REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 166 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral_ill → View All Posts

View All Posts: General_ill

12345678910 ... ... 875876877878879880881882883884885

» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 16:34 
PaulSavage said:
Really?? Have you been in there? The staff have always been great with us and everybody has been cool, we both get a lot of support and nice comments. Lot of them follow strongman. Can't fault the place at all, that's why we got the sponsorship with them.

I’ve been in and I know a few of the staff. I don’t know any other strongmen they train there. Although few of my members do have membership go on occasion so may have been them. In fact it’s them that tell me the majority of the people are c**ts.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 16:10 
PaulSavage said:
they all talk about how big I am or how much weight I'm lifting.

That x4less you lift in though is full of c**ts.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 15:23 
LessThanLuke said:
I have almost 20" arms weighing 110kg.
21" at 170+ is not something you should brag about.

bet im not far behind you luke at 91kg (im mega jacked though)
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 13:52 
PaulSavage said:
There's no possible way he could fix me for next week, I'm in a really bad way and that's just too soon. I'd be worried id end up in a wheelchair trying those kind of weights that fast. I can't stand up properly as it is. Personally I think the 6 weeks Becca's physio has said is super optimistic to be lifting anything decent as dont think I've ever felt pain like this.
HOWEVER, I will message you about him, interested in graston.
Edit - will video some for you, of Becca's and mine (but its always very simple stuff)

he fixed marks groin in one session, hes the best in the country with the tools, if he could fit you in you'd be sorted, kenetic massage on insta ste is who i see but either of his staff are good check him out shame to miss out after you was going good
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 13:18 
Post Edited: 28.02.2018 @ 13:19 PM by General_ill
PaulSavage said:Just did some rehab. Basic movement / stretching stuff. Will do it again later. Have got very little range at this point. Pain hasn't gone down much at all.

Do you video this stuff as I said I do very little would be interested too see if it’s useful for me.

If you really wanted to compete next week I could get you in with the massage man I use. He does graston techniques it’s quite brutal but he’s all I use and he keeps me together I see him about once every 6 wks in season and he will probably fix you I’m sure
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 13:15 
matthewvc said:
Why not use a normal farmers apparatus that you can tilt forward
and get momentum - also training on same type used in real competition?
when we do them at conditioning typically 100-120kg per hand
for us powerlifters - strongmen like mark Steele and Marian 160kg per hand.
national opens caliber is big weight and twinkle toed foot speed.
surely trying to move fast with such a light weight is like trying to improve a 250kg bench by repping 60kg?

I think this was dans point. He made before.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 12:33 
PaulSavage said:
Old ladies can out lift you

Lol.

This again shows you can’t really coach people. Imagine if you had a client do 10x40m runs and they got injured. You’d be sue’d. It’s one of the reasons I don’t coach, I barley know how to train my self nevermind someone else. Better off staying at carpet right and utilising the free strength training that job provides.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)28-02-2018 @ 11:32 
macroth said:I'm confused about the five sets of 40kg farmers and 135kg yoke (if I read correctly). That's neither conditioning nor a warm-up nor anything, really. And they caused shin splints? How long was each run? Confused
novice u63k girls warm up with this maybe was training a client ?
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)27-02-2018 @ 17:12 
This all points to my earlier post and I ain’t being a dick. Strongman is hard on be body and your it seems can’t take it. I don’t put anywhere near as much thought into recovery and training as you write about in here. But I’m far less injury prone. And regularly max out weight and reps. I’m even older than you are.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)26-02-2018 @ 22:02 
PaulSavage said:Well so much for not wanting to get injured, I've hurt my left hip really badly doing a slow walk - can't f**king believe it. Was getting ready for events just walking through house and suddenly got a crippling pain in left hip/lower back. Its burning like f**k and can only stand up about 3/4 of the way, pretty much in agony with any movement. No idea what I've done or how its possibly happened. Feels similar to what I did to the other side but more into hip and more painful. Can't see any way I can compete in 2.5 weeks unless by some miracle I wake up tomorrow feeling fine. Hopefully that's what happens but feels really inflamed so can't see it Unhappy

Some people just ain’t built for strongman. Maybe you are one of them
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)12-02-2018 @ 19:36 
Post Edited: 12.02.2018 @ 19:39 PM by General_ill
I was impressed by this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfG57ELnQW7/
» Freezing egg yolks? (Go to post)06-02-2018 @ 21:53 
Just eat them.
» Losing the chub (Go to post)03-02-2018 @ 13:26 
foxy said:Has anyone here ever deliberately lost a significant amount of excess weight/flab (10ishkg or more) to lean down and been satisfied with how much strength they maintained? Did you do anything special (manipulating/cyclcing carbs, fasted morning cardio etc) or just eat less calories?

Also lets say over a reasonable timescale (e.g. 2-6 months, rather than a multiyear odyssey).

Discuss.

Many years ago I dropped from 17st to 12st then back to 14 to complete at U90k actually got stronger in some lifts. But I’d say lose the weight then get stronger I’m now stronger than I ever was at 17st in much better shape.
» FOR SALE (Go to post)03-02-2018 @ 12:32 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:That's a shame General. Any comps down this way that interest you? Grin

Not really ahaha
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)03-02-2018 @ 12:25 
PaulSavage said:
Meh they won't really see the results of my programming in 6 weeks, even if I smash it, you don't go from doing no event training or real heavy lifting in years to hitting any sort of peak in 8 weeks (especially when you start with a slipped disk and get shin splints day 3). Saying this, overall I'm really happy with how things are going considering and I will be putting a lot of work in the coming weeks. The plan is simply to say f**k all that, be my biggest / strongest ever and qualify for England's.

If you qualify for England’s you theory is proved in my opinion good luck man.

12345678910 ... ... 875876877878879880881882883884885

You are here: HomeForumGeneral_ill → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions