REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 158 guests

George winston is famous

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

JCIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:27 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
YEP!
Dom, you are right in there being two sides to every story, however, drug testers pretty much NEVER randomly test lifters outside of competition. Or at least if they do, they don't test lifters of George's standard. They'd rather save their money on testing the top national level competitors. So I'd be 99% certain it was done in competition.
Maybe this was why he was being a dick with VG the other day. Probably had his letter through the post!!!

Dom does have a point though. Some substances can be detectable in the system for upto 18 months

Someone could come off, compete a year later, and still test positive
AdamTIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:28 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
1369phil said:
But everybody does it ... so it's ok .
Unless of course everybody doesn't - then it's grossly unfair and a bit sad .

Not everyone does it, there are genuine people who get as strong as hell naturally and enter the tested comps, unfortunately there are those who aint as gifted or work as hard that decide to take a shortcut to the top. Personally if i was to enter a tested comp i would rather come last and know that i am natural, than come first and know that i used peds. Wouldnt be right on the guys that were under me and clean. Anyways this is just my opinion.
1369philIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:30 
doesnt work hard enough in the gym
Member 1492, 2138 posts
SQ 170, BP 145, DL 195
510.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
Not everyone does it, there are genuine people who get as strong as hell naturally and enter the tested comps, unfortunately there are those who aint as gifted or work as hard that decide to take a shortcut to the top. Personally if i was to enter a tested comp i would rather come last and know that i am natural, than come first and know that i used peds. Wouldnt be right on the guys that were under me and clean. Anyways this is just my opinion.

Read the second line dude !

I am one of those blessed with having never used PEDs and lucky enough to place last in every competition I enter !

Test me for everything apart from talent !
AdamTIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:31 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
1369phil said:
Read the second line dude !
I am one of those blessed with having never used PEDs and lucky enough to place last in every competition I enter !
Test me for everything apart from talent !

Fair enuff, wasnt dig at you, was just commenting in general.
terryhollandsIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:33 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Just a thought. Maybe George entered just for something to aim toward and to have some fun? Whether right or wrong we all do sports cause we enjoy them, if you enjoy weightlifting and wanna use gear you can't compete. A the end of the day (and I don't know what level George is) is he winning or setting records? If not is it really such a bad thing that he's doing a sport he loves? I know some will say he's competing against drug free guys so it's bad but really you're only competing against yourself when it comes to lifting weights
slimsimIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:33 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
JC said:
Dom does have a point though. Some substances can be detectable in the system for upto 18 months
Someone could come off, compete a year later, and still test positive

Come on JC, he was caught with God damn D/bol in his system!!!

Whilst in some cases your argument could be valid (although I'd be surprised if any substances or even there metabolites were present after 12-months) but not in George's case.

Detection of use
Methandrostenolone is subject to extensive hepatic biotransformation by a variety of enzymatic pathways. The primary urinary metabolites are detectable for up to 4 days, and a recently discovered hydroxymethyl metabolite is found in urine for up to 19 days after a single 5 mg oral dose. Several of the metabolites are unique to methandrostenolone. Methods for detection in urine specimens usually involve gas chromatography-mass spectrometry.[6][7][8]
VanillaGorillaIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:34 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
ursus said:
hes gonna love this

Nah, don't know the chap.

He was missing the point and being overly defensive in another thread, no skin off my nose. It's not like I hold any animosity over a bulls**t internet thread lol!

As for this? Well, I have nothing against PEDs or those that choose to use them. To each their own. But I disagree with people using them and competing in tested / natural competitions.

Out of curiosity does anyone (or George) know if he won anything in tested weightlifting or strongman?
JCIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:35 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:Just a thought. Maybe George entered just for something to aim toward and to have some fun? Whether right or wrong we all do sports cause we enjoy them, if you enjoy weightlifting and wanna use gear you can't compete. A the end of the day (and I don't know what level George is) is he winning or setting records? If not is it really such a bad thing that he's doing a sport he loves? I know some will say he's competing against drug free guys so it's bad but really you're only competing against yourself when it comes to lifting weights

Agreed...I love George's hair...wont have a bad word said against it!

Just look at the pic...squatting 250 for reps and not a hair out of place...magical!
slimsimIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:35 
Member 2926, 6050 posts
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 15.01.2013 @ 12:36 PM by slimsim
so nice, I posted it twice!
JCIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:35 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:

Out of curiosity does anyone (or George) know if he won anything in tested weightlifting or strongman?

He never did the SM natural comps
WiganIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:39 
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6840 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:Just a thought. Maybe George entered just for something to aim toward and to have some fun? Whether right or wrong we all do sports cause we enjoy them, if you enjoy weightlifting and wanna use gear you can't compete. A the end of the day (and I don't know what level George is) is he winning or setting records? If not is it really such a bad thing that he's doing a sport he loves? I know some will say he's competing against drug free guys so it's bad but really you're only competing against yourself when it comes to lifting weights

I tend to agree with this.

I assume George's main sport is Strongman, which is an untested sport. He may well also enjoy weightlifting. Now if he has the chance to do a low level weightlifing competition for a bit of fun and goes in there 'unclean', what harm has he really done. I'm assuming that it will have been a low level competition, was it even for a title, was there prize money? Did he even beat anybody? What harm did he actually do to anyone? Who really cares?
slimsimIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:39 
Member 2926, 6050 posts
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
JC said:
He never did the SM natural comps

I wouldn't be surprised if he won the weightlifting comp he entered. I've won several by virtue of being the only person in that weight class! lol

I do kind of agree with Terry and actually feel that George probably just wanted to do a comp with no kind of ulterior motive behind still being "on". Still, it still doesn't do strength sports in general any good when they get publicity like this.

I do feel a bit sorry for George getting written about in a newspaper. I know someone else who's just been caught out but hardly anyone will know about him other than a dozen or so guys who lift with him.
DomRedshawIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:39 
Uk limbo dancing champion
Member 2666, 6551 posts
SQ 202, BP 170, DL 255
627.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
Dom, you are right in there being two sides to every story, however, drug testers pretty much NEVER randomly test lifters outside of competition. Or at least if they do, they don't test lifters of George's standard. They'd rather save their money on testing the top national level competitors. So I'd be 99% certain it was done in competition.

si, ur prob right about testing. WL + PL is not something i know much about so dont know how it all works. i also dont know a lot about ped detection times but i know other controlled substances can take months to leave the system.
i made an extreme example to point out people are quick to point the finger wen they dont know the whole story, the only source of info we have is a paper which are known to bulls**t and twist things.

im also in no way defending george i dont know him at all.
General_illIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:39 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
JC said:
Agreed...I love George's hair...wont have a bad word said against it!
Just look at the pic...squatting 250 for reps and not a hair out of place...magical!

They used that pick for Millsy only, house wives favourite
craigmancIcon...15-01-2013 @ 12:40 
not much fun
Member 374, 3172 posts
His Mum will be most upset!! Still she is worth one!!Wink

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions