REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 250 guests

How Much would you pay for a DVD of yourself in a Strongman Comp?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

bren35Icon...10-02-2010 @ 21:35 
finds stuff written here disrespectful
Member 520, 139 posts
SQ 270, BP 200, DL 300
770.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
I understand youre trying to make money for a good cause and all but maybe you should think of some ways of getting money out of the spectators and sponsors rather than just tapping up the competitors? after all they are the guys putting the show on for you!

agree with that mate
RusevIcon...10-02-2010 @ 21:37 
Can still nail the snatch
Member 168, 758 posts
SQ 205, BP 90, DL 202.5
497.5 kgs @ 74kgs UnEq
i paid 56 quid for 8 copies of all my comps from tapes to dvd about 2 hours total so 16 hrs of work
PintIcon...12-02-2010 @ 09:30 
Member 424, 532 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 220
555.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
I understand youre trying to make money for a good cause and all but maybe you should think of some ways of getting money out of the spectators and sponsors rather than just tapping up the competitors? after all they are the guys putting the show on for you!

whoa!! I think I have been a bit misunderstood here!! I am so grateful of the support of all in the strongman community - I could achieve none of this without the support, humility, character and effort of all of you who help me to put this on.

Its an effort to do something for a worthy charity, but also to promote the sport I love!! This event gets the cover of newspapers and radio - raising the profile of a sport that is getting increasingly pushed into obscurity (look at the Bravo coverage of WSM this year).

Last year, people asked for DVD's and I had nothing to offer them. If I had my way, then I would give them out for free and give cash prizes and refund travel costs - I think all who help with this are worth that at least. But, we do all that we can and I think people will agree that the competitors last year took perhaps the best 'goody bags' I have seen at any competition - It took my wife and I three months of begging and scrounging to get the protien bars and powders, vitamin supplements, caps, t-shirts, towels etc that made up the competitor packs. We did this to show our thanks and appreciation for all of the kindness and effort.

We anticipate the majority of the fundraising this year (as last year) will come from the stalls at the event, bouncy castle, snack vans, and the raffle. All of which come from donations that my wife and I seek throughout the whole year through literally hundreds of begging letters and constant trawling and harrassment of local businesses. I have about a dozen friends who help to badger bands, DJ's, T-shirt Companies, Printers etc all for free to make this event possible.

I appreciate every single penny that everyone raises and I will never be able to thank the competitors and supporters enough. I hope that, for those who met some of the Children from CHASE last year, and again this year - you also feel that it is worthwhile.

I am not generally mercinary at heart - but I am prepared to be for this cause. I volunteer my time at the hospice all year round, my wife is a nurse there, we fundraise in all sorts of other ways too. I asked 'how much people would be willing to pay for a DVD' to see if its viable and affordable, not to take the piss.

Everything each one of you does - I am grateful for, and so are the children and families.

http://www.chasecare.org.uk/page.asp?section=59§ionTitle=CHASE...
thestonemanIcon...12-02-2010 @ 11:43 
Let me have a look at your bonding aggregate
Member 585, 329 posts
SQ 400, BP 250, DL 380
1030.0 kgs @ 158kgs UnEq
what ever ya need like last year just ask ! seeing the delight an fun in the childrens eyes as they watched the guys lift/push/pull an for those few hours forgetting about there pains illness an stress is priceless
WILLSANIcon...12-02-2010 @ 11:55 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Im not trying to get at you pal. what your doing is obviously for a great cause and I take my hat off to you for it. just saying that the competitors make the comp so they are putting in something pretty big already without having to pay big entrance fees and extras etc.
thestonemanIcon...12-02-2010 @ 12:04 
Let me have a look at your bonding aggregate
Member 585, 329 posts
SQ 400, BP 250, DL 380
1030.0 kgs @ 158kgs UnEq
i understand both sides buddy !! its payout central for athletes now adays entry fee equipment kit clothing tacky rehbands etc etc etc !!

but what they do at chase is truely awesome ! as a father myself its very very close to my heart this is why i'll always make /put the extra effort into what matt an his lovely mrs do to put on a great comp Wink
ThingIcon...12-02-2010 @ 12:05 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Tenner
PompyIcon...12-02-2010 @ 13:23 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
At the very least you should be charging a tenner and at most about fifteen I reckon
PintIcon...12-02-2010 @ 16:10 
Member 424, 532 posts
SQ 190, BP 145, DL 220
555.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Sorry!! Sensitive I guess!

No offense taken.

Stoneman - thanks again, and as always, look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

10-15 quid sounds fair.

The Chase comp is, and always will be, without entry fee. I ask for sponsorship, so people can get colleagues, friends and family to stick a few quid each in. If you raise some sponsorship, this comp should cost you nothing. On top of this you will get a nice bag of goodies, a great day out, a big happy feeling, and your body torn to bits through torturous and gruelling events.

Sounds like Strongman Heaven.
PompyIcon...12-02-2010 @ 16:16 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Make it a touch lighter next year and I'm in lol

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions