REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 145 guests
You are here: HomeForumJoni → View All Posts

View All Posts: Joni

12345678910 ... 1272 ... 12731274127512761277127812791280128112821283

» Sugden vs Edinburgh (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 16:08 
Originally posted by Olly...
Joni man, dont forget deadlift for reps. I was thinking 250kg in 90 seconds, what does everyone reckon?!!?!Grin Grin

thats sounds like a plan Grin
» Sugden vs Edinburgh (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 15:59 
all i know i want to see Jonathan & Olly go head to head on farmers, Yoke, log and Stones Grin That will be something to watch and it will be a close call, i'm sure both will push themselves like never before.
» Adam's Relentless Log: Its all about heart... (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 15:34 
i wish this f**ker would keep his log up to date so we could a) give him even more abuse and b) congratulate him on the rare occasions when the lifting was good.

Like yesterday, that 215kg squat was like a feather, indeed it looked like a first rep of a triple. Unlucky with the 222.5kg - form went because of lack of heavy squatting in your training for a while.
» my next routine (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 15:27 
comments?

------------

Routine till end of November

Goals:
1. make some time for busy life schedule coming up in next two months and cut down to three times/week
2. focus on bringing up my lagging bench
3. slightly more deadlift focused lower body work
4. increase in lat work and shoulder health work

Day 1 - Wednesday

Deadlifts - heavyish singles and back down to three singles focusing on speed

Optional: occasionally rack pulls or platform deads if lower back feels up for it

Push press

pull-ups (have this on deadlift day because it lenghtens the spine nicely)

Day 2 - friday

Bench Press - details yet to be decided. Most likely will back down in weight and reps and build up again aiming to reach triples with 125kg. Should focus more on singles, but could get the same effect by focusing on the quality of the first rep with my triples.

Barbell row

Dumbell press or narrow grip board press

Rotator cuff work

Day 3 - Sunday

Squats - much like deadlifts, except back off to doubles

Shoulder press - dumbell or barbell, strict.

Stiff Legged deadlifts

Abs
» What's in your gym bag? (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 15:12 
never, and i mean never, show any disrespect to the glorious Golds Gym straps which are solely responsible for the disappearance of my neck.
» What's in your gym bag? (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 14:54 
belt
chalk (ran out now though)
wrist wraps
straps (until now - RIP - Adam left them to the strongman gym in Fife!)
caffeine drink (9 times out of 10 a can of Red Rooster)
ibuprofein gel
20p coins for lockers (piling quite a few, people seem to leave them around)
membership card
converse shoes on squat and deadlift days
shorts
» Squat PB Video (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 14:51 
good stuff mate, plenty more in the tank!
» overtraining symptoms (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 14:36 
dog tired, aching joints, bad sleep, creeping cold, sore throath, lost apetite... Sound familiar?

I am thinking of either taking this week off or go ridiculously light. And let this day become famous for Joni NOT injuring himself but actually cycling back down for his own free will! First time for everything Grin
» north west equipped open 29th of Oct (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 14:33 
Tokar is competing, but who are planning to go watch this comp?

Wayne, who has trained with the Edinburgh Cult folks few times will be competing too sporting a familiar looking Metal singlet Wink

I'd definitely like to go and watch unless family matters come in way (rochelles b-day...)
» Sugden vs Edinburgh (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 14:30 
i think it will be mainly Jonathan vs Olly, and then rest of us can go head to head in other categories. Buzz is making great gains with the toys - i would not be suprised if he would beat me by early next year. Alex is a skinny bodybuilder ( Wink ) but a strong one and will probably make leaps and bounds with gains now after moving to live in the strength cult house. he already nailed that 100kg stone didn't he?

Buzz & Jonathan, should Spug be counted in the cult house team since he is kind of scottish Grin If Wayne comes along, he should remain neutral because otherwise we get our arses handed to us...

Jo could take on Kathryn?

So my suggestion:

Jonathan, Buzz and Olly, plan the events and set a date. Go heavy.
» The Legend of Toothpick (Go to post)16-10-2006 @ 10:59 
good to see you back in the game mate - how does the strength feel after recovering from cold?

Solid session though!
» Do not trust the sugden scales! (Go to post)15-10-2006 @ 21:50 
Weighed my self twice in a week in sugden: 107.4kg and 108kg - i thought it was really frustrating because of the huge amounts of food i have been put away during my GFH.

In edinburgh i tried three scales and the consensus was that the one which showed 110-112kg was most reliable, perhaps a bit generous. I then weighed myself at a petrol station which gave me 111kg with shoes and extra shorts on, so maybe 110kg - sounds about right?

Who to trust here! I shall complain to the Sugden manager!
» GFH without killing anyone (Go to post)15-10-2006 @ 21:47 
squats
5x60
5x100
4x140
1x170
1x190
1x200
1x207.5kg new pb
1x212.5kg new PB!

firstly, i was wearing my competition singlet - i know it is raw and all, but the tightness really helps. Walkouts were awful, the weight felt like a ton! But once i started to move, it was ok.

The 212.5kg was not too bad, but the depth was questionable. This left me feeling quite unhappy about it because i was thinking if i should claim it as a PB or not. After watching the video couple times i think i'll take it as a PB - not a good lift, borderline, and with a bit of good morning thrown in. Could have dug it up from deeper as well, no problems.

Thats all, i was wasted afterwards and my peak has been reached i think. I will take time off till wednesday and start new lighter cycle then, though haven't decided what to do with my bench press (after all, i have only put 2.5kg to my bench PB in the past 8 months, so understandably i am eager to turn my recent work into a PB!). Hopefully will reach new heights again in about 6 weeks time!
» Jonathan's Log (Go to post)15-10-2006 @ 21:40 
s**t mate - that was an awful a lot of work. Awesome lifting Jono, that 130kg stone was especially impressive.

Now you need to use your persution skills to get Deckerz to do strongman - almost nailing 150kg stone and flipping that 400kg tyre is no mean feat for someone who has done strongman for like twice before in his life Grin He would do ok in the under 105kgs despite his old age Wink

Good work, keep it up!
» GFH without killing anyone (Go to post)13-10-2006 @ 22:59 
Just showed it to rochelle as well Grin Seriously funny, but at the same time a bit disturbing...

but f**k that! Todays session to report!

I am feeling some overtraining creeping in - no suprise there, going h as been good and heavy lately.

But anyways, no time to be a weakling:

bench press
10x60
5x80
3x100
1x110
5,5,5,4,5 x 120 - YES! only missed one rep (Olly did touch the bar on last rep of last set as well, but claims he didn't help Wink ). This is seriously good result.

Dont think i can keep this up no longer, so may pull back now. Will think about this next week.

Pullups
6x3

rotator cuff work from two angles, and rear delt flyes.

12345678910 ... 1272 ... 12731274127512761277127812791280128112821283

You are here: HomeForumJoni → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions