REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 375 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitNice Ass

Nice Ass

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PeteIconNice Ass21-08-2007 @ 15:16 
has spent time in a modern educational setting
Member 47, 1221 posts
Now that I've got your attention, check out this girl overhead squatting with her bodyweight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FR7ImZCq3c

Just like it says on the video, I once read that the mark of a quality strength athlete is 15 OH squats with your bodyweight.

I wonder how many people on the site can do a single OH squat with their bodyweight. I know that I can't.

Serious points aside, I do still think that the girl has a very nice posterior!
HaydenIcon...21-08-2007 @ 15:21 
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
I would.
PeteIcon...21-08-2007 @ 15:30 
Member 47, 1221 posts
Post Edited: 21.08.2007 @ 15:30 PM
I'm not saying that there aren't some people on the site that can manage a bodyweight OH squat but I bet not many can (if they go to proper depth).
HaydenIcon...21-08-2007 @ 15:33 
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
O i mean i would 'do her'. Never tried an OH squat and i would most likely fail miserably...
PeteIcon...21-08-2007 @ 15:35 
Member 47, 1221 posts
Oh right, now we're on the same page!!!!Wink
RobIcon...21-08-2007 @ 15:57 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
The only person off the forum I've seen do them properly is Olly... I have a video of him doing some actually.
PeteIcon...21-08-2007 @ 16:08 
Member 47, 1221 posts
I used to do them in the garden but there are currently lots of holes in the ground and random patches where I nearly threw the bar through the soil.

I should go down to Adlington then I can practice them on a platform or in a rack.
FazcIcon...21-08-2007 @ 16:16 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
I would too!

Originally posted by Pete...Just like it says on the video, I once read that the mark of a quality strength athlete is 15 OH squats with your bodyweight.

Seriously, problem with marks of strength like that is 'strength' is too subjective. When you powerlift and devote all your energy into it, you don't need that much flexibility past what is neccesary for your Bench/Dead/Squat (in fact, more flexibility is not always desirable).

So, doing 10 OH Squats isn't just a strength test, its based on other factors, and just plain practice on the lift.

The real test would be, given sufficient time and sufficient motivation to practice the movement (a couple months and some sort of incentive) how many wouldn't be able to do OH Squats..

My guess is that, most of us would.
little_aIcon...21-08-2007 @ 16:52 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Originally posted by Fazc...
Seriously, problem with marks of strength like that is 'strength' is too subjective. When you powerlift and devote all your energy into it, you don't need that much flexibility past what is neccesary for your Bench/Dead/Squat (in fact, more flexibility is not always desirable).

So, doing 10 OH Squats isn't just a strength test, its based on other factors, and just plain practice on the lift.

The real test would be, given sufficient time and sufficient motivation to practice the movement (a couple months and some sort of incentive) how many wouldn't be able to do OH Squats..

My guess is that, most of us would.

Agreed. If people like doing them then all well and good, but to me has to be one of the most pointless exercises ever devised by anyone. Cant think of 1 positive thing to say about them outside of teaching young beginers how to receive a snatch.

That vid is possibly the heaviest OH sqt I've ever seenRoll-Eyes
mishimaIcon...21-08-2007 @ 17:17 
pink french superstar beard
Member 26, 4030 posts
SQ 190, BP 0, DL 205
395.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Originally posted by little_a...
Cant think of 1 positive thing to say about them outside of teaching young beginers how to receive a snatch.

I can, they fcuk your wrists up which prevent you from masturbating, as a reference to your other thread Andy mate, and that is a good thing to help you 'receive a snatch'.

I like this forum. Now we're going somewhereWink
Martin1956Icon...21-08-2007 @ 18:16 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7739 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Like I've always said, if you want that pb, wear a pink vest. Wouldn't it be nice if we could train outside in this country? Venice Beach, Birkenhead, has a kind of ring to it.
PeteIcon...21-08-2007 @ 18:18 
Member 47, 1221 posts
The thinking on this website seems to be different to a lot of the thinking in America and Australia. In America,there seem to be plenty of advocates of the move (judging from what I have read on websites).

My experience in Australia is a little more direct. I lived there for a few years and spent several months training at a weightlifting club. There were a few national record holders there and even a Commonwealth record holder. They all performed OH squats(or Snatch squats as they called them).

The thinking was to assist the standing up out of a Snatch.

Admitedly, high reps weren't performed.
little_aIcon...21-08-2007 @ 18:37 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Originally posted by Pete...
The thinking was to assist the standing up out of a Snatch.

I can see the sense behind the thinking, but I've never seen anyone lock out a snatch and not stand with it.
FazcIcon...21-08-2007 @ 19:07 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Well, can't say I know much about Olympic Lifting training. However this guy:

http://danjohn.org/

Recommends it, and he's probably one of 2-3 guys who I would say everyone should listen to in matters of weight lifting.
RobIcon...21-08-2007 @ 19:48 
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7173 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Yea quite a few of the American guys seem to suggest its very good for flexibility and ab strength - I like doing them as a warm-up with a very light bar.

There are also quite a lot of photos of all the Chinese olympic starlets doing them or lockout variations of them.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitNice Ass
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions