REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 168 guests

Powerlifting shoes or boots, any recommendations or what I should consider

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

slow_lift_joeIconPowerlifting shoes or boots, any recommendations or what I should consider20-02-2019 @ 20:33 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
I am looking to purchase a pair of powerlifting shoes or boots.

Any recommendations and what I should consider ?

Currently lifting in a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors and sometimes just bare foot, I have been advised that I should consider something more professional and fit for the purpose, more support etc.

I like to deadlift flat footed as possible but like a little grip. As for squats should I consider a Olympic type shoe (a slight raised heel) ?
Personally I like the Chuck Taylor type shoe for both deadlifts and squats.
Is there a benefit to a raised heel for squats or overhead press ?

Choice in the UK :-
Adidas :- Powerlifts, Adipower etc
Nike :- Romaloes expensive not sure why ?
Sabo :- Goodlifts, Deadlifts etc
Strength Shop :- Coyotes, Hercules etc
Titan Contenders :- Not really available in the UK unless I import and expensive.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions and if any changes to footwear made a difference, thanks as always - Slow Lift Joe.

Happy
sprange67Icon...21-02-2019 @ 12:51 
Member 1858, 170 posts
SQ 285, BP 157.5, DL 302.5
745.0 kgs @ 98.9kgs UnEq
I think it would come down to personal preference. I was not sure what would or not work so brought a second hand pair of Adipower's off of ebay (as new for £50). Use them all the time but better than some converse, not sure....
slow_lift_joeIcon...21-02-2019 @ 13:46 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
I agree about personal choice.

Budget will also come into it :- Nike Romaleos are expensive and so are Titan and Metal powerlifting boots/shoes.

Also it is interesting that some people say heel helps with overhead pressing and squats.

I just prefer to be flat to the ground for squats and deadlifts hence why I am considering Sabo Powerlifting Goodlifts or Deadlifts.

The Metal boots also look good but around £140 for a pair but still less expensive than Nike Romaleos.
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions