REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 117 guests

Strongman Natural Qualifiers 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... 474849 ... 5253545556575859606162

RyanHIcon...17-06-2012 @ 00:44 
Big fish in a small pond
Member 1150, 2101 posts
Im so so happy, means so much to me. will write up a competition writeup i really cant believe it.
outspanIconVideo17-06-2012 @ 09:47 
one day i wanna be CROSSfit strong
Member 2604, 639 posts
SQ 220, BP 160, DL 290
670.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Yy9Kp9iaQ&feature=plcp

Firstly a massive thanx to Maz and his team at OXP for another fantastically run comp, let's hope they will continue to host this event!!!
Special mention to the Awesome Amish, George Winston for simply being awesome lol

Craig for all the time and extremely hard work he puts in behind the scenes that goes un noticed Grin

Weighed in at 85kg, lightest of all the u90s

200kg deadlift 13reps
I watched the rest of the field and the best so far was 12reps and there was only 1 person to go after me, decided to stop at 13 and hope it was enough!!!

1st place

Overhead shot throw 14.52m
I wasn't expecting to do well in this event, plan was not to drop to many points... In the first round I got about 13m and that was only good enough for 5-6th place. The second round I threw the 14.51m distance that put me in 1st place up until the last guy, before me, got a massive 15.20m!!! I didn't take my last throw cos there was no way I'd beat that lol

2nd place

Log 80/100kg 3reps (100kg)
Windy conditions made this extreamly hard, in training I'd been getting 4reps with a 105kg log...
Most opted for the 80log getting 6-8reps except one guy who blasted 5reps out on the 100kg. On the 1st rep I was getting blown all over the place and twisted my back trying to stabilise, the second rep was even worse so after the third I conversed with the officials for quite some time and decided to stop there.

2nd place

100kg farmers for distance (80m)
Have had no consistency in this event, it either goes well or it doesn't!!!
The best so far was 80m, others were around the 50-60m mark... In hind sight I should've tried to turn but gettin to the line was all I could think of at the time!!!

Joint 1st

Keg load 4 kegs 80-90kg 10m run in (29secs)
Simple enough, saw how quick the other guys had been so tried to be faster!!!

1st place

110kg stone over yoke (6reps)
At this point I was 6.5points clear of 2nd place which helped me relax... Made a stupid mistake and didn't go for a wee before putting tacky on and by the time it got to my turn I feared I may piss my pants!!! Popped 6 over then ran off with my wonderful girlfriend who kindly helped me relieve myself (",)

Joint 2nd

All of the guys were amazing and nobody got seriously injured so was a great day all round

OUTSPANation
RyanHIcon...17-06-2012 @ 10:33 
Big fish in a small pond
Member 1150, 2101 posts
For those that dont know me I have only competed twice in U90's up north. So this was a step up to 105's and I knew nobody. How this would change.

Tuesday I was 110.6 so I had to do the water tricks and chicken and veg diet to cut the weight. Thanks to hixxy, Ben France and Ben kesley that gave me advice for this.

Took 4 hours or so to drive up from Cornwall. Got a b and b at a farm in the middle of nowere. No eating or drinking after 4pm. I couldnt sleep I got about 4 hours. Weighed in as earlier as possible. Was 104.8. Met sen and he was an awesome guy. I picked out of a hat for running order. First person to pick and I picked 1st!

nerves had kicked in so I ate as much as I could but was feeling ill.

As people turned up I started talking to people. Everyone was so friendly, and to my surprise people seemed to know about my back strength.

went out to the overhead shotuput. Massive thanks to Darren my training partner he helped calm me down and get me in the right frame of mind. my training pb on this was 13.6 I hadnt hit it consistantly either.

I wanted to get one of my throws in 13m. My first throw was 14.2 m which I was well happy with, but put me in about 4th or 5th. Second throw I hit 14.8m which I was very happy with. Put me in 3rd my final attempt was 14.25
I ended up in 3rd which I was very happy with.

next event was the deadlift and having talked to people there was 4plus 280 pullers. and the two guys after me where 290 pullers. So I went out blazing hit 10 reps prettyu quicky got another. 3 people before me I believe had pulled 11 reps. I pulled 12 for the lead, I went to pull 13 got it above my knees but ran out of time.

trying to walk away from the deadlift I almost did a Shane dance. I ended up joint 1st on the deadlift.

loading evet next, was all about speed. It was a short platform 4 kegs, dont know the weight but two of them where oversised. I had not trained for speed at all trained to load to a high platform. I took the lead with 31 seconds with one guy to go, john who everyone tipped to beast everything. He didnt dissapoint and beat me by 1 sec. 2nd

next was log press 100kg. This event is not great for me. I went out with 5 as a target as ive hit in training consistantly. But after the first rep it felt really hard I wasnt balanced at all. Ben kesley was shouting me on. Big thanks to him for the support. As was loz which was great. Didnt get the 4th but I got 3rd place so wass happy.

next up was my week event I was 2nd by 3 points and the guy behind me ended up being paired with me. Farmers been weak in training only got 47m on a good day. I wanted to beat who I was paired with. I got 6um for a pb but some beasts got 80m I was happy with 4th on this event. Turn was at 40m.

The final event was atlas stones to 52 inch I believe. Being the shortest guy in the 105's at 5ft 10 and knowing I had only hit two at 130 in training I asked loz advice on tacky and he gave it me, but laughed at home much I put on. I paided for this after the event. I wanted to hold onto 2nd I couldnt get 1st john destroyed it all day. I saw the guy in 3rd hit 7 reps u believe and was freaking out. I got to the stone and attacked it, got to 7 reps and everyone was shouting me on. 8th rep I got it half way and started by messing it up I stalled half way, let out a scream and could hear everyone shouting me on I monged it up and hit an 8th rep. I think I had more if I had time but was very happy. With this. Ended up joint 1st on the stones.

now I know why loz was amused to how much tacky I put on, it took forever to get off. Thanks to sen for some baby oil.

Got it off and went to the presentation and im not ashamed to say I was almost wanting to cry I was so happy. at the start of the day I didnt know anyone. By the end of the day I had met so many nice people. Had so many guys cheering me on.

a massive thanks to oxford sports. Mariuz and others. Craig for setting the comp. Loz for coming down and supporting the community and giving me advice most of the day. A big thaks to Ben that put up with me all day and helped me out loads aswell. Thanks to Darren Kerr for the throwing advice. Sen for the support. Met so many nice guys. If I forgot you I am very sorry my head was all over.

finally a massive thanks to my training partner without him I wouldnt of got there he drove me up and supported me all day. When I doubted myself which was in every event he believed in me and he never doubted me at all. He has pushed me hard in training and helped me so much.

Sorry for the big write up
LessThanLukeIcon...17-06-2012 @ 10:38 
his poor male ego must be crushed
Member 883, 6251 posts
SQ 290, BP 180, DL 420
890.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Excellent work Ryan! Can only hope I have a similar experience next week at the Northerns!
hammermanIcon...17-06-2012 @ 11:15 
call me sir or recieve broken toes
Member 1626, 250 posts
SQ 170, BP 112.5, DL 225
507.5 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 17.06.2012 @ 11:16 AM by hammerman
outspan said:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Yy9Kp9iaQ&feature=plcp

Weighed in at 85kg, lightest of all the u90s

Great result yesterday mate. Solid all day. Position was never in doubt

My 86kg weigh in was fully clothed, keys/phone/change in pockets, and I still had my trainers on. Nearly weighed in with bag on shoulder.

I'm the lightest!!
James26Icon...17-06-2012 @ 11:26 
Member 2298, 1768 posts
SQ 255, BP 200, DL 320
775.0 kgs @ 127kgs UnEq
Well done Ryan. I was the guy who spoke to you after the stones. I could see how much you had given in that event, you were buzzing pal.

Good luck
outspanIcon...17-06-2012 @ 11:49 
one day i wanna be CROSSfit strong
Member 2604, 639 posts
SQ 220, BP 160, DL 290
670.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
hammerman said:
My 86kg weigh in was fully clothed, keys/phone/change in pockets, and I still had my trainers on. Nearly weighed in with bag on shoulder.
I'm the lightest!!

I weighed in just my pants lol
Are you travelling up to watch glen today?
hammermanIcon...17-06-2012 @ 12:19 
call me sir or recieve broken toes
Member 1626, 250 posts
SQ 170, BP 112.5, DL 225
507.5 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
outspan said:
I weighed in just my pants lol
Are you travelling up to watch glen today?

Pant...LOL

No sitting at home wait for texts and sugden updates

COOOMMMMMOOOON GLLLEEEEENNNN!!!!!!!
plonkerIcon...17-06-2012 @ 18:37 
The world famous projectile vomit master
Member 1293, 443 posts
SQ 210, BP 155, DL 280
645.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
RyanH said:For those that dont know me I have only competed twice in U90's up north. So this was a step up to 105's and I knew nobody. How this would change.

Tuesday I was 110.6 so I had to do the water tricks and chicken and veg diet to cut the weight. Thanks to hixxy, Ben France and Ben kesley that gave me advice for this.

Took 4 hours or so to drive up from Cornwall. Got a b and b at a farm in the middle of nowere. No eating or drinking after 4pm. I couldnt sleep I got about 4 hours. Weighed in as earlier as possible. Was 104.8. Met sen and he was an awesome guy. I picked out of a hat for running order. First person to pick and I picked 1st!

nerves had kicked in so I ate as much as I could but was feeling ill.

As people turned up I started talking to people. Everyone was so friendly, and to my surprise people seemed to know about my back strength.

went out to the overhead shotuput. Massive thanks to Darren my training partner he helped calm me down and get me in the right frame of mind. my training pb on this was 13.6 I hadnt hit it consistantly either.

I wanted to get one of my throws in 13m. My first throw was 14.2 m which I was well happy with, but put me in about 4th or 5th. Second throw I hit 14.8m which I was very happy with. Put me in 3rd my final attempt was 14.25
I ended up in 3rd which I was very happy with.

next event was the deadlift and having talked to people there was 4plus 280 pullers. and the two guys after me where 290 pullers. So I went out blazing hit 10 reps prettyu quicky got another. 3 people before me I believe had pulled 11 reps. I pulled 12 for the lead, I went to pull 13 got it above my knees but ran out of time.

trying to walk away from the deadlift I almost did a Shane dance. I ended up joint 1st on the deadlift.

loading evet next, was all about speed. It was a short platform 4 kegs, dont know the weight but two of them where oversised. I had not trained for speed at all trained to load to a high platform. I took the lead with 31 seconds with one guy to go, john who everyone tipped to beast everything. He didnt dissapoint and beat me by 1 sec. 2nd

next was log press 100kg. This event is not great for me. I went out with 5 as a target as ive hit in training consistantly. But after the first rep it felt really hard I wasnt balanced at all. Ben kesley was shouting me on. Big thanks to him for the support. As was loz which was great. Didnt get the 4th but I got 3rd place so wass happy.

next up was my week event I was 2nd by 3 points and the guy behind me ended up being paired with me. Farmers been weak in training only got 47m on a good day. I wanted to beat who I was paired with. I got 6um for a pb but some beasts got 80m I was happy with 4th on this event. Turn was at 40m.

The final event was atlas stones to 52 inch I believe. Being the shortest guy in the 105's at 5ft 10 and knowing I had only hit two at 130 in training I asked loz advice on tacky and he gave it me, but laughed at home much I put on. I paided for this after the event. I wanted to hold onto 2nd I couldnt get 1st john destroyed it all day. I saw the guy in 3rd hit 7 reps u believe and was freaking out. I got to the stone and attacked it, got to 7 reps and everyone was shouting me on. 8th rep I got it half way and started by messing it up I stalled half way, let out a scream and could hear everyone shouting me on I monged it up and hit an 8th rep. I think I had more if I had time but was very happy. With this. Ended up joint 1st on the stones.

now I know why loz was amused to how much tacky I put on, it took forever to get off. Thanks to sen for some baby oil.

Got it off and went to the presentation and im not ashamed to say I was almost wanting to cry I was so happy. at the start of the day I didnt know anyone. By the end of the day I had met so many nice people. Had so many guys cheering me on.

a massive thanks to oxford sports. Mariuz and others. Craig for setting the comp. Loz for coming down and supporting the community and giving me advice most of the day. A big thaks to Ben that put up with me all day and helped me out loads aswell. Thanks to Darren Kerr for the throwing advice. Sen for the support. Met so many nice guys. If I forgot you I am very sorry my head was all over.

finally a massive thanks to my training partner without him I wouldnt of got there he drove me up and supported me all day. When I doubted myself which was in every event he believed in me and he never doubted me at all. He has pushed me hard in training and helped me so much.

Sorry for the big write up

great work yesterday mate.. was good to meet you.. as it was all the other guys... put in a consistent performance throughout..

although i'm gonna call you up on the stones... think you mean joint second? i think i won :-)
shot666Icon...17-06-2012 @ 22:10 
Member 1707, 10 posts
SQ 200, BP 120, DL 220
540.0 kgs @ 79kgs UnEq
hammerman said:
I'm the lightest!!

Sorry boys, I am still the lightest 81.4 for me fully clothed lol, I am almost embarassed.

Well done to Adam, John and Ben for winning the weight cat and everyone who competed, really enjoyed the day and looking forward to the final.

Thanks to Craig and all the helpers on the day, my favourite comment was at weigh in, Ben told me I should have had a bigger breakfast.
Damo
scorpianIcon...18-06-2012 @ 08:02 
I cannot wait for carnage !!
Member 2174, 383 posts
SQ 220, BP 167.5, DL 330
717.5 kgs @ 138kgs Eq
Post Edited: 18.06.2012 @ 08:03 AM by scorpian
Any info on the Britain finals weights n event?????
samurai69Icon...18-06-2012 @ 08:44 
Member 1326, 206 posts
SQ 180, BP 120, DL 235
535.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Souther Qualifiers photos are on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/newspartan.gym
RyanHIcon...18-06-2012 @ 09:26 
Big fish in a small pond
Member 1150, 2101 posts
Post Edited: 18.06.2012 @ 09:36 AM by RyanH
Was good to meet you aswell. You where a beast, and i was told you would be Happy Oh sorry john i was told i came joint 1st with 8 reps, did u get 9?

Also cool pics! was there any more of the 105 farmers? and any of the stones? i look funny in every pic i have found so far Happy

Have the final's events been announced?
craigmancIcon...18-06-2012 @ 09:48 
not much fun
Member 374, 3172 posts
Post Edited: 18.06.2012 @ 09:49 AM by craigmanc
Dont know if anybody was listening at the end Grin

I have a meeting with Paradise Wildlife Park on Friday. It will be agreed then if its a two day event or just one, then I can work on events. For me I would like it as just one and it be on the Sunday, but hey who am I??Wink
plonkerIcon...18-06-2012 @ 10:49 
The world famous projectile vomit master
Member 1293, 443 posts
SQ 210, BP 155, DL 280
645.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
RyanH said:Was good to meet you aswell. You where a beast, and i was told you would be Happy Oh sorry john i was told i came joint 1st with 8 reps, did u get 9?

Also cool pics! was there any more of the 105 farmers? and any of the stones? i look funny in every pic i have found so far Happy

Have the final's events been announced?

yes mate 9 i'm afraid.. :-)

12345678910 ... 474849 ... 5253545556575859606162

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions