Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

NimbleIcon...05-03-2022 @ 12:21 
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Billwest said:
I actually think China could hold the key to stopping this becoming even more of a bloodbath than it has already become.

I agree, but I’m not sure we’ll see it. i read someone suggest it would be a huge win for China if they could broker a peace deal, and I think they’re right.
BillwestIcon...05-03-2022 @ 12:32 
Member 541, 4894 posts
SQ 192.5, BP 120, DL 222.5
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
Yes, if China plays it right, it is a win/win for them either way
Nimble said:
I agree, but I’m not sure we’ll see it. i read someone suggest it would be a huge win for China if they could broker a peace deal, and I think they’re right.
lukiIcon...05-03-2022 @ 13:26 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Billwest said:
I think what the USA and EU have been complaining about more than the use of cluster bombs and vacuum bombs - has been deliberate Russian shelling of civilians, which is occurring even after both sides have negotiated a temporary ceasefire. How can you justify that?

I don't. Both sides should honor ceasefires. Sporadic shelling in Donbas region from 2014-2022, despite the Minsk 2 treaty started this. The troops on both sides should be disarmed. For Donbas to agree to this Azov Battalion Nazis, Aidar Battalion Nazis and Right Sector anti Russian nationalists should be moved away from Donbas and not allowed form any more "civil defence militia." The new Ukraine foreign legion should work with Interpol to remove any known neo-nazis from Ukraine. Things need to normalise there before any deesculation will be possible. That took 30yrs in Belfast.

Kiev has given over 1m weapons to civilian soldiers to defend the city. Enforcing a ceasefire will be impossible. That's a recipe for chaos.

It's not possible to bomb a fortified military base in a city without collateral damage to adjoining buildings. The missiles have to carry a large enough load to destroy buried reenforced concrete. Anything in half a km will be in danger. Ending the war/opperation is the only way to stop the deaths.
BillwestIcon...05-03-2022 @ 14:37 
Member 541, 4894 posts
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
luki said:
I don't. Both sides should honor ceasefires. Sporadic shelling in Donbas region from 2014-2022, despite the Minsk 2 treaty started this. The troops on both sides should be disarmed. For Donbas to agree to this Azov Battalion Nazis, Aidar Battalion Nazis and Right Sector anti Russian nationalists should be moved away from Donbas and not allowed form any more "civil defence militia." The new Ukraine foreign legion should work with Interpol to remove any known neo-nazis from Ukraine. Things need to normalise there before any deesculation will be possible. That took 30yrs in Belfast.
Kiev has given over 1m weapons to civilian soldiers to defend the city. Enforcing a ceasefire will be impossible. That's a recipe for chaos.
It's not possible to bomb a fortified military base in a city without collateral damage to adjoining buildings. The missiles have to carry a large enough load to destroy buried reenforced concrete. Anything in half a km will be in danger. Ending the war/opperation is the only way to stop the deaths.

My goodness, this post is full of Russian propaganda isn't it? RT clearly hasn't been banned where you are living

Right-wing extremism in Ukraine? How would you quantify that? In the 2019 Ukrainian Presidential election, the far right candidate (Ruslan Koshulynski of the Svobodi party) received 1.62% of the vote. Compare that with 'Mad' Vlad Zhirinovsky, who has competed in every Russian presidential election since 1991, and has said Russia should invade just about everyone, has received between 5 and 10% of the popular vote. So which country has an extremism problem? I'll give you a clue; it is the country that seized Crimea and set up two puppet republics in eastern Ukraine.

Luki, please don't just parrot Russian propaganda. You are wasting your time!

But seriously, do you really think Putin will win here? If, and it's a really big if, Russia wins a victory here, and installs a puppet regime. Do you really think anyone inside of outside Ukraine will accept it? And what of the damage to Russia's standing in the world, and lets face it, it wasn't great before the war.
lukiIcon...05-03-2022 @ 18:33 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.03.2022 @ 18:52 PM by luki
I included a page from Reuters earlier in the thread about Ukraines Nazi problem. They are not Russian.

"But even though Putin is engaging in propaganda, it’s also true that Ukraine has a genuine Nazi problem — both past and present." This is from NBC today.
www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vlad...

This is VICE talking about Ukranonazis dipping bullets in pig fat to shoot Orks.Orks is either a reference to USSR having many Jews in its ranks or Muslim Chechens.
www.vice.com/en/article/xgd73j/ukraine-neo-nazi-battalion-a...

Ukraines army use an SS flag from when Ukraines troops served as concentration camp guards in the second biggest camp in the Third Reich for an active army battalion (Wolfsangel). It's what every Neo-Nazi has down to their bomber jacket.
www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/wolfsangel

You're not going to convince me these are nice guys. They're f**king Nazis.

Putin wants Minsk 2 implemented. It creates a weakened federal Ukraine. It's not a puppet state. This is a Ukrainian news story about Minsk and why nationalists (like the writers) don't like it.
https://euromaidanpress.com/minsk-agreements-faq/
It would effectively guarantee no NATO (neutrality) and a Pro Russian Donbas would have a veto on foreign policies it didn't like (i.e. anti Russian foreign policies.)
BillwestIcon...05-03-2022 @ 18:41 
Member 541, 4894 posts
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.03.2022 @ 18:50 PM by Billwest
luki said:I included a page from Reuters earlier in the thread about Ukraines Nazi problem. They are not Russian.

You're not going to convince me these are nice guys. They're f**king Nazis.

I'm not trying to convince you they are nice guys, I'm sure they aren't, but when countries are invaded by foreign powers, bad s**t happens. All of these groups formed in response to the Russian invasion of Crimea in 2014 and its proxy invasion of Lugansk and Donetsk. Ukraine has been at war with Russia and its proxies since 2014.

The the Donetsk and Lugansk republic forces are full of violent extremist organisations, including Russian special forces. But that seems to be fine for you.

To say that Putin invaded Ukraine to get rid of these forces is complete bo***cks!. Don't you understand the difference between causation and correlation?
lukiIcon...05-03-2022 @ 18:57 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Billwest said:
But that seems to be fine for you.

I actually said both sides should be disarmed and the peace treaty respected. Anyway watching Arnold's. Go Makrov and Novi.
BillwestIcon...05-03-2022 @ 19:52 
Member 541, 4894 posts
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
luki said:
I actually said both sides should be disarmed and the peace treaty respected. Anyway watching Arnold's. Go Makrov and Novi.

Amen to that
lukiIcon...29-09-2022 @ 09:12 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Is anyone following the Corbyn coverage videos Al Jazeera put out on electoral interference by Israel lobby groups and embassy staff linked below? Its crazy to compare the coverage alleged interference in Trumps campaigns got in Britain vs actual video evidence of UK election interference by a foreign power.

There is a synopsis on Mint Press for anyone who doens't like 3hr videos of political wrangling.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/britains-labour-party-became-criminal...
dannyboy73Icon...30-09-2022 @ 17:57 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
a tad off topic but still in merica...

This is why you cant trust mainstream news....

BUSTED.

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitUS Presidency
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions