REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 142 guests

First Man Film, Did The USA Go To The Moon ?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

WILLSANIcon...21-07-2019 @ 22:30 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Sparrow said:
WILLSAN said:this is my favourite nasa astronaut.

he reminds me of someone. just cant place it though...

He reminds me of Louis Theroux.

the late great..

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OWON3ZQvKeo/maxresdefault.jpg
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 02:15 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
AMH_Power said:
Are we referring to the same one? With the tin of tuna in front? How can interference make him vanish in parts but leaving the objects behind him in clear view? Impossible.

I don't know enough about the way the technology involved here turns the received information into a visual display to know it's definitively impossible and I am guessing you don't, either...it looks like the algorithm is replacing the missing / damaged information with what it "expects" to be there or what it is told to default to, which in both instances might look like a still image taken before the astronaut enters the frame...
WILLSANIcon...22-07-2019 @ 08:06 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
ChrisMcCarthy said:
I don't know enough about the way the technology involved here turns the received information into a visual display to know it's definitively impossible and I am guessing you don't, either...it looks like the algorithm is replacing the missing / damaged information with what it "expects" to be there or what it is told to default to, which in both instances might look like a still image taken before the astronaut enters the frame...

loal.
RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 08:18 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Having used Google... apparently most moons are 'tidally locked' to their planet. Didn't know that Happy

This is an extremely cool piece of physics. If it weren't for tidal locking effects the earth would still be spinning much closer to the six-hour day it had shortly after coalescing. Eventually we would slow down enough that we would lock to the moon also, so it would just hang in the sky (or, from the other side of the world, never be seen), like Charon and Pluto, and there would be no significant tides, but that would take rather longer than we have before the sun swallows us all up.

You don't always get this 1:1 lock, either. Mercury's locked to the sun 3:2 (it spins three times over two rotations), which means that if you lived on Mercury you'd see one "day" every two "years" (this is confusing because of the way the rotations interact). People used to think Mercury was 1:1 locked, and Larry Niven wrote a story called "the coldest place" set on the "dark side of Mercury" which got published at about the same time we figured out there actually wasn't one.
RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 08:22 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
ChrisMcCarthy said:

Almost like smart visual error correction and interpolation over noisy narrow data channels is an absolutely standard practice, eh.
AMH_PowerIcon...22-07-2019 @ 09:42 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Rick said:
Almost like smart visual error correction and interpolation over noisy narrow data channels is an absolutely standard practice, eh.

Error correction works on CRC for IP (or frame check sequence over multiplexed channels)

How does interpolating data magically create things behind it. The things behind it and the astronaut are the same data stream.

Error correction to magically create the background haha. The background and the astronaut are one in the same as far as the camera is concerned.
slimsimIcon...22-07-2019 @ 09:47 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
I've got a friend who works for the relatively newly formed British Space Agency. He was selected for a role when there were 2,000 applicants so he's pretty clued up.

I asked him what his thoughts were and he's convinced we did go. One thing he said, which is pretty compelling,is that there are reflectors place on the moon which enable you to shine a laser at them from earth to determine the exact distance between us. Obviously, you need a pretty powerful laser so it's not something which can be done from home, but if this is the case is it not a strong argument that we have sent rockets out of LEO and beyond?
AMH_PowerIcon...22-07-2019 @ 09:55 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
I hate it when I'm skyping and stand behind a door and it glitches, and they can still see me! Damn error correction...
slimsimIcon...22-07-2019 @ 09:55 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 22.07.2019 @ 13:14 PM by slimsim
WILLSAN said:
the late great..
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OWON3ZQvKeo/maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that video without it making me think NASA is a big hoax!!! If that bloke doesn't have SEN I'd be amazed. I wouldn't trust him to use a kettle let alone fly a spaceship!
WILLSANIcon...22-07-2019 @ 12:53 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
slimsim said:
I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of that video to make me think NASA is a big hoax!!! If that bloke doesn't have SEN I'd be amazed. I wouldn't trust him to use a kettle let alone fly a spaceship!

something strange about these dudes too. 'chief engineer' adam steltzner in particular, doesnt seem like a particularly high IQ individual.

RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 13:00 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
AMH_Power said:I hate it when I'm skyping and stand behind a door and it glitches, and they can still see me! Damn error correction...

Skype isn't designed for fixed cameras (or for bandwidth that low, for that matter). When you optimise for fixed cameras, you photograph and send a background, and then, basically, compress and send a diff stream. When your camera is likely to move, as Skype cameras are, this doesn't work well for reasons that I trust are obvious.
RickIcon...22-07-2019 @ 13:07 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10034 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
slimsim said:I've got a friend who works for the relatively newly formed British Space Agency. He was selected for a role when there were 2,000 applicants so he's pretty clued up.

I asked him what his thoughts were and he's convinced we did go. One thing he said, which is pretty compelling,is that there are reflectors place on the moon which enable you to shine a laser at them from earth to determine the exact distance between us. Obviously, you need a pretty powerful laser so it's not something which can be done from home, but if this is the case is it not a strong argument that we have sent rockets out of LEO and beyond?

Denialists (of all kinds, climate change is another excellent example) don't tend to address the mountain of positive evidence, but instead invite us to explain pieces of what they see as negative evidence.

I still think the most convincing argument comes down to Sherlock's dictum: eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth. It is certainly unlikely, a priori, that we put men on the moon and brought them back with 1960s technology. But it is IMPOSSIBLE that a six-figure number of people colluded to keep a non-boring secret for fifty years.
AMH_PowerIcon...22-07-2019 @ 13:17 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Rick said:
Skype isn't designed for fixed cameras (or for bandwidth that low, for that matter). When you optimise for fixed cameras, you photograph and send a background, and then, basically, compress and send a diff stream. When your camera is likely to move, as Skype cameras are, this doesn't work well for reasons that I trust are obvious.

I'm sceptical of this but will provisionally accept this as a potentially explanation.

However, what about the footage where the objects disappear, that are in front of the astronaut? They are pretending to pass it around but it's no longer visible.

Or the one where he shoots the object using elastic, the object isn't there but he is, he's even tracking it with his head as to add to theatrics of how impressive it is.

This explanation falls short in these cases.
Did you manage to watch some of the videos I referenced earlier? I appreciate it's hard to see past the annoying presentation/agenda of it instead of posting what it is as a valid argument.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...22-07-2019 @ 13:40 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22043 posts
We are told about these reflectors on the Moon. Has anyone independently shone high powered lasers at them? If they are indeed there, it appears to prove that the Moon physically exists and is reachable (by unmanned missions at least).
JackRevansIcon...22-07-2019 @ 14:21 
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
perhaps you could get hold of a laser pen and have a go in your garden

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions