REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 208 guests
You are here: HomeForumMattF → View All Posts

View All Posts: MattF

12345678910 ... ... 979899100101102103104105106107

» This Will Probably Only Last A Week... (Go to post)13-05-2010 @ 23:01 
Mike_Hawkins said:Good to see someone with similar lifting goals to myself!! VERY similar!

Good luck with it all!

Ridiculously similar! Just looks like I've created two personas just incase this one doesn't go so well!

...Wait, just noticed your weight, maybe my thinner persona.
» This Will Probably Only Last A Week... (Go to post)13-05-2010 @ 22:18 
Yeah, cheers mate, got to sort training and thought good old peer pressure would work.
» This Will Probably Only Last A Week... (Go to post)13-05-2010 @ 21:49 
Hi all,

I need to get my training on track, stop talking about it and start doing it.

SO, I'm going to try and make it as comprehensive as possible with nutrition, corrective exercise and heavyish weights and I'm going to condition that, when I say heavy I mean for me, and only during a strength and power phaseHappy

PB's as on my avatar are from about a year back, so the short term targets are going to be; deadlift - 200kg; squat - 140kg; front squat - 120kg; power clean - 100kg. Also hopefully bringing my bodyweight down to under 90kg.

Any comments/advice greatly received. Planning to start on Monday.

Nice one.
» For The Depth Nazi's (Go to post)12-05-2010 @ 23:46 
dr_hazbun said:Macca mate, whilst all this advice you've been getting is great, you've managed to get yourself to a 250 odd unequipped squat at 82.5 BW. Not one bugger who's offered you advice can do that. Take what's been offered in by all means, but at the end of the day, you're one of the best f**king squatters on this website.

I do agree with this, so what I'm saying is by no means a criticism, because I' ve got about another 120kg odd to go to get near you!
» For The Depth Nazi's (Go to post)12-05-2010 @ 17:15 
The knee wobble is due to your adductors overworking and possibly ITband (maybe consider if you have a tightness in either and also consider if you have a hip flexor tightness. The thing about the tightness is it may be inhibiting the glutes to work optimally.). Really for training purposes if someone can watch you from the front and move to the sides they can observe the knee movement (in and out) and whether they travel over the toes and just give you training cues. To correct will slightly change your technique (you have to consider if this is good or bad, less likely to injure yourself, but with a change of technique intially your weights will probably regress) and all I would try and do is press through the heel more, and this goes back to you talking about going back to lifting in oly shoes (I think you said that earlier in the thread anyway?)

Going to try and stop doing these longwinded posts now.
» For The Depth Nazi's (Go to post)12-05-2010 @ 16:55 
Post Edited: 12.05.2010 @ 17:00 PM by MattF
BigMacca said:
Any tips? Is it really possible to squat with a straight shin without using a squat suit (I'm not sure that I've ever seen it)?
The knee movement seems to come in when the force is being transitioned from my arse to my quads - I'm trying to keep it under control but it's hard work on a heavy set....

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

The knee movement is due to your adductors helping your glutes to extend your hips, as they do so they also pull the legs in, hence the valgus (knees come in) movement. It happens on your heavier sets more notably because you are having to move a greater load and your glutes need help. To prevent it your glutes need to extend the hip without too much adductor help, which comes back to position of the shins and the involvement of the quads and adductors, compared to the hams and glutes, ie. knees over toes more quads, knees and toes in line, posterior chain, hams and glutes (and better for injury prevention, ACL etc.).

If all this is old news to you, sorry and ignore me, hope it helps though.

And should have really started with this, they are quality squats, the above is just hopefully being constructive.

12345678910 ... ... 979899100101102103104105106107

You are here: HomeForumMattF → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions