12345678910 ... ... 3233343536373839404142

JoniIcon...22-08-2011 @ 13:52 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
hixxy1985 said:
LMAO
thanks matey - course im touchy. I missed this awesome f**king comp due to illness. N im still ill lol

understandable mate, it was epic and anyone who missed it did miss something special... But there will be more and THE DOMINATOR can show which way the chicken urinates (finnish phrase which doesnt seem to translate all that well...)

but hey JC, cowdrey belongs to that wanky acid induced dream list too, he was neck and neck with Bish all the way through, they took turns in leading the comp and it went all the way down to the last event.
stonemanIcon...22-08-2011 @ 14:07 
Stronger than the PB chart
Member 196, 456 posts
SQ 400, BP 250, DL 400
1050.0 kgs @ 156kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:
Thanks for coming down Rob and supporting the guys! Also thanks for telling me the funniest joke I have heard in ages!!
Totally agree with Rob, all the competitors deserve a medal for getting through it! I said afterwards that if they make us start doing 9 events in a day I would retire!

Anytime Terry it was an awesome show of guts,madness, an true strongman spirt !!

an fear not i'll have plenty more jokes ready for worlds !! Grin
PeteHodgsonIcon...22-08-2011 @ 14:11 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Any vids around yet?
bigbadbishIcon...22-08-2011 @ 19:00 
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
PeteHodgson said:Any vids around yet?

Yes

LeggiezIcon...22-08-2011 @ 19:14 
Has a long back.
Member 2322, 2464 posts
SQ 260, BP 175, DL 312.5
747.5 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
What a great video!!

The fight you had with the 6th keg was incredible , then the farmers walk on the deadlift strips your hands of all its skin !

Then you have a HUGE battle with the fingals finger god alone knows how you got that over.Very impressive performance Bish Grin
BoarIcon...22-08-2011 @ 19:21 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25557 posts
Administrator
the hands of bish !!

bish , have you deffo got the nod for WSM u105 ?

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296789_10150760...
bigbadbishIcon...22-08-2011 @ 19:28 
A World class farmer
Member 576, 3429 posts
SQ 350, BP 200, DL 400
950.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
Boar said:the hands of bish !!

bish , have you deffo got the nod for WSM u105 ?

Not sure mate.

Waiting to hear. Hopefully though!
plonkerIcon...22-08-2011 @ 20:23 
The world famous projectile vomit master
Member 1293, 443 posts
SQ 210, BP 155, DL 280
645.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
well pleased for you bish.. you were awesome yesterday..

as tough as it was i loved yesterday...

yes joni twas indeed a warzone...

i was mostly nailed by cramps.. from 4th event onwards... had to prize fingers open with me other hand several times...

big thanks to ash for his dioralyte rehydration sachet... and (sorry forgot your name) welsh guy who tore his bicep for a bag of salty snack-a-jacks...

infact all the welsh guys were awesome.. super-friendly.. and introduced me to the fact that olive oil removes tacky... definitely preferable over paint-stripper and other nasty chemical s**t... cheers fellas...

i was super pleased to come 4th..

arm o arm.. 4th i think.. biceps a pumped after this...

maxle- 130.. f**ked up the 140 clean.. joint 3rd??

farmers- heavy pick up for me considering my s**tty deadlift... dropped twice... third pick up nearly blew my head off.. 4th maybe?

keg toss- super s**t.. 2 barrels..

deadlift medley- 250- f**k felt heavy 275 axle.. again felt heavy.. locked out and projectile vomited in terry hollands direction...

300 - fail

loading/finger- cramp was really kicking in now...

loaded first one pretty quick- had two go's at the second..

f**k that finger was heavy.. hands cramping.. fail

db- 1 rep... got it up 4 times but didnt hold it steady enough for the nod

tyre... worried about this one.. bicep tear stories etc..

found it quite easy actually.. seemed to fly up quite nicely.. 1st place.. lovely.. never won an event before.. so well chuffed

stones- 3 stones- not sure how quick.. maybe 6th or 7th in this..

overall 4th..

thanks to all competitors and organisers etc...
MadcowdreyIcon...22-08-2011 @ 21:05 
SUGDEN SUCKS! Which is why i am here...
Member 370, 1520 posts
SQ 285, BP 185, DL 302.5
772.5 kgs @ 94kgs Eq
ok time for my comp right up.. had to get up at 5am to start my new job today and i walked in like i s**t myself... as some of you no i had withdraw from all comps this year due to personal problems.. i got my head straight and continued gym training but laid off events.. got a phone call 2 weeks ago from paul and it went like this, hello simon, hello mate, what kind of shape you in? s**t mate not trained events properly for ages.. (paul says) good i will put your name down for uks final.. i said no mate i cant do it,, paul said i want you there as im retiring and i want you there.. ok. !!! weekend before i went home to wales for a break and the first night in the caravan orning the air bed popped.. woke up in the morning broke back mountain.. 4 nights on the s**te airbed and my back was f**ked.. mon, tue, wed before comp could hardley move.. started taking pain killers to ease it.. woke up morning of comp and i was in bits, had to pull myself up on the window sill.. thought there is noway im competing like this.. anyway i text paul on the way and said im in a bad way.. he said get here fast i have a chiro ready to look at you.. now i did not really think she could do f**k all as i was broken big time.. anyway took my top off and she said thats the problem there without me even saying anything... she got me on the bed and started squeezing my arse?? i thought hmmmm thats not injured whats she playing at. i turned over to say whats the crack and to my suprise it was woody the barstard lol anyway she continued to bend me up like a coathanger and i stood up brand new..... i s**t you not she fixed me up great.. still had pain bending over but nowhere near as bad.. was the first time i have been so relaxed at a comp.. i had no intentions of busting my arse just going to enjoy the day...

event 1 - arm over arm now the last 2 years i have never completed this, some how i smashed it.. could not belive it. 2nd place

event 2 - max axle, had done 130kg in training 2 weeks before so i thought that would be nice, smashed 140kg and thought i would stop there and let the other 2 wear themselfs out. 2nd i think

event 3 - 150kg farmers, was worried about this and i had good reason to be.. got the 20 meters but my back went on my first drop.. finished but could not stand at the end of it.. thought i was out.. back to the chiro tent and she had me back on my feet.. at this point craig kindly informed me that i was first place and bish was right behind me.. i said really he said yes and woody has dropped out.... then it clicked in my head.. this is it,, if my back hold out i can win this...

event 4 - deadlift medley,, f**king back braking medley.. dreading this.. did all 3 lifts and got the farmers over the line.. sat in the tent and thought wheres that blood coming from.. nice lump of callus gone.. i sat in the tent complaining then bish said i bet mine are worse then he showed me and i felt for the man.. f**king horific..

event 5 - loading medley was still in the lead and i thought i can do this.. 130kg kegs where brutal.. got them and the finger for 1st place..me and bish where level on points

event 6 - keg toss, i went out and terry said chuck them from there i turned round and looked and politly said f**k off lol think i was 1st on this

event 7 - 60kg dumbell, got 5 reps i think,, at this point i felt really drained and weak.. 3rd i think.. new bish was right on me

event 8 tyre flip, banker event for me.. flipped this tyre so many times before with ease.. put my tacky on and to my supprise everyone before me had loaded taky on the tyre and it was all runny in the sun.. i slipped with every lift and got the 5 but so so slow.. i new i had blown it. bish was now a point in front..

event 9 - stones, this was it i new i would nail them and fast.. i started think this is it i have got it.. went out and one motioned the first 2 went to pick up the 140 and my lower abb/groin hurt.. went for 160 and there was a sharp pain.. chiro said hernia, frampton said hernia.. i was saying noway i have a new job to start tomorrow lol finished 4th on the stones.. worst stone run i have ever done... gutted i lost but bish f**king earned that win.. his hands where f**ked and he still took it to the death.. bish was as injured as me and the best man won.. so proud to be a part of this historical comp.. f**kING EPIC is an understatment... thanks to ash and sean kennedy and woody for making me do this comp.. im so shocked that i did so well without training the actual events and with 2 weeks notice.. but i wonder what i could have done with 2 months notice and trained the events.. just shows that anyone can do any comp without training the events if they wanted to... here is the chiros web site if anyone needs her and there around london.. this woman is amazing.. i gave her a massive kiss at the end of the day as i would not have done it without her... dr liz mcgown www.evolutionhealth.co.uk she is also woodys chiro.. thanks again to big tell and jay and all the lads.. it was just as hard for them and it was perfectly run.... and martin cee the voice of strongman
terryhollandsIcon...22-08-2011 @ 21:32 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
plonker said:well pleased for you bish.. you were awesome yesterday..

as tough as it was i loved yesterday...

yes joni twas indeed a warzone...

i was mostly nailed by cramps.. from 4th event onwards... had to prize fingers open with me other hand several times...

big thanks to ash for his dioralyte rehydration sachet... and (sorry forgot your name) welsh guy who tore his bicep for a bag of salty snack-a-jacks...

infact all the welsh guys were awesome.. super-friendly.. and introduced me to the fact that olive oil removes tacky... definitely preferable over paint-stripper and other nasty chemical s**t... cheers fellas...

i was super pleased to come 4th..

arm o arm.. 4th i think.. biceps a pumped after this...

maxle- 130.. f**ked up the 140 clean.. joint 3rd??

farmers- heavy pick up for me considering my s**tty deadlift... dropped twice... third pick up nearly blew my head off.. 4th maybe?

keg toss- super s**t.. 2 barrels..

deadlift medley- 250- f**k felt heavy 275 axle.. again felt heavy.. locked out and projectile vomited in terry hollands direction...

300 - fail

loading/finger- cramp was really kicking in now...

loaded first one pretty quick- had two go's at the second..

f**k that finger was heavy.. hands cramping.. fail

db- 1 rep... got it up 4 times but didnt hold it steady enough for the nod

tyre... worried about this one.. bicep tear stories etc..

found it quite easy actually.. seemed to fly up quite nicely.. 1st place.. lovely.. never won an event before.. so well chuffed

stones- 3 stones- not sure how quick.. maybe 6th or 7th in this..

overall 4th..

thanks to all competitors and organisers etc...

your tyre flip was event performance of the day for me! you destroyed what is a very heavy and tough tyre!
paddymc1986Icon...22-08-2011 @ 21:53 
dieting is not the way to go
Member 1539, 5526 posts
SQ 330, BP 230, DL 350
910.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
well done all the lads that took part in this comp, all them events in one day looked TOUGHEek
stainlessIcon...23-08-2011 @ 06:00 
Big fan of TWI
Member 761, 425 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 260
645.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
The comp sounded fantastic,well done everyone involved.Well done on the win Bish,Simon great write up very inspirational.
phil1983Icon...23-08-2011 @ 11:25 
Member 2271, 337 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Was a brutal comp sunday....was chuffd 2 get thru it in 1piece at end....all my callouses rippd off aftr the farmers 4th event...duck taped my hands up for rest of comp then...
Anthony griffiths who finishd 7th...broke his Hand on the fingels fingers and still managed 2 joint 1st place finishes in last few events...he had 2 go hosp monday morn wen got home.....was a great day and experience kind....more practice and speed for next year now...met some really Gwd guys 2 with plenty Gwd advice
RobboIcon...23-08-2011 @ 13:40 
When I have enough cash, I get a deep tissue.
Member 465, 11029 posts
SQ 240, BP 175, DL 302.5
717.5 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Well done to all the guys competing! Sounds like a brutal comp! Hats off to all those who got through it.

Well done Bish! Awesome performance!
MartinCeeIconUK Strongest Man 105 Final 201124-08-2011 @ 09:56 
Member 2754, 393 posts

12345678910 ... ... 3233343536373839404142

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions