Who's Online - 0 members and 139 guests

hows it going? f off 2020.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dannyboy73Icon...22-11-2020 @ 18:50 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
thats bloody dreafull, sorry for your loss.

Boar said:

my dad catching covid and dying was a low point
EDCLARKEIcon...22-11-2020 @ 19:03 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
not been too bad for us , the building trade for the moment is crazy busy and i was lucky enough to work through the first lockdown so as of now no financial worries , although what next year will be like i don't know. The wife has had a few moments where she's lost the plot from spending too much time reading social media and overdosing on coronvirus. The kids have mostly kept cheerful without moaning too much although they're school has introduced a policy where they have to wear a mask at all times when inside school buildings and they are not too happy about that.
sorry to hear your year has been so bad Danny , i feel pretty lucky that as a family so far we have been untouched by the misery of coronavirus the worst we've had is the wife getting upset that she can't hug her mum or dad .
One really good thing is that i have reconnected with my extended family in Canada and we all zoom together every weekend.
BillytheoldIcon...23-11-2020 @ 01:06 
Sugdens crazy old person.
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
People are perfect, others like Bigfoot and me are not! The basement of iron as now I am confined. Ham radio and frequ blaring good music like purrin down the highway shmack up down left right on off 1 or zero things are not so cool but cool! Smoked a Kool Menthol at 16 with my girlfriend! Beer I got Mad Elf! All good Danny! Where’s them crisp!
SamthepigmanIcon...23-11-2020 @ 10:07 
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
Billytheold said:People are perfect, others like Bigfoot and me are not! The basement of iron as now I am confined. Ham radio and frequ blaring good music like purrin down the highway shmack up down left right on off 1 or zero things are not so cool but cool! Smoked a Kool Menthol at 16 with my girlfriend! Beer I got Mad Elf! All good Danny! Where’s them crisp!

Your one of a kind Billy.
dannyboy73Icon...23-11-2020 @ 19:08 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
looking at you journal..enviously.

a massive positive for your 2020:

this year you got as strong as all hell Sam

Samthepigman said:
Your one of a kind Billy.
SamthepigmanIcon...24-11-2020 @ 12:31 
See You Next Tuesday
Member 2254, 3824 posts
SQ 240, BP 165, DL 300
705.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:looking at you journal..enviously.
a massive positive for your 2020:
this year you got as strong as all hell Sam

Haaa cheers. Yeh trainings gone / going really well. I put it down to having all my own equipment, so I haven't been reliant on the gyms and stuff. Otherwise it might of been a whole nother story Happy
BillytheoldIcon...24-11-2020 @ 13:30 
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Samthepigman said:
Haaa cheers. Yeh trainings gone / going really well. I put it down to having all my own equipment, so I haven't been reliant on the gyms and stuff. Otherwise it might of been a whole nother story Happy

Yep! Get up and walk but just steps! You need a goat for fans! Oinkers are cool fans! No one will see you train ever! I can do the same as some of the local weightlifters some people ask if I’m still training and they lie and say no. Not one rep will be seen.i still visit to buy a protein drink and some preachers now and then!
dannyboy73Icon...24-11-2020 @ 20:06 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
oh sorry missed this. i guess on paper it looks dreadful but tbh im pretty good and so are the wife and Vikings. as ive said to some, i am and remain in tact if i wasnt id soon be talking about it i dont really bottle anything up. best way? I think so.

anyhow, on a positive...ive exchange on my house and and moving presently so excited about that.

EDCLARKE said:
sorry to hear your year has been so bad Danny , .
danbaseleyIcon...24-11-2020 @ 23:18 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4468 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
My girlfriend of five years left me, and took our two children aged 2 and 3 with her, at the start of Lockdown 1.0.

She kept me on the hook at the family home, whilst she lived at her parents, for 6 months - saying she did not know how she felt.
Then in the space of a day made, effectively made me carless, jobless - by disconnecting the Internet - and homeless.
The car she took, then sat - unused on her parents gated drive for almost a month. At that point she had two SUVs, in a house which had 7 cars.
Had it not been for a local mate, who is a landlord at a pub, I'd have been jobless and on the street at the start of October.
She "allows" me to see my children for 3.5 hours a week, twice a week.

She tells me that I should be grateful for this - as its more than a lot of fathers get.

Still, it means I have not been hit by anyone in a while.

On the plus side, I have a six pack for the first time ever.
BillytheoldIcon...25-11-2020 @ 06:15 
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
danbaseley said:My girlfriend of five years left me, and took our two children aged 2 and 3 with her, at the start of Lockdown 1.0.

She kept me on the hook at the family home, whilst she lived at her parents, for 6 months - saying she did not know how she felt.
Then in the space of a day made, effectively made me carless, jobless - by disconnecting the Internet - and homeless.
The car she took, then sat - unused on her parents gated drive for almost a month. At that point she had two SUVs, in a house which had 7 cars.
Had it not been for a local mate, who is a landlord at a pub, I'd have been jobless and on the street at the start of October.

She tells me that I should be grateful for this - as its more than a lot of fathers get.

I get this my friend! You must stay strong! Trust in yourself and you will stay young. Men have a better shelf life said a female movie star. I left my 2 Nd and left a gym apartments my clothes and had 10 bucks then the journey begun!

slimsimIcon...25-11-2020 @ 09:37 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
danbaseley said:My girlfriend of five years left me, and took our two children aged 2 and 3 with her, at the start of Lockdown 1.0.

s**t, that sounds f**king awful mate, so sorry to hear this. Us men really seem to get the s**tty end of the stick in these situations. That said, make sure you keep hold of what you can. Can you use your phone to set up a personal hotspot and use that for internet for the laptop? Is the car in her name? If not, get it the f**k back. Start court proceedings over access, you'd like get at least every other weekend plus one night during the week so far better than what she's allowing you currently. Don't let this break you man!!
danbaseleyIcon...25-11-2020 @ 09:50 
Member 1252, 4468 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
s**t, that sounds f**king awful mate, so sorry to hear this. Us men really seem to get the s**tty end of the stick in these situations. That said, make sure you keep hold of what you can. Can you use your phone to set up a personal hotspot and use that for internet for the laptop? Is the car in her name? If not, get it the f**k back. Start court proceedings over access, you'd like get at least every other weekend plus one night during the week so far better than what she's allowing you currently. Don't let this break you man!!

I'm okay work and housing wise.

I messaged her today, in terms of what is happening with her and the kids over the next year. Obviously, I would like to be reasonably close to them, so I am not travelling hours to see them.

Her response was "It's not up to me to tell you what to do with your life. You know how I feel about you having the boys right now and in the next year, or so. I'm not going to comment on how I may feel in the future".

Just remember - she hit me, twice, in the last year. I never so much as laid a finger on her. But, she has convinced herself I am the issue.

A mate of mine who is a clinical psychologist, said that she has a classic narcissistic view of herself: she can never view herself as the antagonist - only the victim, or hero.

So, she does mental gymnastics - and extols her continual control freakery - to convince herself, that I am a bad person: and she is beyond reproach.

Which is somewhat challenging for me. To say the least.
BillytheoldIcon...25-11-2020 @ 12:37 
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
For Wayne!

BillytheoldIcon...25-11-2020 @ 12:50 
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Dan! The ex father in law was friends with the cop! Equal Rights? In my state men have the shaft! I raised a girl for 18 years paid. All 18 years, but they locked me up when I owed a grand! Hang in there . I believe I was just in a political time where they sent 6 sheriffs to hunt me down ruin my life at the time. Dude that never pays enjoying a beer probably now! Love life and the best thing we can do is the right thing and WIN
danbaseleyIcon...25-11-2020 @ 15:08 
Member 1252, 4468 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
You're right Billy.

I need to dust myself, and stand tall - again.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions