REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 207 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumWILLSAN → View All Posts

View All Posts: WILLSAN

12345678910 ... ... 10151016101710181019102010211022102310241025

» Zercher midget's lazy hunt for glory (Go to post)21-05-2020 @ 08:08 
good to hear you are ok wayne!
» The Epic of Gilgamesh (Go to post)20-05-2020 @ 13:01 
Training today:

Wide grip chins:

BW 3 x 5
BW+5kg x 8

Pull ups:

BW 3 x 5
BW+5kg x 8

V-Bar rows:

40kg 3 x 5
52.5kg x 8

Hang:

BW+10kg for 118secs PB
» Raw. Like, real RAW raw (Go to post)20-05-2020 @ 10:35 
JCarter123 said:I switched to raw and my back has never been better. I would still use a belt in comp for squats as it adds 20kg but for deadlifts I get no benefit any more. Also given up with straps.

I have to use chalk though, my hands get so sweaty.

Maybe if I didn’t use chalk my grip would improve though...

im the opposite. for some reason gripping the bar, be it mixed (the worst by far), hook or overhand my back is more likely to pop out. straps are the safest variation for me.
» AMH_Power. Thank you. (Go to post)20-05-2020 @ 10:25 
https://i.giphy.com/media/wJ51sM6BekluSztT31/giphy.webp

Rick said:
We don't have "likes" on here, so this is me thanking all involved for a slice of positivity.

**petition for a new like smilie**
» The Epic of Gilgamesh (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 14:26 
Training today:

Deadlift:

100kg x 5
120kg x 5
140kg x 5
160kg x 3
180kg x 3

Squat:

40kg x 10
50kg x 10
60kg x 20

vid:

» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 14:13 
JohnGym said:Boris Johnson is a c**t and so are his supporters.

I have nothing more to add.

» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 13:53 
JohnGym said:Everyone vulnerable should be protected by the job retention scheme, everyone else should go back to work and get the economy open.

I f**king hate the Tories and their supporters. Utter c**ts.

are these statements related?

havent heard anyone from the political class of either colour calling for this.

other than this guy..

right now, playing party politics just weakens the power of the people and strengthens the hands of those playing political games with the publics lives and livelihoods.
» coronavirus (Go to post)19-05-2020 @ 10:47 
slimsim said:
I'm not sure suspect quality vaccines get released and they also go through rigorous testing to confirm they work. The whole anti-vax brigade may want you to believe otherwise, and yes, there are risks as there are with anything but I'm not sure there's a massive risk in having a vaccine compared with say choking on a fish bone, tripping and banging your head and dying, being in a fatal car crash etc.

the risk with a vaccine in this situation is that it will be rushed through testing. it simply will not be possible to assess whether there will be any long term negative effects on those who take it due to the time constraints.

and some of the front runners are RNA vaccines which have never been used on a human population before.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/covid-19-mrna-bas...

we have no idea what the long term consequences could be of introducing a vaccine like this on a large scale could be.

given what we are finding out about the virus I believe the government should be pushing a public health campaign to promote supplementation of vitamin d, c and zinc - even subsidising them. they should also be telling it straight that being obese is putting you at much higher risk and promoting ways to support people with loosing weight to protect themselves. we know this is safe and even would have a negative risk benefit.

compare that approach to risking the health of the healthy and unhealthy populations on a vaccine that will be rushed through development with safety bars lowered to speed the process along.

unfortunately vitamins and exercise will not make billions for the pharmaceutical industry and we have become a society that would rather pop a pill than take responsibility for our own health.
» Eddie Hall vs Thor Björnsson boxing match (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 16:47 
BigMacca said:
The Viking Press incident was the least controversial thing at WSM 2017 - All it boils down to is an athlete not agreeing with an officials decision (big wow).
Bryce's judging was all over the place, but Ed was going to win that event all day, every day.
What they don't want to show however, is how it was just another perceived issue on top of a few others:
  • Eddie getting info about the events months before the other athletes (allegedly)
  • Events being changed last minute to better suit Eddie (allegedly) - e.g. Drag taken out for tyre flip, stone platforms lowered, being allowed to rest/put the equipment down on the Viking press
  • Favourable judging for Eddie (e.g. super quick down calls on the deadlift)

The above actually lead to Thor and Shaw (well, minus the viking press for Shaw) threatening to pull out mid competition.
But all of that is commonplace in strongman, especially Giants Live/WSM events - It's just part of the game and they all know about it (how many associations got thrown at Terry Todd over the years for tailoring the events to suit Big Z?)
Thor acted like a little girl about WSM 2017, no two ways about it.
Whatever happened with event selection/changes, Ed still had to turn up and do the business and he did just that!
The current media onslaught by Giants live is to make Ed look like less of a sore loser about the 501kg deadlift - Now that Thor looks like he's done with strongman (and clearly doesn't like Bryce), they have no reason not to go after him as they are Team Eddie all the way.
Strongman is moving more away from being a sport than it ever was with all this bulls**t.
It was bad enough when it was being treated as just a TV show, but it's now turning into reality TV Unhappy

https://i.giphy.com/media/wJ51sM6BekluSztT31/giphy.webp
» rep range for tendon strength (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 14:46 
cheers for the input lads. much appreciated.

I have added in super light 20 rep squats and deads in to my warm up routine before every session. still pondering on how to incorporate the heavy/slow/low rep ideas onto my routine. kinda scared of doing anything approaching heavy with squats as that is how I injured it in the first place. deads feel a lot safer so, for now at least, I think im going to try and build in to working with heavier loads there.
» The Epic of Gilgamesh (Go to post)18-05-2020 @ 13:28 
Training today:

Incline axle press:

50kg 3 x 5
60kg x 5
67.5kg x 6

Axle bench press:

50kg x 5
60kg x 5
70kg x 5
80kg x 6

Axle hang:

BW+5kg for 40secs

handicapped by a godzilla level hangover.

vid:

» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 18:11 
v close! but no bueno. Unhappy
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 17:53 
JimLifts said:212.5 wasn't hard, but there was a wobble at the top in the arms i think...hope I'm wrong and he gets 230!

50:50 for me after that.
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 17:41 
feckin thing keeps timing out.
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 15:48 
dannyboy73 said:
can we have a link please sir Happy

as far as I can tell its only streaming here:

https://coresports.world

have to sign up but it is free.

12345678910 ... ... 10151016101710181019102010211022102310241025

You are here: HomeForumWILLSAN → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2020 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto