Who's Online - 0 members and 215 guests

Leg pain from squatting

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dantonIcon...20-11-2011 @ 15:23 
What's RICE?
Member 1478, 525 posts
SQ 300, BP 160, DL 285
745.0 kgs @ 130kgs Eq
Last Thursday and Friday I did some very light squatting, started high and tried down to parallel, thur I had to wrap my thigh, but fri it felt pretty good, still had to wrap thigh wi my knee wraps, but it was at the end of the squats so happy days
FazcIcon...20-11-2011 @ 15:30 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Good to hear Danton.

I definitely feel strongly that especially after 5-6 weeks you really do need to be trying to work it through the full range. Assuming it was a muscle tear which is what it sounds like what you're dealing with is scar tissue forming to cover the area. That is the pain you feel when the muscles are stretched at the bottom position of the squat. Scar tissue isn't as pliable as muscle or as strong, so the advice to work the muscle and get some sort of foam rolling/massage to break up the tissue is the best advice here.

If you train around it the best case scenario is that the scar tissue will hold up but won't ever be as strong and you'll still experience this pain years down the line, worst case scenario is that the scar tissue will eventually tear leaving you in the same position again.
dantonIcon...20-11-2011 @ 20:21 
What's RICE?
Member 1478, 525 posts
SQ 300, BP 160, DL 285
745.0 kgs @ 130kgs Eq
Post Edited: 20.11.2011 @ 20:22 PM by danton
Fazc said:Good to hear Danton.

I definitely feel strongly that especially after 5-6 weeks you really do need to be trying to work it through the full range. Assuming it was a muscle tear which is what it sounds like what you're dealing with is scar tissue forming to cover the area. That is the pain you feel when the muscles are stretched at the bottom position of the squat. Scar tissue isn't as pliable as muscle or as strong, so the advice to work the muscle and get some sort of foam rolling/massage to break up the tissue is the best advice here.

If you train around it the best case scenario is that the scar tissue will hold up but won't ever be as strong and you'll still experience this pain years down the line, worst case scenario is that the scar tissue will eventually tear leaving you in the same position again.

Cheers matey, going to go for full range of motion next week before each session,

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions