REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 140 guests

Physio/Osteo - East Herts area

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

EagleIconPhysio/Osteo - East Herts area05-11-2011 @ 20:31 
Member 1000, 125 posts
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a Physio/sports therapist/Osteopath who deals with sports injuries in the East Herts area (Cheshunt, Hoddesdon and Harlow - I know this is Essex but not far.

I've had hip pain for a almost a year and have seen an Osteo and a Sports Therapist with little improvement.

Thanks
Eagle
SHAMROCKIcon...05-11-2011 @ 21:26 
has magic hands
Member 245, 316 posts
Any x-rays or scans
EagleIcon...05-11-2011 @ 21:48 
Member 1000, 125 posts
Hi there,
No I haven't, always think if I go to the doctors they will just say to stop training and that I'll be waiting weeks/months for a scan/x-ray. Have been doing alot of reading around the subject the last week or so and am now worrying it could be Anterior tilt or Femoral anterior glide syndrome or Hip impingement (femoral acetabular impingement), the latter sounds pretty serious. Think I'm going to book a Doctors appointment next week to get the ball rolling.

The Osteo I saw said it bursitis and the Sports Therapist said pain was due to my low-back being unaligned (which she said she has fixed).

The pain is all around the hip joint (mainly outer side and front) and outer upper thigh, it is worse the deeper I go when I Sq and DL. When really low I get a pain in my upper thigh which almost feels like a knife pushing upwards towards my hip, this forces me to lean forward when I Squat to avoid the pain. I also have a dull ache/pain in my lower back/upper glute on the left side and quite often get a click in this area. My left groin feels like it really needs to click out when I stretch it. When I perform outward hip circles I often feel/hear a clicking. Sleeping on that side also hurts.

Cheers
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions