REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 156 guests

The Game Changers (Film) - Anyone seen this?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PikefingersIconThe Game Changers (Film) - Anyone seen this?02-01-2020 @ 14:32 
Squatting isn't doing my back any good.
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Has anyone else here watched 'The Game Changers'?

https://gamechangersmovie.com/

What did you think?

Has it made you change your mind about eating meat?

I made the mistake of watching this today - the first day (for me) after the festive season, which means the first day after several weeks of excessive eating. It made me think about my diet.

However, it's making such bold claims (essentially saying that we should not be eating animal products at all and that being vegan will make us ripped-up and tough sexy beasts), that I feel wonder whether - if this was all really soundly proven stuff - this wouldn't be on the news, rather than just a Netflix film.
DeanW92Icon...02-01-2020 @ 18:48 
Member 4496, 1446 posts
SQ 240, BP 200, DL 300
740.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
I haven't watched it but i imagine there is a lot of crap in it that isn't proven or is backed up by studies that are contradicted in a different study. I do know that doctors currently advise against it for pregnant women and young children due to some deficiencies in certain aspects of this "diet" and so how can it be good for people who are trying to push the boundaries in strength sports or bodybuilding.

Whenever any sort of diet is looked at in depth the same conclusion is always drawn upon, at that is a balanced diet prevails all. Cutting out a whole food category such as meat can no way be beneficial.

I also spoke to someone recently who is vegan and spoke about the strongman it talks about, i was quick to shut him down with the fact that he isnt in the top 20 strongmen in the world. I am curious to watch and see how it portrays him.
dannyboy73Icon...02-01-2020 @ 18:53 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
i saw it.

not a game changer for me.

If anything, Ive come to realise that I digest red unprocessed meat far better than chicken or fish veg alternatives such as Quoarn which make me stinky windy

Hell of a lot of herding going on out there...its damn hard to cut to the truth...for anything and not just food!

dont be a sheep, man Wink

live as you see fit and leave being holy to the preachers.
danbaseleyIcon...03-01-2020 @ 11:25 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4475 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
The strongman involved in the film is Patrik Baboumian.

He is clearly a strong dude.

And I dare say, he is/was/has been on gear - which makes much more of an impact on one's training than quorn fillets.

But, he is clearly a bulls**tter of the highest order. And the producers obviously made no effort to verify any of the strength claims and record claims he makes.

You might recognise him as the small strongman guy off of the YouTube Strength Wars series.

Until this film came out, that's all he ever was.

But in the film, it is made "clear" that he was a world class strongman - nah, not really - who held the World Max Yoke Record - LIES!!! - amongst other "achievements".

He was interviewed recently by everyone's favourite not so natty, vegan, "weightlifter" who never actually competes at weightlifting: Clarence Kennedy.

The two of them had a good time, perpetuating the myth of Baboumian's talents.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...03-01-2020 @ 13:45 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
danbaseley said:
And I dare say, he is/was/has been on gear - which makes much more of an impact on one's training than quorn fillets.

Loal Grin
BoarIcon...03-01-2020 @ 17:52 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25557 posts
Administrator
I don't eat meat because the cruelty to animals is just super mega terrible , I cant say i am a vegan as i have 2 brews a day.

the film was ok
dannyboy73Icon...04-01-2020 @ 19:52 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 04.01.2020 @ 19:55 PM by dannyboy73
I get that. my wife refuses to purchase chicken anymore inspired by ethics but driven by inflation. If fact, we consume much less meat than 10 years ago mainly driven by austerity price increases.

Thank the gods for myprotein

I honestly think the choice of what we are allowed to eat will be taken away from us anyway -I fully expect meat to be outlawed in the very near future and these conversations will be redundant.

Boar said:I don't eat meat because the cruelty to animals is just super mega terrible , I cant say i am a vegan as i have 2 brews a day.

the film was ok
PikefingersIcon...04-01-2020 @ 21:33 
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
danbaseley said:The strongman involved in the film is Patrik Baboumian.

He is clearly a strong dude.

But, he is clearly a bulls**tter of the highest order. And the producers obviously made no effort to verify any of the strength claims and record claims he makes.

You might recognise him as the small strongman guy off of the YouTube Strength Wars series.

Until this film came out, that's all he ever was.

But in the film, it is made "clear" that he was a world class strongman - nah, not really - who held the World Max Yoke Record - LIES!!! - amongst other "achievements".

He was interviewed recently by everyone's favourite not so natty, vegan, "weightlifter" who never actually competes at weightlifting: Clarence Kennedy.

The two of them had a good time, perpetuating the myth of Baboumian's talents.

I did think it was amusing that they were touting this guy as basically the world’s strongest man, as I personally hadn’t even heard of him despite being a fairly avid follower of strength sport in general.

Anyway, the upshot of all this (watching this film whilst feeling new year’s guilt after gorging heavily like a meatasaurus - and then doing online food shopping) is that I now have a pack of something called ‘Heck’ arriving on Monday. 😁
PikefingersIcon...04-01-2020 @ 21:35 
Member 5108, 869 posts
SQ 170, BP 125, DL 210
505.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:I get that. my wife refuses to purchase chicken anymore inspired by ethics but driven by inflation. If fact, we consume much less meat than 10 years ago mainly driven by austerity price increases.
Thank the gods for myprotein
I honestly think the choice of what we are allowed to eat will be taken away from us anyway -I fully expect meat to be outlawed in the very near future and these conversations will be redundant.

I’m expecting there to be heavy taxes applied for meat, particularly red meat, in the near future.
jediIcon...23-01-2020 @ 16:18 
Member 4002, 60 posts
SQ 250, BP 165, DL 272.5
687.5 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
I watched it and was all set to throw my sossijiz in the bin!
Then I did think that it was somewhat one-sided in its approach so had a quick search on youtube under "Game Changers debunked" and came across this vid from Layne Norton which does address some of the worst of the scientific bloopers in the argument as presented in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ju_HdWB0Y
billynomatesIcon...23-01-2020 @ 17:34 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
jedi said:I watched it and was all set to throw my sossijiz in the bin!
Then I did think that it was somewhat one-sided in its approach so had a quick search on youtube under "Game Changers debunked" and came across this vid from Layne Norton which does address some of the worst of the scientific bloopers in the argument as presented in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ju_HdWB0Y

If you look at the many many executive producers for the film, its a long list of left leaning liberals. They're defo pushing an agenda, not trying to take a balanced approach to analysing the issue.

I like to make an effort to reduce my carbon footprint, but when governments and institutions arent leading the way it makes you wonder why the man on the street should bother.

It emerged this week that emissions of one of the most potent greenhouse gases is massively higher than has been reported. Probably due to dishonesty by China and India on reporting their figures. Reading the news is depressing, I'm going to stop Grin
The_Lone_WolfIcon...24-01-2020 @ 09:44 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2996 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
I think we all know that we should eat more healthy options like veg and fruit, and cut down on processed or poor quality food options. This is not new, or even rocket science.

Generally farming in the UK is the best in the world, and we produce some of the best quality meat, with the best ethics and standards going. The UK is part of the problem by default, but when I see f**kers claiming UK beef is killing the planet, as they tuck into a Avocado that's flown from the other side of the world and has a bigger carbon foot print than my rib eye, they need to take a good long look at themselves.
matthewvcIcon...25-01-2020 @ 22:27 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3221 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
Not watched it. Veganism seems
to be very much an exclusively western middle class pursuit.
Only vegan thing I’ve seen in Thailand was a restaurant in Bangkok obviously aimed at farang (westerners).. normal Thai diet, meat is consumed with gay abandon
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions