Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

EDCLARKEIcon...04-02-2021 @ 21:18 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
doesnt really sound like melvin naked shorting GME or robinhood shafting their own customers by conspiring to crash GME is going to be very high on the list of things that the SEC wants to investigate. posters on reddit do need a torch shone up their arse though.

sadly not at all suprising
RickIcon...05-02-2021 @ 10:12 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
The Robin Hood thing badly needs investigating. Of course, given that the financial industry has completely turned the regulators (like so many problematic industries), it may actually not have acted illegally. Damned well should be illegal, though.
WILLSANIcon...05-02-2021 @ 17:18 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:The Robin Hood thing badly needs investigating. Of course, given that the financial industry has completely turned the regulators (like so many problematic industries), it may actually not have acted illegally. Damned well should be illegal, though.

often they find misconduct and then fine the offending party what sounds to the layman like a huge amount but, in reality, is small change in comparison to the profits involved with the fraud. the banks just count the fines as an operating cost. that is my guess as to what will happen as there has been such an outcry that they would need to appear to have taken some sort of action.

I said:
however, the planned attack is to boost the physical and PSLV (similar to the above but is backed by physical) market so that the actual price decouples from the SLV price. currently, SLV sets the price but if 'real world' prices overtake the 'fixed' prices it will expose the fraud and provoke SLV contact holder to demand delivery of the metal. comex will not be able to deliver as they are short.

silver 1oz spot price is just under £20.

1oz silver britannias are going for £40-£50 with restricted availability.

if this physical demand holds up we could see some ructions in the silver market.
lukiIcon...05-02-2021 @ 21:13 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.02.2021 @ 21:14 PM by luki
WILLSAN said:
...could see some ructions in the silver market.

Why do I feel like Amd/Nvidia will be blaming PSLV prices for their lack of gpu availability very soon. They've used every other excuseHappy
EDCLARKEIcon...18-02-2021 @ 07:41 
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
interesting to see what's coming out about Cuomo covering up the actual death rate in New York nursing homes , i wonder if msnbc and cnn would have given Trunp such an easy ride for lying to Federal prosecutors . I wonder if it will affect the sales of his book .
The more i observe American politics the more dirty it seems , and when you look at our government handing out contracts to their mates you wonder if it isn't any better here and if it is better how long will it be before it's just as dirty a game here.
macrothIcon...18-02-2021 @ 08:21 
no longer the Swiss Deadlift record holder
Member 3517, 3367 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 122.5, DL 255
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
EDCLARKE said:i wonder if msnbc and cnn would have given Trunp such an easy ride for lying to Federal prosecutors .

I think you're getting ahead of yourself or conflating two separate things. There's a Federal investigation about nursing home deaths, and it is known that Cuomo fudged the numbers, but he hasn't lied to Federal prosecutors about it (yet?).
He's been taking a lot of heat from his own party over his handling of the pandemic
WILLSANIcon...18-02-2021 @ 09:12 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq

https://media.tenor.com/images/d2f07b87fe48b9a4416a5e87bccc792e/tenor.gif
danbaseleyIcon...18-02-2021 @ 10:34 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4468 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.02.2021 @ 10:38 AM by danbaseley
WILLSAN said:

https://media.tenor.com/images/d2f07b87fe48b9a4416a5e87bccc792e/tenor.gif

That's not what Biden meant - and you know it.

You just took a 90 second clip from his response on the CNN Town Hall.

He was talking about what heads of state in each respective country are expected to reflect.

He is an awful public speaker, but even I was able to tell from that short video, he was saying the opposite to what the video title infers: that he WILL speak out against violations to human rights in China.

The full answer to the question posed to him can be found here:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/02/17/china-uyghurs-human-rights-joe-biden-town-hall-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/joe-biden-town-hall/
WILLSANIcon...18-02-2021 @ 12:06 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.02.2021 @ 12:19 PM by WILLSAN
danbaseley said:
That's not what Biden meant - and you know it.
You just took a 90 second clip from his response on the CNN Town Hall.
He was talking about what heads of state in each respective country are expected to reflect.
He is an awful public speaker, but even I was able to tell from that short video, he was saying the opposite to what the video title infers: that he WILL speak out against violations to human rights in China.
The full answer to the question posed to him can be found here:
https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/02/17/china-uyghurs-human-rights-joe-biden-town-hall-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/joe-biden-town-hall/

yes you are right.

joe wasnt trying to mitigate the uighur genocide and the human rights abuses in HK with that little explainer. just adding context.

I got a bit confused when he started fondly reminiscing about his relationship with his good friend xi and began rambling about chinas demographic problem but when he was forced back on topic and asked what repercussions there might be for china he definitely let everyone know that he means business.

we are going to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the UN and other agencies.

sanctions dont come much bolder than that.

I also thought it was really kind of him at the end to offer advice to his good friend xi on what china needs to do to overtake the US as the world leader.

China is trying very hard to become the world leader. And to get that moniker and be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they are engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s going to be hard for them to do that.

I probably wouldve said 'genocide' instead of 'activity that is contrary to basic human rights' but it was a magnanimous gesture nonetheless.

and anyway, who cares about some uighurs having their organs harvested? russia is probably doing something worse than that somewhere.
WILLSANIcon...18-02-2021 @ 12:39 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
I said:
citadel own paper contracts on silver on comex. comex is a type of fractional reserve banking for precious metals. they sell promises to deliver metals and are actually obliged to deliver physical on demand. problem is the number of promises far outnumbers the actual supply that they have. this has been set up so that they can short market and rig the price. this is done with government approval with the understanding that they suppress the price of gold and silver. the reason they want the monetary metals suppressed is because we are on a fiat money system which, inherently, has rampant inflation. if the metals were allowed to freely trade they would track much higher and continually rise as governments continually debase their currencies. it would highlight that fiat money and the central banking system we are in is actually a massive con designed to benefit the banking elite.
however, the planned attack is to boost the physical and PSLV (similar to the above but is backed by physical) market so that the actual price decouples from the SLV price. currently, SLV sets the price but if 'real world' prices overtake the 'fixed' prices it will expose the fraud and provoke SLV contact holder to demand delivery of the metal. comex will not be able to deliver as they are short. this, in theory, would collapse the paper market, end the suppression and allow the metals to rise to their true value.

saw this meme explanation of what I am talking about here today. probably too niche for here but I lmao at it.

I wasnt at all sure this was even possible to do at first but I jumped on as and FU to the system anyway but I am seeing signs everywhere that it is moving forward.

fortunes are won and lost in these times.
EDCLARKEIcon...19-02-2021 @ 07:00 
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
macroth said:
I think you're getting ahead of yourself or conflating two separate things. There's a Federal investigation about nursing home deaths, and it is known that Cuomo fudged the numbers, but he hasn't lied to Federal prosecutors about it (yet?).
He's been taking a lot of heat from his own party over his handling of the pandemic

yes apologies in my haste to slag Cuomo off i mixed up the 2 parts of the story , should have said federal administrators and in fairness rather than lying i probably should have said deliberately misled . I wonder if he will give his Emmy award for leadership back
now.
this covers it pretty well:

EDCLARKEIcon...19-02-2021 @ 07:25 
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq

what do we think of this? are they being melodramatic or are they hitting the nail on the head , personally i think they are on the money.
WILLSANIcon...20-02-2021 @ 22:21 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.02.2021 @ 22:47 PM by WILLSAN
I said:https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-pick-for-defense-chief-s...

Biden defense pick earns $350K on Raytheon’s board
Raytheon Technologies has a backlog of defense orders valued at $72 billion

Biden, Harris introduce Secretary of Defense nominee
undefined

Lloyd Austin, the retired Army general chosen to serve as President-elect Joe Biden's secretary of defense, earned more than $350,000 last year as a member of military contractor Raytheon's board of directors, according to company filings.

if you think biden will be the next president and you dont mind a bit of middle eastern blood on your conscience buying raytheon stock probably wouldnt be a bad call right now.

https://seapowermagazine.org/state-dept-approves-sale-of-sm-2-missiles-to-chile/

State Dept. Approves Sale of SM-2 Missiles to Chile

WASHINGTON — The State Department has approved a possible Foreign Military Sale to the government of Chile of Standard Missile-2 (SM-2) Block IIIA missiles and related equipment for an estimated $85 million, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a Feb. 5 release.

The principal contractor will be Raytheon Missiles and Defense, Tucson, Arizona.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/17/us-sells-200m-in-weapons-t...

US sells $200m in weapons to Egypt despite human rights abuses

The $197m sale of Raytheon-made Rolling Airframe Missiles was requested by the Egyptian navy to improve coastal defences.

revolving door.
RickIcon...21-02-2021 @ 13:54 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Interesting article about the Facebook advisory board, which will be hearing an appeal against Trump's suspension:

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/inside-the-...
little_aIcon...21-02-2021 @ 18:34 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Rick said:http://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/inside-the-...

I clicked on that all excited before realising it said 'annals'. Not what I expected Unhappy

12345678910 ... ... 5859606162636465666768

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitUS Presidency
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions