REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 185 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... 575859 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

WILLSANIcon...19-05-2020 @ 10:47 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
I'm not sure suspect quality vaccines get released and they also go through rigorous testing to confirm they work. The whole anti-vax brigade may want you to believe otherwise, and yes, there are risks as there are with anything but I'm not sure there's a massive risk in having a vaccine compared with say choking on a fish bone, tripping and banging your head and dying, being in a fatal car crash etc.

the risk with a vaccine in this situation is that it will be rushed through testing. it simply will not be possible to assess whether there will be any long term negative effects on those who take it due to the time constraints.

and some of the front runners are RNA vaccines which have never been used on a human population before.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/covid-19-mrna-bas...

we have no idea what the long term consequences could be of introducing a vaccine like this on a large scale could be.

given what we are finding out about the virus I believe the government should be pushing a public health campaign to promote supplementation of vitamin d, c and zinc - even subsidising them. they should also be telling it straight that being obese is putting you at much higher risk and promoting ways to support people with loosing weight to protect themselves. we know this is safe and even would have a negative risk benefit.

compare that approach to risking the health of the healthy and unhealthy populations on a vaccine that will be rushed through development with safety bars lowered to speed the process along.

unfortunately vitamins and exercise will not make billions for the pharmaceutical industry and we have become a society that would rather pop a pill than take responsibility for our own health.
BillytheoldIcon...19-05-2020 @ 11:14 
Sugdens crazy old person.
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
A can an a string wins. Why would I tell you that your mansion has mold if theire was a great loss if you didn’t buy it?

https://www.talktomira.com/post/is-5g-dangerous-or-harmful-to-our-h...
dannyboy73Icon...19-05-2020 @ 13:24 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 19.05.2020 @ 13:27 PM by dannyboy73
my thought is simple...

if you are in the risk group then have a rushed through vaccine.

if you are healthy and under 40...almost zero chance of death.under 70 not a great chance of death either unless you have an underlying issue you are unaware of of course.

but no, me and my family immediate and wide family dont want it thank you. we have looked at the stats and only my nan would need it to protect the shielders to go back to normal... meanwhile she can jolly well stay in doors.

protect the shielders...now thats a concept worth exploring.

because where im standing, there aint gonna be much of a future for the healthy working and were just managing pre-covid majority.
JohnGymIcon...19-05-2020 @ 13:28 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Everyone vulnerable should be protected by the job retention scheme, everyone else should go back to work and get the economy open.

I f**king hate the Tories and their supporters. Utter c**ts.
WILLSANIcon...19-05-2020 @ 13:53 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
JohnGym said:Everyone vulnerable should be protected by the job retention scheme, everyone else should go back to work and get the economy open.

I f**king hate the Tories and their supporters. Utter c**ts.

are these statements related?

havent heard anyone from the political class of either colour calling for this.

other than this guy..

right now, playing party politics just weakens the power of the people and strengthens the hands of those playing political games with the publics lives and livelihoods.
JohnGymIcon...19-05-2020 @ 14:02 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Boris Johnson is a c**t and so are his supporters.

I have nothing more to add.
WILLSANIcon...19-05-2020 @ 14:13 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
JohnGym said:Boris Johnson is a c**t and so are his supporters.

AdamTIcon...19-05-2020 @ 15:03 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
JohnGym said:Boris Johnson is a c**t and so are his supporters.

I can't understand why anyone votes for them

All politicians are pretty much liars, but they are c**ts
dannyboy73Icon...19-05-2020 @ 15:19 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 19.05.2020 @ 15:19 PM by dannyboy73
i think there will be a lot of anger in the coming years as the economic crisis unfolds...and guess who the losers will be?

not the Eaton riffles i can tell you boys...

AdamT said:
I can't understand why anyone votes for them
All politicians are pretty much liars, but they are c**ts
slow_lift_joeIcon...19-05-2020 @ 16:55 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
Willsan you make some good points about vitamins and especially the Vitamin D deficiency in the population as a whole.
There is some data showing that a lot of people who died did have vitamin D deficiency but more data is required, so this not completely confirmed but a lot of leading medical professionals are stating the importance of vitamin D with COVID 19.

I have never understood why a good dose for common sense is not dealt out :-

1. If you are obese you need to lose weight and you are at risk.
2. Stop smoking and drinking heavy, get healthy and give up the Domino's
(I have seen too many Domino's van during this crisis)
3. We are not hunter gathers anymore, and we spend too much time indoors hence the vitamin D deficiency get out and walk or move a yoke or ride a bike.
4. Get strong, strong people are more resilient.

I am not saying vitamin D and a barbell is going to fully protect you from COVID 19 but if you are stronger and your nutrients with minerals and vitamins are in solid order you are in a better place.

Also another factor which is being looked into is the subject of a ventilator referrals, again no solid data yet but there is talk a lot of doctors in USA placing patients onto a ventilator too early or when the body could have possibly worked harder to recover without a ventilator, the ventilator could do more damage than good, again more data required, nothing proven yet.

Final point on a vaccine you might be right Adam but a solution must be found otherwise the World economy falls and never recovers, unless Gates is waiting in the wings with Jeff Bezos to deliver the miracle via a Elon Musk car and we all applaud and upload the COVID 19 tracker and let the government take more authoritarian action.
Either way we need economic prosperity and social stability or it all goes down hill.
We still need education, jobs, income, healthcare, a dwelling to live, food and fun...otherwise you will get social unrest.....obedience to a system is fine but unless there is a reward or a life worth living what is the point.

Keep safe and healthy.
AdamTIcon...19-05-2020 @ 17:03 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
slow_lift_joe said:Willsan you make some good points about vitamins and especially the Vitamin D deficiency in the population as a whole.
There is some data showing that a lot of people who died did have vitamin D deficiency but more data is required, so this not completely confirmed but a lot of leading medical professionals are stating the importance of vitamin D with COVID 19.

I have never understood why a good dose for common sense is not dealt out :-

1. If you are obese you need to lose weight and you are at risk.
2. Stop smoking and drinking heavy, get healthy and give up the Domino's
(I have seen too many Domino's van during this crisis)
3. We are not hunter gathers anymore, and we spend too much time indoors hence the vitamin D deficiency get out and walk or move a yoke or ride a bike.
4. Get strong, strong people are more resilient.

I am not saying vitamin D and a barbell is going to fully protect you from COVID 19 but if you are stronger and your nutrients with minerals and vitamins are in solid order you are in a better place.

Also another factor which is being looked into is the subject of a ventilator referrals, again no solid data yet but there is talk a lot of doctors in USA placing patients onto a ventilator too early or when the body could have possibly worked harder to recover without a ventilator, the ventilator could do more damage than good, again more data required, nothing proven yet.

Final point on a vaccine you might be right Adam but a solution must be found otherwise the World economy falls and never recovers, unless Gates is waiting in the wings with Jeff Bezos to deliver the miracle via a Elon Musk car and we all applaud and upload the COVID 19 tracker and let the government take more authoritarian action.
Either way we need economic prosperity and social stability or it all goes down hill.
We still need education, jobs, income, healthcare, a dwelling to live, food and fun...otherwise you will get social unrest.....obedience to a system is fine but unless there is a reward or a life worth living what is the point.

Keep safe and healthy.

I wouldn't trust Gates or his witch wife

Keep safe too man
WILLSANIcon...21-05-2020 @ 12:09 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq

great discussion on the benefits of vit d through the lense of coronavirus.

get your tits out in dat sun boise.
lukiIcon...21-05-2020 @ 13:52 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
...other than this guy..

The problem with this arguesment is can you believe any of the stats. Johnson has a reopen narative, has concentrated power in No 10 by getting rid of anyone elses press office and has effectively subjugated the cabinet like he is a king or US President. How long before we find out the Covid App is doing something like this to support his reopen narative?
https://cbs12.com/news/local/woman-who-designed-floridas-covid-19-dashboard-has-been-removed-from-her-position?fbclid=IwAR0B7eJvMI87dfIrciFoMA7q1hBFd513bGet9sKBCcQdMaV8R5KzoLm6oIk
WILLSANIcon...21-05-2020 @ 14:42 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
luki said:
The problem with this arguesment is can you believe any of the stats. Johnson has a reopen narative, has concentrated power in No 10 by getting rid of anyone elses press office and has effectively subjugated the cabinet like he is a king or US President. How long before we find out the Covid App is doing something like this to support his reopen narative?
https://cbs12.com/news/local/woman-who-designed-floridas-covid-19-dashboard-has-been-removed-from-her-position?fbclid=IwAR0B7eJvMI87dfIrciFoMA7q1hBFd513bGet9sKBCcQdMaV8R5KzoLm6oIk

there is a point at which the number of potential deaths from the lockdown will supercede the number of potential deaths from wu flu. where that point comes is a matter of discussion but I dont see anyone seriously arguing that we shouldnt be trying to restart the economy. at the end of the day johnson will get f**ked if he gets it wrong whichever way he pushes it so I dont see a motivation for deception.
lukiIcon...21-05-2020 @ 17:27 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.05.2020 @ 17:29 PM by luki
WILLSAN said:
...at the end of the day johnson will get f**ked if he gets it wrong whichever way he pushes it so I dont see a motivation for deception.
Isn’t this how Blair argues Iraq war II. We went with advice and evidence on wmd so are not to blame if incorrect decisions made in hindsight. However, Blairs regime created and are responsible for the information on which he acted. He and Alister Campbell where the first UK leadership that acted like a Bannon-Trump style US President leadership.

Anyways time will tell.

We have our first holiday flights available here since lockdown. July sun trips To EU. It’s not clear if tourists will need a quarantine on arrival there and back.

12345678910 ... 575859 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions