REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 149 guests
You are here: HomeForumJFL → View All Posts

View All Posts: JFL

» Eddie Hall pressing (Go to post)18-09-2012 @ 18:58 
Personally you boys are a bit nit picky, anyone that can squat 340 for 2 at ed's age will know that's no easy squat, they both looked good I think everyone forgets about camera angle
» WSM prediction thread (Go to post)11-09-2012 @ 16:47 
Post Edited: 11.09.2012 @ 16:47 PM by JFL
» WSM prediction thread (Go to post)11-09-2012 @ 16:47 
Shaw, Z, Jenkins top 3 don't know what order
Terry in or very near top 3
Radowzski and lalas fight for 5-6
Poundstone , Thor , misha , Ervin Fill the rest

It's unclear to be honest but il stand by my top 4 the rest il wait to see !!! It'll depend on if Burke gets through instead of radowzski. A lot of experienced boys there and a few newish to the final if they get there , but a great year for a lot of maybes and what ifs!!
» 200kg log off blocks (Go to post)09-09-2012 @ 00:48 
TobyCutler said:He was 23 stone when I saw him a few weeks ago..... much bigger than 105 now!!

Didnt go to worlds though no

Hes not 23 stone i saw the scales myself and hes well over 26 stone massive for 5'0" f**k all hahahahaha, hes is the one one and only from NEC and had the 105 log press record of 175kg 2 years ago massive presser ! but sorry to dihearten you toby but he probably not even 20 stone at a push but im sure he love knowing you thing hes a The Hulk !!! lol
» Predications on UK strongest man 2012 (Go to post)28-08-2012 @ 19:47 
Pre comp felt and had a plan to keep in top 4 for the first 2 days and blow out on the last day! It went to plan apart from cocking up 2 events and admittedly neither were my favourite event (the conans and drag).

Day 1

Event 1
There were some good distances that day with ed hall getting the furthest and Chris gearing getting the fastest time on one length and finished with a hip thrust which was impressive as the shield was 200kg, I had a good pick up followed by a good 3 steps and then the shield slipped down my arms and made about 3/4 of a length. Putting me about 4th
Event 2
The titanic grip test 175kg per hand ( Hercules hold). Most of the boys in my group got around 10 seconds so I just needed to more than that and I got about 15 seconds, Chris gearing got close to a minute with the overall best time I believe. Putting me about 3rd
Event 3
I originally wanted to just get through to the final round 4 and drop out but being the heaviest guy and my rugby history I went for it and came out top in my group. Putting me first.
Event 4
Ultimate log lift 150 kg for reps both Chris and ed got 3 reps each. I got 1 rep. Which put me in joint second with johnny Kelly. This log was both wide in length and the handles were wide set and it was designed for presses really!

At the end of day 2 Chris first me 2 nd
Day 2
Event 1
Olympic snatch 90 kg for reps. Event hated by most but if I'm honest I like the different events. I got 9 reps and Chris got 10 putting me 2 nd and Chris first. Admittedly Chris nailed this and every rep looked spot on!
Event 2
Stones onto platform ( I think they were 110-160). Most had done top 4 stones except Chris and johnny Kelly who got the last stone I went for it but I wasn't supposed to as only needed top 4 ! So didn't want to push it ! I. Came third in this event Chris first
Event 3
Giants table lift, not a lot to say other than both me and Chris now hold the world record for this event at 675 kg and could do more ! both me and Chris came joint 1st.
Event 4
Human wheel barrow 500kg, was a fun event with Chris first and me second by .02 seconds. I'm proud of that as I know Chris is a bolt on gamma radiation.

After day 2 Chris was leading with me second
Through to the final me, Chris, johnny Kelly , Micky wheel an, Tom shaw, mark Lawson, ed hall, Simon Johnston.

Final
Event 1
Stone load and 400 kg chain and anchor drag. NOt a good event for me I fluffed my dragg as I had no grip and could hold the chain and got in the wrong position to pull. I came 7 unfortunately and Chris I believe came 3rd. Ed leading
Event 2
Axel deadlift for max. Me, Chris and Tom got to 330kg matching the current record and ed got the new record at 340 kg. We started at 250 kg and went up in 10 kg increments.
Event 3
Ultimate truck pull. Heaviest guy won - me ! With Chris 2nd and ed 3rd. Admittedly I think everyone's legs are tired at this point.
Event 4
Titanic compass 300kg. This is my event is my nemesis. I got 5th I think but it was a PB for me so I was happy. Ed got 1.75 circles and won this event.
Event 5
Strongman push and pull medley. This was a great event! This was a press followed by a load. Stage 1 was 140 log and 225kg power stair, second stage was 78kg dumbbell and 250kg power step, and 160 axel and 275kg power step. Chris came first, me second .

Overall Ed Hall 1st, me 2nd, Chris gearing 3rd, Nicky Whelan 4th, Tom Shaw 5th, Johnny Kelly 6th, Simon Johnston 7th, Mark Lawson 8th.

Great performances from Chris Gearing couldn't speak any higher for this guy, Tom Shaw because of competing on 2 days on knackered ankles, Mark Lawson for still being able to get into top 8 after being in the game for years, both Nicky Whelan and Alex Hunter for competing on short notice, Ed Hall, and mr Gardner had a very unfortunate day 1. All the other boys from Wales and Scotland were all really nice blokes and look forward to competing with you all again soon.
» Giants Live - Hungry (Go to post)17-06-2012 @ 20:44 
Well done to Jack on 2nd and well done to Chris on 5th all good stuff for next year!!
» UKSC Englands Strongest Man Final 2012 (Go to post)08-06-2012 @ 20:24 
JC said:
Maybe I'm being thick, but how the f**k do you load a duck walk (if its a plate loadable one) to anything above 48-52"?

Last year it was matt to matt but if you want im sure they can put a high platform in for ya! and you'll need your waders haha
» 'Vikingr Strongman' 2013 (Go to post)29-04-2012 @ 18:00 
looks brilliant, great advertisement and marketing for Strongman. Well Done mark
» UKSC Englands Strongest Man Final 2012 (Go to post)29-04-2012 @ 17:58 
any word on the events??
» UKSC Englands Strongest Man Final 2012 (Go to post)25-04-2012 @ 07:53 
good point tom,i wont lie but to be honest i still like comps that are close to home haha
» UKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012 (Go to post)20-04-2012 @ 18:04 
yer unfortunately the comp is cancelled due to only getting 4 competitors. These boys go through to the final automatically! Its a real shame it came to this i was looking forward to this comp and have been training for this for a few months now. But nevermind moving on, us southern lads will see you boys in the final and best of luck to the boys competing in the other qualifyers over the next 2 weeks!!

The boys that are through:
Paul Carter
Chris Gearing
Will Egan
Myself
» UKSC Englands Strongest Man Final 2012 (Go to post)20-04-2012 @ 17:59 
In all fairness ive driven up to far north of England and just stayed the night before, the big comps are worth the travel and yer it would be good to alternate but lets be honest i dont think we should be discussing travel we all do this cause we love the sport and the travel is worth it for the big comps!
» UKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012 (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 19:34 
cheers terry, means a lot bud
» UKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012 (Go to post)19-04-2012 @ 18:43 
the weights are good! there should be no excuses with weights at this level especially if they want to go to the UK's and if you want to go up a level you have to push yourself. More so now with world records getting bigger and faster every year!! The only thing im not keen on is the cut half way and that may be a reason.

Also the Royal Counties comp for that day in all fairness was posted long before this qualifyer was posted and IMO they shouldn't of done it on the same date.

I think there are enough competitors down here i just thinks its bad timing IMO!
Its unfortunate that the numbers for this comp are low and hope the numbers perk up before the deadline as im looking forward to this comp! Its nice to fight for your position and feel youve earned a place!
» UKSC Englands strongest Man southern Qualifier 2012 (Go to post)18-04-2012 @ 21:17 
its expensive down here tom, you northern lads dont know how lucky you are haha

You are here: HomeForumJFL → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions