REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 111 guests

First Man Film, Did The USA Go To The Moon ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 14:38 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Post Edited: 22.07.2019 @ 14:49 PM by ChrisMcCarthy
Rick said:
Denialists (of all kinds, climate change is another excellent example) don't tend to address the mountain of positive evidence, but instead invite us to explain pieces of what they see as negative evidence.
I still think the most convincing argument comes down to Sherlock's dictum: eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth. It is certainly unlikely, a priori, that we put men on the moon and brought them back with 1960s technology. But it is IMPOSSIBLE that a six-figure number of people colluded to keep a non-boring secret for fifty years.

Out of all the Anti-*insert Conspiracy Theory of Choice* arguments I will be honest I find this one of the LEAST compelling - after all, we are talking about a lot of them...

You and I are about the same age Rick and so will remember a time where there were lots of people who were told they were making fuel injectors for Tractors when really they were making "a Thingamibob That's Going to Win the War", to quote Gracie Fields...
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 14:54 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Wayne_Cowdrey said:We are told about these reflectors on the Moon. Has anyone independently shone high powered lasers at them? If they are indeed there, it appears to prove that the Moon physically exists and is reachable (by unmanned missions at least).

People have...but I guess if one questions the Moon Landings one would question the independence of those claiming to have used the reflectors...
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 15:04 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22042 posts
Loal. Got into my car to go to work, turned the radio on and "If you believe they put a man on the Moon..." was playing, and on my way to work I passed a lorry with "APOLLO" on it Grin
RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 15:31 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
ChrisMcCarthy said:
Out of all the Anti-*insert Conspiracy Theory of Choice* arguments I will be honest I find this one of the LEAST compelling - after all, we are talking about a lot of them...
You and I are about the same age Rick and so will remember a time where there were lots of people who were told they were making fuel injectors for Tractors when really they were making "a Thingamibob That's Going to Win the War", to quote Gracie Fields...

Yes, we are (unfortunately) talking about them, but not because any insiders have come forward to spill the beans!

As for the second bit, I'm not sure I do remember that. I'm 44.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 15:35 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Post Edited: 22.07.2019 @ 15:36 PM by ChrisMcCarthy
Rick said:
As for the second bit, I'm not sure I do remember that. I'm 44.

Oh.

I'm 40.

🤭
WILLSANIcon...22-07-2019 @ 15:46 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:
Denialists

RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 16:25 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
ChrisMcCarthy said:
Oh.
I'm 40.
🤭

Then I'm genuinely unsure what you're talking about. In fairness it's been a long time since the 90s and I wasn't paying attention for all of it.
AMH_PowerIcon...22-07-2019 @ 16:35 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Rick said:
Skype isn't designed for fixed cameras (or for bandwidth that low, for that matter). When you optimise for fixed cameras, you photograph and send a background, and then, basically, compress and send a diff stream. When your camera is likely to move, as Skype cameras are, this doesn't work well for reasons that I trust are obvious.

Just pointing out that 300Mbps downlink and 25Mbps uplink isn't exactly a slow connection. You can have a dedicated Ku TDRS stream at 128k with decent quality video.

We used to allocate TDM slots of 128Kbps from the same BGAN satellite; a small handheld device.

I know there will be other demands, but on a TDM trunk contention isn't a thing. It will have a predefined time slot (channel). Ku/a band is as high as bandwidth gets.... It's latency that's the issue.

Worth mentioning also that the packets are UDP (it's video!). Error correction only occurs with TCP... Unless NASA have reinvented IP protocols just for their magic software.

There's no way for the receiving side to know if the data it received is correct or incorrect (unless it's TCP, but then you wouldn't have errors in the first place).

Glitches can only occur with UDP, TCP carries out CRC and requests the data again that fails the check.

So UDP is the only way you'd get glitches... But then the recipient wouldn't correct it because there's no way to check.

No pun intended, I spend most my day sniffing packets! This stuff is my current expertise.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 16:51 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22042 posts
I've been Googling. Apparently it's possible to get a laser to bounce off the Moon even without reflectors.
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 16:57 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
Rick said:
Then I'm genuinely unsure what you're talking about. In fairness it's been a long time since the 90s and I wasn't paying attention for all of it.

I meant back then there were plenty of people alive who'd worked for the War Effort.
jtIcon...22-07-2019 @ 17:17 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7865 posts
Theres a lot of complicated bo***cks in this thread which I dont understand

I do understand the bravery of the astronauts who risked their lives time and time again

To those that don't believe it on behalf of all those great men I say "may your testicles (if you have any) grow square and fester on every corner"

I won't respond to any of you unbelieving pricks.
BillytheoldIcon...22-07-2019 @ 17:21 
Sugdens crazy old person.
Member 4936, 7288 posts
SQ 270, BP 155, DL 270
695.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Loal. Got into my car to go to work, turned the radio on and "If you believe they put a man on the Moon..." was playing, and on my way to work I passed a lorry with "APOLLO" on it Grin

Moon Bounce it’s called!
AMH_PowerIcon...22-07-2019 @ 17:34 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Rick, do you believe in extraterrestrials?

Neil Armstrong said they warned him off the moon. You can see this on interview (loads of videos on it), it goes hand in hand with his story of landing on the moon. You can listen to the original broadcast too, where he says they are on the crater edge watching him.

I'm amazed at the amount of people that say we landed on the moon, but do not believe in ET's...

Yet the freemason who landed on the moon, is the same freemason that reports menacing alien craft intimidating him on the moon.

What are your thoughts on this?
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 17:42 
Member 4899, 2956 posts
What's Neil A backwards?
RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 19:36 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
AMH_Power said:Rick, do you believe in extraterrestrials?

Neil Armstrong said they warned him off the moon. You can see this on interview (loads of videos on it), it goes hand in hand with his story of landing on the moon. You can listen to the original broadcast too, where he says they are on the crater edge watching him.

I'm amazed at the amount of people that say we landed on the moon, but do not believe in ET's...

Yet the freemason who landed on the moon, is the same freemason that reports menacing alien craft intimidating him on the moon.

What are your thoughts on this?

As far as I know, and a quick search seems to back it up, the story that Armstrong encountered aliens on the moon is a hoax perpetrated by a prolific comic book writer (Captain Marvel, and many others) named Otto Binder. UFO sites often refer to him as a former NASA employee. This is simply not true, he wasn't.

I think it is extremely likely, verging on certain, that there's alien life; bacteria-like, yes, and I personally think it very likely that there's multicellular life, but there's no evidence for the latter that I know of. It's not clear that multicellular life arose more than once here, whereas simple life seems to be almost inevitable in an atmosphere like that of early Earth. I think it plausible that there's intelligent, tool-using alien life. But either we've missed some technology that's obvious to everybody else or there aren't many of them, because otherwise their radio emissions would be obvious.

But the cool sexy stuff - visiting us? You have to assume that they can cross truly unimaginable distances relatively easily, using not just engineering but physics which contradict everything we think we know. You have to assume that we are somehow interesting enough to look at and occasionally abduct, but not interesting enough to talk to. You have to assume the sudden drop in the numbers of alien "sightings" when everybody started carrying cameras in their pockets at all times, and their tendency to appear to the drunk and confused in the middle of nowhere and on their own, are all cunning and apparently unmotivated attempts to freak us out (which they could do incredibly thoroughly by simply revealing themselves). No. Unexplained things, strange lights in the sky, certainly happen, but they are just that - unidentified, not alien.

We used to explain thunder by saying the gods were angry. Now some people explain things with aliens. Same tune, different lyrics.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions