REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 29 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumdanbaseley → View All Posts

View All Posts: danbaseley

12345678910 ... ... 189190191192193194195196197198199

» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)15-10-2019 @ 00:12 
Strict Log: 2 x 10 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 10 x 10 sets

Overhead Triceps Extensions: 20 x 2 sets
Facepulls: 20 x 2 sets

Rotator Cuff stuff
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)15-10-2019 @ 00:05 
Billytheold said:
There is so so much out there nowadays. A dusty toy that is part of a collection of insanity. I saw the thread with people listing their equipment. I didnít know where to begin there.
Do you know?
https://youtu.be/GFkCOBYTy0s

I do. I love a bit of hip hop, so I was down with the House of Pain in the 90s.
» Koklyaev vs A. Emelianenko (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 23:40 
Jesus.

He's going to bleed like a stuck pig, if the brim of a baseball cap did that to him.
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 23:38 
Post Edited: 13.10.2019 @ 21:27 PM by danbaseley
Billytheold said:Sometimes I entertain people with a string 18Ē off the ground and pick up over the string. My non lifting buddies enjoy this event.

https://www.roguefitness.com/hub-style-pinch-gripper?gclid=EAIaIQob...

Nice hub that!
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 23:37 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:140kg is impressive!

Having had a go, I think they elongate slightly and it becomes a bit like a pinch hold, which adds difficulty. Good theory?

You might well be right. They probably deform toward a slight tear drop shape and that diminishes the ability to apply force in the same way an axle does.
» WESTSIDE BARBELL (Netflix) (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 23:34 
The film would have been better had they addressed some of the "issues" with the gym - Louis says in the film that Vogelpohl never tapered and left his best lifts in the gym. But, other lifters said Louis gave everyone s**t for tapering and deloading, or even taking it easy once in a while.

Then there was the en masse federation hopping, to whichever meets would allow them to squat the highest, or - for instance - Dave Hoff to have knee wraps rolled up under his bench shirt.

(This actually happened)

I like the Westside method. I just feel it was a bit too much of a puff piece as a film.
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 17:55 
I did 140kg with ye olde Fat Gripz.

You'd think it would be easier than an axle, but it ain't!!!!

I also did some weighted hangs with them. Both are harder than they should be.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 09:51 
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)11-10-2019 @ 19:55 
PaulSavage said:I'm not sure ill post again on this forum, it's just full of bulls**t trolls with nothing better to do. Cant be arsed with it.

Sugden got me like.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/ggPkoYf4OdZpK5lpaH/giphy.gif
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)11-10-2019 @ 16:07 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Do you have a PB for DOH DL with Fat Gripz?

I find it much harder.

Maybe 140kg.

I might give it a go this weekend and see - as I haven't done it in ages.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)11-10-2019 @ 15:54 
PaulSavage said:
Very possibly the most ridiculous post ive read..maybe not theres been a lot but it's like a blind squirrel talking about how to be good at tennis to a tennis coach who just got someone to four world titles. Your beyond clueless.
Obviously never said use a heavy week to recover cns (please feel free to post that none existent quote). I dont do this for me, i don't stay up till 1am at the gym coaching her to get up at 5am for work the next day for fun, that doesn't benefit me and ive gained nothing at all from being her coach and have sacrificed my own training massively when i was competing at a very high level in grip. Ive not helped her through severe ptsd / axiety etc for me either, it doesnt benefit me. You know absolutely nothing about our relationship.
As for my coaching, if it wasnt good she wouldnt get good results, simple as that. Everyone at the top level in sports has good genetics, and the rest shes competing against are on gear - did you put any thought into this post? You think the others who have been training for 2-3-4-5 times as long as her and take gear sit on there arses most the time or something? Just a slight bit of common sense is all that's needed here. Theres zero chance she could be anywhere near them drug free at this point if she wasn't doing everything right or nigh on, zero chance.
As for another coach, again this is a case of you knowing nothing about Becca. She wouldnt do it if someone wasnt here 24/7, she wouldnt even go to the gym that often, she not self motivated enough, not for doing things to this level (almost nobody is for that matter). I make sure she gets enough water, takes all her supplements, salts her meals, eats right and often enough, gets enough sleep, i do massage for her, i make sure she warms up right, i make sure she stretches, im there every recovery session, through every training session making critical changes there and then when it needs to happen. None of this would happen with any online coach no matter how good they was and she couldnt afford one in person.
By the way, what is it you think is bad about how i train / coach her? Anything specific about any routines? Training methods? Curious as i pretty much use all stuff from various high level lifters that have all had great success mixed with basic principles that have worked for a very long time.

There's a metaphor in here somewhere:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y0CyiZ9YNM9Aejr3Yj/giphy.gif
» I can't stop until the end. (Go to post)10-10-2019 @ 18:26 
They had massage from a physio at work today - for free!!!

The lady gave me a really good pummelling to the neck and shoulder.

I was very impressed.
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)10-10-2019 @ 18:25 
Billytheold said:Okay dan. Hereís the scoop on Aycade.
1:15 am m. I am a person with old man canít sleep at night. Soís the wifey beside me I play the video. Cold sleep she wakes up and says shut that /:; hut#>|.up man! Anyways I didnít listen and danced around when it rapped. Liked it thank you. Good one. I seen some of the noggins your way. I look like I much younger than my age.

I'm glad you liked it Billy.

It was a very funny series. Apparently, it cost quite a lot of money to make everything look so cheap - and then not that many people watched, ergo only one series.
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)10-10-2019 @ 09:00 
Warm Up
Revrse Hypers
Bird dogs

Pause Squats up to 140kg

Hammer Leg Press: 150kg x 10

Banded GHRs: 10 x 3 sets

Leg Extensions: Stack x 10, then drop set with 3 plates off each time

Calf Raises: 200kg x 15

Reverse Hypers: 15 x 3 sets
» Can't squat. Can't bench. Can deadlift....a little. (Go to post)10-10-2019 @ 08:58 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:How's the hip?

Ah - I have started doing these over the last few days: twice a day

Fingers crossed, it is getting a little less painful.

12345678910 ... ... 189190191192193194195196197198199

You are here: HomeForumdanbaseley → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto