REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 200 guests

Torn cartilage in knee

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

bezaIconTorn cartilage in knee12-02-2012 @ 08:42 
I hit a pb today with a chest infection
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Has anyone ever had this? I torn my cartilage about 15 month's ago. Didn't do nothing about it for a while but stopped training my leg's. In the end i managed to get an MRI scan etc and the doctor said it was only a slight tear. As it happened, i'd just started training my leg's again but only lightly and i was getting any pain what so ever with my knee. The doc said it's probably best to leave it be for now then been's as though it's not giving me any grief so for the last few month's iv'e been training them fairly heavy (for me anyway). As i want to get in to strongman iv'e changed my workout and iv'e gone from normally doing about 3-4 set's on the squat to last week doing about 10 set's in total. Since iv'e done this workout, last friday, my knee's been killing me again, and it hasn't changed since friday. It didn't just go on me while training, just slowly started to hurt throughout the day after training in the morning. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and is it worth getting back to the doc's (he said if i get any pain again go back and they'll do keyhole) or just keep working through it and maybe it'll ease again, can't tear anymore right? Just would like some word's of wisdom from anyone who know's, sorry for the long post, cheer'sHappy
brocerslrdIcon...12-02-2012 @ 08:58 
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
Your not alone mate. Big Macca has just had his opperated on. I've got a piece of detatched cartiliage in my right knee. Ryan H op last couple of years. Sure a few other guys will have similar
bezaIcon...12-02-2012 @ 09:15 
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Cheer's mate. So what, get through it? Or get the keyhole done? How long's it f**k you up for the keyhole?
brocerslrdIcon...12-02-2012 @ 09:40 
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
Ask Macca. He went in for op friday i think. I've just put up with it for a couple years now as it doesn't effect me too badly
bezaIcon...12-02-2012 @ 09:42 
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Sound mate nice one
bertieIcon...12-02-2012 @ 09:50 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
I tore the cartlidge in my left knee last june, took 4 weeks for mri scan and they decided to operate and tidy it up. The surgeon told me if i wanted to train until my op it would hurt but do it no worse so i did. I had the op on 7th october wich was keyhole surgery. I was walking unaided within hours and back in the gym 5 days later doing leg raises, however the physio told me i could do that as i was past the point of her helping me, she also said though that she'd seen a man the same day still on crutches 3 weeks after the same op. The surgeon said my recovery was so fast due to me keeping training until the op.

I've since put 20kg on my pb squat. My knee still clicks now and again where which is painfull when it does, but its not that often it happens.

My advise is if you're offered the op take it, but do keep squatting if not only just light, it will help you recover sooner, well that and GHRP-6 helped me.
bezaIcon...12-02-2012 @ 09:58 
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Thank's for that mate. I was in two mind's because iv'e heard from a few people your knee can hurt more after you've had it done and you'll be like an old man every time it's cold etc lol. Might get it done and out the way then. Don't want it in my head for the rest of my life if you know what i mean.
libertineIcon...12-02-2012 @ 10:09 
ever !
Member 2471, 52 posts
Post Edited: 12.02.2012 @ 10:11 AM by libertine
It's a different area but I tore the cartilage in my wrist last may (bloody painful). By Sept it was no better despite not training upper body. I started taking artholyze by species (10 caps a day) in October, within a month the pain was totally gone and it hasn't come back. It's expensive but totally worth the cash. Can't be sure you would have the same experience but it may be worth a shot.
bertieIcon...12-02-2012 @ 10:13 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
beza said:Thank's for that mate. I was in two mind's because iv'e heard from a few people your knee can hurt more after you've had it done and you'll be like an old man every time it's cold etc lol. Might get it done and out the way then. Don't want it in my head for the rest of my life if you know what i mean.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean, tbh either way its going to give you a bit trouble in the future, but from experience mine's a whole lot better and stronger now. I'm repping now as much weight squatting without wraps than i could with wraps before. Just when you get it done dont stay idle, the physio told me i could do whatever i wanted aslong as it didn't hurt, so i went straight to the gym and did some squatting lol.
bertieIcon...12-02-2012 @ 10:14 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
Post Edited: 12.02.2012 @ 10:14 AM by bertie
Double post Embarassed
bezaIcon...12-02-2012 @ 10:31 
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Cheer's libertine, could be worth a look.

Yeh i would definately carry on squatting anyway bertie, wouldn't be able not to lol.
Better make a call first thing tommorrow then i think, cheer's for all the help chap'sWink
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions