starting to get really excited about this comp now.
» Would you be happy if your Girlfriend worked on a chat line ? (Go to post)30-05-2010 @ 20:08 
Deffo done the right thing judging by what you have said about her past and how this could upset her even more. Nobody needs to listen to that s**t from c**ts on the phone, don't worry about it.
» kevin nee (Go to post)30-05-2010 @ 20:02 
Hope he hasn't done his bicep again, what a nightmare for him if he has. Is it only rumours at this stage?
» Terry on talk sport (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 21:45 
There's prolly a podcast somewhere but not sure how to get it. They've posted a video though of him lifting someone who worked there! This is the video here :

http://www.talksport.net/mediaplayer/media_player.asp?id=11090...
» strongman events (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 19:15 
Deffo truck pulls, i love them! Car flipping is always good to watch as well!
» It aint over till its over (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 18:46 
Solid work. Tabata sets are mental. Are many of use boys coming over for the scl mate?
» Training for first comp 2010 (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 16:45 
Post Edited: 26.05.2010 @ 16:51 PM by itsyourround
Not particularly at the moment. Finishing off my finals at uni and it's taking up large proportion of my time, only decided about month and a half ago to enter this comp as i always loved the sport but didn't know there was weight categories so it's all been a steep learning curve, only got about 6 events sessions under my belt as the strongman gym is 45 mins away from me and they've gone well but learning all the time. The events on the day are :

250kg griphold
tireflip and 350kg sled pull arm over arm
max log
130kg farmers for 20m
car deadlift reps
stones

I got a 300kg tire from a quarry and have two farmers made that are 100kg each for training at home, trying to duct tape some plates on to them but it ain't working too well. At the minute i'm doing tire flip and farmers 2/3 times a week then getting proper events session in at the strongman gym once a week when i can. 2/3 gym sessions when i can in and around the studying, there normally legs, back, overhead/accessorie muscles.

Not hoping for much in this comp but i ain't going to make up the numbers. Done plenty of weights over the years with rugby and boredom at uni and this has been a natural progression. Really looking forward to it.

I've seen lot of your vids of your progression through the ranks boar by being a long time reader on here, keep up the good work! What about your knee how is it doing?
» Training for first comp 2010 (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 16:35 
Thought i would start up a journal here in the hope i could maybe pick up some tips/advice from the knowledge filled chaps on here lol in the run down to my first comp, a u105kg in june. Will be posting up some details of my training etc.

Cheers! Cool
» blood vessels rupture in eye (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 11:30 
I get this after heavy squats, normally tiny red dots all round my eye socket and sometimes on my cheeks, sometimes my eye gets red as well, normally goes away in a day or two and wasn't painful. Would be best get to a doc though if it's painful and get it checked out mate.

P.s i also get this after speaking to huey on the big white telephone after too many vodkas the night before Unhappy
» all 3 deadlfts from expo 350kg 390kg 432.5kg (Go to post)26-05-2010 @ 10:53 
Unbelievable lifting. Hoping to get over to the expo next year and see you lift if your there again. Great work.
» pudz gets owned! (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 13:31 
Very disappointed with that fight! Couple of points i was wondering about :

1. Pudz is well known for his fitness i always heard and assumed, why did he look so tired and was blowing so much?

2. Why as a newcomer to mma is he fighting a ex world champion in his second/third (not sure which) fight? Would this not be considered madness in boxing?

3. Is he really interested in mma or was this a money making venture on the back of his reputation?
» Looking for some honest advice about first strongman competition (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 11:58 
Tony said:So this isn't the SCL Ireland comp?

No, this is a comp up north! SCL is on on the 6th june in limerick.
» Looking for some honest advice about first strongman competition (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 11:57 
JC said:
When is this comp in N. Ireland/

12th june as far as i know, will check for defs later.
» Looking for some honest advice about first strongman competition (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 11:53 
This is a comp in northern ireland tony, the one in limerick is a "all-ireland" competition and as far as i know they havn't confirmed events yet, they seem to have changed a bit. You for entering it?
» Looking for some honest advice about first strongman competition (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 11:52 
Northern ireland. Was all set for doing it and training was going well but i havn't been getting the hard training in with these f**king books, but it's a necessary evil i suppose.

Really love the sport and want to start sooner rather than later but was just worried incase i would be too far off the mark.

Would a arm over arm pull of a car be much similar to a 350kg sled pull?

You are here: HomeForumitsyourround → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions