REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 174 guests

Neck and Lower Back Rehab. What I am doing about it

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

NickJonesIconNeck and Lower Back Rehab. What I am doing about it20-04-2012 @ 17:26 
Member 1728, 287 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 265
650.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.04.2012 @ 17:37 PM by NickJones
Thought I would put this up. For most of you it will probably be of little interest. However some of you may find it useful.

Never know it may help somebody

Injuries

2 discs bulging in neck,plus an ostephyte causing narrowing of spinal canal. Diagnosed in 2007. This causes neck, trap delt and arm pain, weakness and stiffness. I gave up martial arts at this point as sparing is very dangerous with this kind of issue, rehabbed my self and started strongman.

I was doing well up until Oct 2011, then neck got pretty bad. Spasm to the point of not bein able to move the whole of my top half for a couple of days, then pain for months.

Then about 7 weeks ago everything got real s**t. I had tried some training since October, but my usual neck rehab stuff did not work and I could not work out why. Anyway one morning both my neck and back were f**ked.

So turns out i had another issue.

My Sacro Iliac joint locked casuing left leg to be shorter and left foot pronated. this causes back pain, syatic type symptoms, hip pain etc.

Since last post basicaly reted till christmas.tried some training here and ther. in a lot of pain.

Usuall neck rehab stuff not working.

8 weeks ago started with chiropractor. Said iwas tilted forward, almost stooping, this was due to anterior tilt of pelvis, which was due to abbs loosing the battle with my quads and hip flexors. Also left glute not firing (lower cross syndrome). TVA not functioning properly. Psoasand quads very tight.

As pelvis was out of alignment my posture became bad and my neck suffered.

Rehab consisted of specific stretches, some pilates type stuff, glute firing exercises and adjustments by chiro and massage.

Still far from right but defo getting better.

Goals

1st get pain free by adjusting imbalances

2ng gain strength.

Future

Power lifting maybe

Strongman long shot.

If you want to know what I am doing click on my training journal. Also any tips, let me know
drewIcon...20-04-2012 @ 17:30 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Was this meant to be journal? Or is there more to come?

Either way hope it goes well for you
NickJonesIcon...20-04-2012 @ 17:38 
Member 1728, 287 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 265
650.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
drew said:Was this meant to be journal? Or is there more to come?

Either way hope it goes well for you

Thanks for good luck.

I will be posting in my journal
drewIcon...20-04-2012 @ 17:59 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
Ah there was more to come
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions