REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 67 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumplonker → View All Posts

View All Posts: plonker

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

» Knees going inward on squat any help? (Go to post)16-06-2011 @ 10:13 
agree with butty... vmo weak compared to outside quads... start doing atg olympic squats... way more vmo recruitment than powerlifting style squats
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)09-06-2011 @ 21:25 
cheers mr cuddles and joni...

bw is about 97-98 ish...

and yes joni very much looking forward to englands... we'll have a good tussle i'm sure... :-)
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)08-06-2011 @ 21:27 
so since midlands under 90's pukefest disaster....

loadsa eating and managed to qualify in the midlands u105... 3rd place... lovely stuff...

so last few weeks and until englands, trying to improve yoke by 60 k and squat by 40 k... going surprisingly well....

got southern natural u105 this saturday then englands 2 weeks after...

also nailed a strict press pb today... just less than a year after pec injury... 110.. was a grinder.. but i got it up there... gonna be a tough couple of months....
» Britains Natural Strongest man 2011 SOUTHERN QUALIFIER (Go to post)07-06-2011 @ 20:50 
no truck pull anymore??
» Power briefs (Go to post)29-05-2011 @ 15:51 
are they easier to get used to than a suit?? how much do they give?
» What do the storm troopers think of darth vader? (Go to post)19-05-2011 @ 13:23 
i'm more puzzled about the "blast shield" that obi-wan makes luke use on his helmet while training... so it protects your eyes from a "blast" yet obviously means you can't see s**t.. never saw anyone use these blast shields in all 6 movies
» midlands strongest man under 105kg 2011 (Go to post)16-05-2011 @ 20:35 
Cheers will... appreciate the time and effort you put in to yesterday...

all the usual thanks.. jt + helpers etc..

well done to all competitors.. especially bish.. awesome display

really really pleased with qualifying.. didn't expect to.. just turned up and did my best.. events seemed to suit me quite well so that probably helped.. and considering i ruptured my pec less than a year ago i couldn't be more chuffed...

looking forward to getting my ass handed to me at englands + britains.. goals... don't come last or get back broken by the squat... Tongue
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)26-04-2011 @ 20:34 
was weighing in at 93 ish in the morning post piss the week up to the comp... was on very low carbs so water retention was low anyway....

stopped solid food thursday afternoon... shakes and pills friday.. and no water from 5pm friday.... might have overdone it.. weighed in at 88.5 i think...

was fairly tough training hard and getting bodyfat down to that level... was starting to look like a bodybuilder... (upperbody at least)
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)26-04-2011 @ 20:23 
ha ha cheers ed......
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)24-04-2011 @ 12:51 
cheers andy..

thanks mr baldt

yeah june to december was tough last year.. don't bench anymore...

respect to you for getting back on the bench with big weights... i saw talk of 140 for 20 at one point?? crazy...

i'm way too scared of it going again.. mine went going up from the bottom.. that snappin feeling will haunt me forever...
» Boar competing in the midlands strongest man under 90kg (Go to post)24-04-2011 @ 10:13 
great stuff mr boar
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)24-04-2011 @ 09:44 
ha ha.... awesome
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)24-04-2011 @ 09:35 
cheers boar..

think our techniques were pretty similar.. although clearly more steam in the engine for you to get ten...

ate so much last night weighed only just over 90 today...

really enjoyed the comarardery sp? of the whole day.. good bunch of guys...

we should sort out a date for me and glen to come train up at yours will..

anyone get a video of the epic puking??
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)24-04-2011 @ 08:48 
so.. lesson learned... too big to diet down for an under 90...

made weigh in... dehydrated and having not eaten very much at all for the last day or so...

so got straight on rehydrating/carbing up...

turns out my stomach wasn't interested... fluids just sat there for the whole 90 mins before the comp started...

(midlands u90 by the way)

axle not a bad event for me..

got 8 didn't feel too bad during... felt s**t afterwards

anvil- should have been good for me.... but had an anvil pressing on a very bloated stomach.. felt like puking after 50... dropped a 67 and puked a bit

deadlift- 14 reps.. pleased with this after anvil.. felt s**t after

deadlift hold- rubbish.. 22 seconds, slightly s**t ac joint started to really feel painful after 10 seconds...

still really struggling to get any decent amount of fluids in me without feeling bloated...

medley- smashed the first 4 items in 50 secs... then died... felt like vomming... finally picked up sandbag with a lot of encouragement and started carrying it... bit of puke cam out while i was walking and sprayed a bit on dave meer.. oops... tried my best to load it.. then time was up... collapsed.. puked a bit.... got up laid down outside... puked some more....

tug o war-

for pride really... couldn't qualify now..

was up against the boar- bout 1 he smashed me, bout 2 got my head on and got on it.. 1 all...

last bout- EPIC!! felt like it lasted a minute... watching the vid at one point my back foot was a hairs width from the line.. somehow managed to get back to win it.. had a little puke afterwards

semis- lost to dick i think ( guy who came second) he was very good at this event.. i was well beaten

3rd place play off-

against jamie- ha my technique kind of sorted by now so did well.. won 2-0... then guess what- puked my whole stomach up... so much that the final had to be moved...

so pretty much spent the whole day feeling awful, thirsty/bloated couldn't rehydrate, puked all day long...

never again.. all about the 105's

well done to boar and everyone else who qualfied...
» John R's journal of 'seeya later pec' (Go to post)08-04-2011 @ 18:58 
so decided to do try u 90's, doing the midlands in 2 weeks... trying to lose a few pounds right now... but training is going pretty well...

what a rubbish entry

12345678910 ... ... 2021222324252627282930

You are here: HomeForumplonker → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto