REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 143 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

PeteHodgsonIcon...26-06-2021 @ 23:04 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
AdamT said:It's s**t to lose a loved one obviously there is nothing worse to immediate family members

But life has to go on

The youth can't be expected to live like this forever to protect the old

Also aren't the old and vulnerable vaccinated now?
Don't they work?

What about mental health?
Job losses?
Interrupted education?
Missed diagnosis for other diseases due to lazy ass GPS?

We have to look at the big picture

I'm not heartless, but the 99.5% can't be expected to have their lives disrupted forever

I would rather live than exist. I say that as a 37 year old and believe me I would say the same if I was 77

We all have to die sometime, but surely we have to LIVE first?

Thousands died before vaccinations were available. How hard is it to be careful till things are safer. Even if it’s for a few years. Obviously not all the rules make sense. Sometimes common sense prevails. But, some people don’t have any. So s**t rules are put in place. I’m not saying I followed every rule to the letter. But I would say the way I have acted has been safer than following all the rules.
AdamTIcon...26-06-2021 @ 23:05 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
Post Edited: 26.06.2021 @ 23:08 PM by AdamT
PeteHodgson said:
Thousands died before vaccinations were available. How hard is it to be careful till things are safer. Even if it’s for a few years. Obviously not all the rules make sense. Sometimes common sense prevails. But, some people don’t have any. So s**t rules are put in place. I’m not saying I followed every rule to the letter. But I would say the way I have acted has been safer than following all the rules.

Well they are here now

Do you guys really believe this is just about a virus?

Do you believe you are going to go back to the way we lived in 2020?
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...26-06-2021 @ 23:38 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22044 posts
Oh dear, this is a very emotive subject.
WILLSANIcon...27-06-2021 @ 09:27 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Oh dear, this is a very emotive subject.

indeed.

which is why I suggested no good would come of bringing personal s**t in here.

my personal experience has lead me to the conclusion that these lockdown restrictions have and are causing far more harm than the virus ever could. its not even close. my friends and family have been devastated by lockdown policy. therefore, I will argue against them with everything I have. for the sake of myself, my family and everyone I know who has been affected by them.

I would ask anyone who supports these restrictions to consider the mental health patients whos care has been removed, those who have commited or attempted to commit suicide, those terminally ill cancer patients who had their treatment cancelled and life expectancy shortened, those who have had cancers left undiagnosed, those who died in hospital alone, those who were left fighting for their lives in intensive care alone, those who have lost their jobs, those who have lost their business, those who have lost their homes.

I could tell a true story about every single one of those instances from a friend or a family member. none of them linked to covid the disease. all of them linked to the lockdown.

thats my experience. others will have a totally different one, leading them to completely different conclusions. I just think it better to put that all aside and have an objective a discussion as is possible.
AdamTIcon...27-06-2021 @ 11:16 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
WILLSAN said:
indeed.
which is why I suggested no good would come of bringing personal s**t in here.
my personal experience has lead me to the conclusion that these lockdown restrictions have and are causing far more harm than the virus ever could. its not even close. my friends and family have been devastated by lockdown policy. therefore, I will argue against them with everything I have. for the sake of myself, my family and everyone I know who has been affected by them.
I would ask anyone who supports these restrictions to consider the mental health patients whos care has been removed, those who have commited or attempted to commit suicide, those terminally ill cancer patients who had their treatment cancelled and life expectancy shortened, those who have had cancers left undiagnosed, those who died in hospital alone, those who were left fighting for their lives in intensive care alone, those who have lost their jobs, those who have lost their business, those who have lost their homes.
I could tell a true story about every single one of those instances from a friend or a family member. none of them linked to covid the disease. all of them linked to the lockdown.
thats my experience. others will have a totally different one, leading them to completely different conclusions. I just think it better to put that all aside and have an objective a discussion as is possible.

I second this

I have someone close to me with severe mental health issues and a child with special needs, everyone has their own personal issues whatever side of the fence you sit on
dannyboy73Icon...27-06-2021 @ 13:22 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
i agree in part.

However, I was pliable to follow rules to the letter for 2 weeks...not 18 months of obedience.

If some do not have any common sense thats their issue and not a good enough excuse to keep me and my family under perpetual dictatorship.

Ive always said that I will shake hands, not keep social distance etc with anyone who is like minded. If that person then gives Covid to a vaulnerable person then its their screw up not mine and I resent being made to feel any guilt about that.

Covid was mainly spread in hospitals and care homes. This is the governments screw up. That who where the finger should be pointing.
PeteHodgson said:
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...27-06-2021 @ 13:31 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
I think we all agree the Lockdown has had many deleterious effects which as a society we'll all be feeling for many years to come...which is surely one of the better reasons I can think of for following the guidelines to try and get it over with as quickly as possible...
AdamTIcon...27-06-2021 @ 13:34 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
dannyboy73 said:i agree in part.
However, I was pliable to follow rules to the letter for 2 weeks...not 18 months of obedience.
If some do not have any common sense thats their issue and not a good enough excuse to keep me and my family under perpetual dictatorship.
Ive always said that I will shake hands, not keep social distance etc with anyone who is like minded. If that person then gives Covid to a vaulnerable person then its their screw up not mine and I resent being made to feel any guilt about that.
Covid was mainly spread in hospitals and care homes. This is the governments screw up. That who where the finger should be pointing.

I shake hands if someone wants to

It's not like I invade anybodies private space, one has a choice

If people want to hide behind the sofa and wear masks while alone in the car? More power to them.
WILLSANIcon...27-06-2021 @ 16:02 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
ChrisMcCarthy said:I think we all agree the Lockdown has had many deleterious effects which as a society we'll all be feeling for many years to come...which is surely one of the better reasons I can think of for following the guidelines to try and get it over with as quickly as possible...

not if the deleterious effects far outweigh the benefits. which, amongst other topics, is what the large part of the debate in this thread has been over.

the question is, what is worse? the cure or the disease.
RickIcon...27-06-2021 @ 17:16 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Boar, I'm very sorry for your loss, and even sorrier for the way some people have seen fit to respond to it.

Ed was right; this thread is doing nothing but harm to anybody engaging in it honestly. The thread is closed, at least for a while; do not attempt to raise the topic elsewhere, or you will be banned.

12345678910 ... ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions