Who's Online - 0 members and 152 guests

Political thread anyone?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

KevC86Icon...20-12-2019 @ 11:38 
Member 5141, 4186 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
EVERYONE should have income protection, whether you get sick pay from work or not.

This reminds me you and i must have a conversation about life insurance. When are you expecting to be working over the next couple of weeks? Drop me a message
matthewvcIcon...20-12-2019 @ 23:08 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3207 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
5+ more years of Boris asshole and the nasty party is the final straw for me. I’ve tried 3 times to get a visa for my missus and kid to come to UK and due to the Tory ‘hostile environment’ no luck. I travel between Thailand and UK (work as IT consultant in fintech space - extremely good money as you can imagine) but I am now ‘downsizing’, moving all my assets out of UK into a Thai Baht account and getting out of britain as soon as I can.. selling house, high performance car, recording studio should raise me another 10-15 million baht and hopefully in 12-18 months be able to move to Saraburi Thailand for good and work there with missus on our health and beauty business (once there for 5 years iirc can do citizenship and become a proper Thai citizen). TBH I’d advise anyone with any skills to get out of UK... the place is rotten to the core now, rampant inequality, big corps paying f*ck all tax whilst there’s record poverty, working families needing foodbanks, record homelessness, NHS on its knees, housing crisis you name it.
AdamTIcon...21-12-2019 @ 15:15 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
matthewvc said:5+ more years of Boris asshole and the nasty party is the final straw for me. I’ve tried 3 times to get a visa for my missus and kid to come to UK and due to the Tory ‘hostile environment’ no luck. I travel between Thailand and UK (work as IT consultant in fintech space - extremely good money as you can imagine) but I am now ‘downsizing’, moving all my assets out of UK into a Thai Baht account and getting out of britain as soon as I can.. selling house, high performance car, recording studio should raise me another 10-15 million baht and hopefully in 12-18 months be able to move to Saraburi Thailand for good and work there with missus on our health and beauty business (once there for 5 years iirc can do citizenship and become a proper Thai citizen). TBH I’d advise anyone with any skills to get out of UK... the place is rotten to the core now, rampant inequality, big corps paying f*ck all tax whilst there’s record poverty, working families needing foodbanks, record homelessness, NHS on its knees, housing crisis you name it.

Couldn't agree more

Can't understand why anyone would want Boris?

I hope the small part of the UK I live in doesn't go back 20 years?

I might look out of it myself soon
scruffmcbuffIcon...21-12-2019 @ 17:48 
Lovely ass Congrats.
Member 5958, 2315 posts
SQ 280, BP 170, DL 300
750.0 kgs @ 138kgs UnEq
matthewvc said:5+ more years of Boris asshole and the nasty party is the final straw for me. I’ve tried 3 times to get a visa for my missus and kid to come to UK and due to the Tory ‘hostile environment’ no luck. I travel between Thailand and UK (work as IT consultant in fintech space - extremely good money as you can imagine) but I am now ‘downsizing’, moving all my assets out of UK into a Thai Baht account and getting out of britain as soon as I can.. selling house, high performance car, recording studio should raise me another 10-15 million baht and hopefully in 12-18 months be able to move to Saraburi Thailand for good and work there with missus on our health and beauty business (once there for 5 years iirc can do citizenship and become a proper Thai citizen). TBH I’d advise anyone with any skills to get out of UK... the place is rotten to the core now, rampant inequality, big corps paying f*ck all tax whilst there’s record poverty, working families needing foodbanks, record homelessness, NHS on its knees, housing crisis you name it.

Good luck on the move mate.
Ive looked in to iceland before. Failing that, Holland is my next port of call!
dannyboy73Icon...22-12-2019 @ 11:21 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
my brother is from Finland.

The whole system is geared to fairness and far greater social support for the whole of society and yet the country has prosperity... they appear a lot happier, those Scandinavians.

This county always has been for the few not the many. With people confusing their positions and actual opeprtunity... in the great scheme of things, Why would anyone expect it to change?

I think its fair to say that on the whole, British people vote for what they would be and not what they are. Turkeys who would be land owning farmers??? Tongue

scruffmcbuff said:
Good luck on the move mate.
Ive looked in to iceland before. Failing that, Holland is my next port of call!
RickIcon...22-12-2019 @ 12:24 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10032 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
matthewvc said:recording studio

I knew we were both interested in cars, but I don't think I knew this about you. (No reason I should, of course.) What sort of work do you do? My own studio probably has a second-hand value of under a grand if you leave out the purely guitar-related stuff, mind you. All "in the box" for me these days.

I would apologise for the thread drift, but this thread is probably due to drift, it's getting depressing (rightly).

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions